- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Carnival Corporation today announced that 100% of its ships across the global fleet are equipped with Starlink's high-speed, low-latency global internet connectivity. The completed installation further enhances Carnival Corporation's onboard experience for its guests and crew to provide even faster service, greater capacity, and more reliable Wi-Fi on its fleet of 90-plus ships across its portfolio...

Latest News...Villa Vie Residences, a leading innovator in modern-day residential cruising, proudly announces the new Endless Horizons program, transforming the concept of retirement for adventurers who dream of traveling the world without the hassle of planning or ongoing expenses. With a one-time payment of $299,999 USD for single occupancy and $499,999 USD for double occupancy,...

Latest News...Setting sail today for her debut season from Southampton, Celebrity Cruises’ award-winning ship, Celebrity Apex, is turning heads as she becomes the first ship in the revolutionary Edge Series to call the United Kingdom home. Celebrity Apex will kick off her European season from Southampton with an eight-night Norwegian Fjords cruise. This serene sailing will visit idyllic locations...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Technically Speaking   » A New Queen... (Page 6)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: A New Queen...
Brian_O
First Class Passenger
Member # 3910

posted 11-11-2005 02:36 AM      Profile for Brian_O     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dmwnc1:

I just CANNOT fathom being on an aiplane for nearly 23 hours non-stop! Could you honestly sit for 23 hours on a plane? Not me.

The longest I've sat on a plane is 15hours and 15 minutes (13 hours and 39 minutes in the air, with all but 5 minutes of the rest on the tarmac at JFK) on a non-stop flight from New York to Johannesburg in 1996. It was 18 hours and 25 minutes on the retuirn flight, but we had a 40 minute refuelling stop in the Cape Verde Islands.

Sadly SAA no longer flies non-stop between the USA and South Africa since they moved all their 747-400's to the London-RSA routes and replaced them with A340s on the US routes. JFK-Joburg flights now stop at Dakar, adding 2 hours 35 minutes to the travel time compared to the non-stop flights, and Atlanta-Joburg flights stop in the Cape Verde Islands. Who wants to cruise on those creaky old tubs they charter for cruises out of Durban anyways?

Brian

[ 11-11-2005: Message edited by: Brian_O ]

Posts: 2698 | From: Pointe-Claire, QC Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Globaliser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4153

posted 11-11-2005 04:10 AM      Profile for Globaliser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dmwnc1:
I just CANNOT fathom being on an aiplane for nearly 23 hours non-stop! Could you honestly sit for 23 hours on a plane? Not me.
I could, but even the longest planned revenue flight is only going to be about 19-20 hours (LHR-SYD-LHR is the specific route that this effort is concentrated on). 18-hour non-stop revenue flights are already a matter of daily routine (SIN-EWR-SIN), so we're not talking about much more than is already being done today.

My longest flight was a 16:01 HKG-LHR. It was actually quite nice to wake up of my own accord when I'd had enough sleep, rather than be woken up by the crew because we were landing. I also regularly do the 22 hour jaunt to/from Sydney, although there is a necessary stop en route at present. I'd gladly abandon that to get to my destination a couple of hours faster.

Posts: 1869 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 11-11-2005 04:24 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd rather do two flights with an overnight stay than spend 20+ hours in a tin can....ahhhhhh!
Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Pascal
First Class Passenger
Member # 5510

posted 11-12-2005 04:10 AM      Profile for Pascal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good morning every body.
I don't like flying (nothing about being scared but I simply don't like that) and each time I can go somewhere by ship or by train I do it.
More over there are medical issues with very long flights. French medics named it (I don't know the English term, sorry) "syndrome de la classe économique". That's to say if you stay seated in a narrow place without moving during a very long time, you can die from embolism. I don't know how it works exactly but I have read several reports of such cases, especialy on the Paris-Nouméa line (the longest of the world, something about 32hrs of flight).

Posts: 1371 | From: Aix en Provence | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 11-12-2005 11:11 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pascal:
That's to say if you stay seated in a narrow place without moving during a very long time, you can die from embolism.

Yes, 'Deep Vein Thrombosis'. However, it could also equally occur if you to sit at a desk, in a car, or even in a steamer chair, on a prom deck, without moving for too long.

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 11-12-2005 11:35 AM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are likely to have a more comfortable chair and more room elsewhere I expect. Airlines give you a run down of exercises now, but when someone's knees are up against the seat in front, they can't. Airlines also suggest you get up every so often and walk about.. then on the other foot US Airlines then tell you you can't congregate by the toilets and talk to one's fellow passengers.. aside from the fact you can't get up or down the aisle half the time. I would never take a continuous 20hr flight. Even if it's only a 3 or 4 hour change somewhere, it breaks the monotony and gives one a chance to stretch the legs properly.

Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matts
First Class Passenger
Member # 4120

posted 11-12-2005 04:19 PM      Profile for Matts     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PamM:
Airlines give you a run down of exercises now, but when someone's knees are up against the seat in front, they can't. Airlines also suggest you get up every so often and walk about.. then on the other foot US Airlines then tell you you can't congregate by the toilets and talk to one's fellow passengers.. aside from the fact you can't get up or down the aisle half the time.
Pam

Those airline exercise sheets are a joke. They include them in the take off briefing on some. On an Air France 747 me and my 2 seating companions could barely stop laughing as we tried to to the exercises, with the seat in front being so close I was not even able to remove the magazine!.

Posts: 829 | From: London, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 11-12-2005 06:42 PM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My longest flight was Amsterdam - Vancouver with KLM 9 hr. It was a MD 11 and i was worry about the leg room. I'm quite tall 1.90m and have long legs. But to my surprice i found it quite excellent. I could move my legs and my knees don't touch the seat before me. The instruction on the a/b screens are indead a joke. So frome time to time i strech my legs by walking. And strech my legs. Only the toilets are horrible. Those are to small fore tall passengers. And we Dutch geth taller and taller.

Greetings Ben.

Posts: 4695 | From: Rotterdam home of the tss. Rotterdam. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brian_O
First Class Passenger
Member # 3910

posted 11-12-2005 06:57 PM      Profile for Brian_O     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While the HK-London flight took almost 23 hours, it didn't have to do so. The flight crossed 16 time zones. If they had flown the other direction it would have been a much shorter flight (8 time zones) but they would not have demostrated just how far the 777-200LR can fly non-stop: viz. more than half-way around the world mileagewise. While it's true they cannot fly as far as they did on this flight with a full passenger compliment, the plane can fly non-stop from practically any major airport in the world to any other, subject only to "fly-over" rights. That is why Boeing has dubbed the plane the "777 Worldliner".

Brian

Posts: 2698 | From: Pointe-Claire, QC Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brian_O
First Class Passenger
Member # 3910

posted 11-12-2005 07:03 PM      Profile for Brian_O     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:
I'd rather do two flights with an overnight stay than spend 20+ hours in a tin can....ahhhhhh!

If I had taken that attitude, my 3-week stay in RSA in 1996 would have been 2 days shorter.

Brian

Ocean Liners
First Class Passenger
Member # 4013

posted 11-13-2005 12:14 AM      Profile for Ocean Liners     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

I don't know how it works exactly but I have read several reports of such cases, especialy on the Paris-Nouméa line (the longest of the world, something about 32hrs of flight).

If they flew on Japan route(either Narita or Kansai Airports) by following flights they could travel in about 23 hours.

For examples: Paris - Nouméa

Flight/Aircraft Departs Arrives Flight time

Monday, November 14, 2005 at 11:15 PM Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 7:00 PM

AF278
77W Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - FRANCE Terminal 2F
Tokyo, Narita (NRT) - JAPAN Terminal 1
11h45

Connection Connection time : 1h55.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 8:55 PM Wednesday, November 16, 2005 at 7:40 AM

AF2278 *
332 Tokyo, Narita (NRT) - JAPAN Terminal 1
Nouméa, Tontouta (NOU) - NEW CALEDONIA
08h45

* Flight AF2278 is operated by Air Caledonie International on behalf of Air France.
Connection = change of aircraft, terminal, or airport.

Total flight time : 22h25

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 at 1:30 PM Thursday, November 17, 2005 at 9:10 AM

AF292
77W Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - FRANCE Terminal 2F
Osaka, Kansai Intl (KIX) - JAPAN
11h40

Connection Connection time : 2h20.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 at 11:30 AM Thursday, November 17, 2005 at 10:15 PM

AF2292 *
763 Osaka, Kansai Intl (KIX) - JAPAN
08h45

* Flight AF2292 is operated by Air Caledonie International on behalf of Air France.

Total flight time : 22h45

Though if they chose AF276 traveling time is about 32 hours because of stopover at Narita is much longer than above.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 1:20 PM Wednesday, November 16, 2005 at 9:20 AM

AF276
772 Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - FRANCE Terminal 2F
Tokyo, Narita (NRT) - JAPAN Terminal 1
12h00

Connection Connection time : 11h35.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 at 8:55 PM Thursday, November 17, 2005 at 7:40 AM

AF2278 *
332 Tokyo, Narita (NRT) - JAPAN Terminal 1
08h45

* Flight AF2278 is operated by Air Caledonie International on behalf of Air France.

Total flight time : 32h20

[ 11-13-2005: Message edited by: Ocean Liners ]

Posts: 4502 | From: Japan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brian_O
First Class Passenger
Member # 3910

posted 11-13-2005 04:32 AM      Profile for Brian_O     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ocean Liners:

If they flew on Japan route(either Narita or Kansai Airports) by following flights they could travel in about 23 hours.

For examples: Paris - Nouméa

Monday, November 14, 2005 at 11:15 PM Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 7:00 PM

AF278
77W Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - FRANCE
Terminal 2F Tokyo, Narita (NRT) - JAPAN
Terminal 1 11h45

Connection Connection time : 1h55.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 8:55 PM Wednesday, November 16, 2005 at 7:40 AM

AF2278 *
332 Tokyo, Narita (NRT) - JAPAN
Terminal 1 Nouméa, Tontouta (NOU) - NEW CALEDONIA
08h45

Total flight time : 22h25

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 at 1:30 PM Thursday, November 17, 2005 at 9:10 AM

]AF292
77W Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - FRANCE
Terminal 2F Osaka, Kansai Intl (KIX) - JAPAN
11h40

Connection Connection time : 2h20.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 at 11:30 AM Thursday, November 17, 2005 at 10:15 PM

AF2292 *
763 Osaka, Kansai Intl (KIX) - JAPAN
08h45

* Flight AF2292 is operated by Air Caledonie International on behalf of Air France.

Total flight time : 22h45

Though if they chose AF276 traveling time is about 32 hours because of stopover at Narita is much longer than above.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 1:20 PM Wednesday, November 16, 2005 at 9:20 AM

AF276
772 Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - FRANCE
Terminal 2F Tokyo, Narita (NRT) - JAPAN
Terminal 1 12h00

Connection Connection time : 11h35.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 at 8:55 PM Thursday, November 17, 2005 at 7:40 AM

AF2278 *
332 Tokyo, Narita (NRT) - JAPAN
Terminal 1 Nouméa, Tontouta (NOU) - NEW CALEDONIA
08h45

Total flight time : 32h20

I believe the flight times from Paris to Japan have been overestimated by 1 hour in each example. Paris is on GMT, Tokyo is GMT+9 and Noumea is GMT+11. The total flight times including layeovers should be 21hr25, 21hr45 and 31hr20. Actual flying times, based on gate-to-gate scheduled times, are: 19hr30, 19h25 and 19hr45.

Ocean Liners
First Class Passenger
Member # 4013

posted 11-13-2005 05:28 AM      Profile for Ocean Liners     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Japan Airlines or Varig operates one of long haul flights between Narita, Japan and Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

See JAL or Varig sites.

Brian_O
First Class Passenger
Member # 3910

posted 11-14-2005 12:51 AM      Profile for Brian_O     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Japan Airlines or Varig operates one of long haul flights between Narita, Japan and Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

See JAL or Varig sites.

No calculations of flying times, layover times, etc. ?

Brian

Ocean Liners
First Class Passenger
Member # 4013

posted 11-14-2005 01:33 AM      Profile for Ocean Liners     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brian_O:

I believe the flight times from Paris to Japan have been overestimated by 1 hour in each example. Paris is on GMT, Tokyo is GMT+9 and Noumea is GMT+11. The total flight times including layeovers should be 21hr25, 21hr45 and 31hr20. Actual flying times, based on gate-to-gate scheduled times, are: 19hr30, 19h25 and 19hr45.

You are incorrect.
Paris is 1 hour ahead of Greenwich mean time (GMT+1), or Japan is 8 hours ahead of Paris now.

[ 11-14-2005: Message edited by: Ocean Liners ]

Brian_O
First Class Passenger
Member # 3910

posted 11-14-2005 03:52 AM      Profile for Brian_O     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Paris is 1 hour ahead of Greenwich mean time (GMT+1), or Japan is 8 hours ahead of Paris now.

I stand corrected. France is on Central European Time. I misread the map in my National Geographic Atlas.

Brian

Ocean Liners
First Class Passenger
Member # 4013

posted 11-14-2005 04:33 AM      Profile for Ocean Liners     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Air New Zealand Flight #1 departs London (LHR) at 2:25 pm Arrives Auckland at 5:30 am(2nd day)
This flight has a total journey time of 26:05Hrs(including stopover at Los Angeles) though Varig flight #8836 has a total journey time of 27:45Hrs from Rio De Janeiro to Narita with 2 stops at Sao Paulo and Los Angeles.

Globaliser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4153

posted 11-14-2005 06:17 AM      Profile for Globaliser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To get back to reality, though, there is one thing about ultra-long haul flights that must be remembered. You need to carry more fuel for a long flight; you need to burn fuel to carry that extra fuel. As a rule of thumb, for every tonne of fuel uplifted, you burn 40 kg of fuel per hour just to keep that tonne in the air.

The net result is that these ultra-long haul flights will only be commercially viable on high-yield routes. Noumea is not a high-yield destination, nor is it ever likely to be. London-Auckland is very arguable. That's why the focus is on London-Sydney - it's probably the last high-yield route that cannot currently be done non-stop.

Or more accurately, the focus is on Sydney-London. London-Sydney is already perfectly feasible; it's the return trip that's difficult.

Globaliser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4153

posted 11-14-2005 06:21 AM      Profile for Globaliser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
More over there are medical issues with very long flights. French medics named it (I don't know the English term, sorry) "syndrome de la classe économique". That's to say if you stay seated in a narrow place without moving during a very long time, you can die from embolism.
The term "economy class syndrome" was, I'm convinced, invented by journalists who are irritated at not being allowed to travel in business class by their editors.

Statistical analysis of cases of deep vein thrombosis amongst airline passengers show that you have the same chance of developing this if you fly in first or business class as if you fly in economy class.

But "luxury travel syndrome" doesn't make good headlines, does it?

Globaliser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4153

posted 11-14-2005 06:24 AM      Profile for Globaliser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brian_O:
While the HK-London flight took almost 23 hours, it didn't have to do so. The flight crossed 16 time zones. If they had flown the other direction it would have been a much shorter flight (8 time zones)
For the record, London-Hong Kong is scheduled at about 12 hours, and Hong Kong-London is just over 13 hours. These are the northern winter schedules. You have to remember that actual flying is usually about 45-60 minutes less than the scheduled time of the flight - the rest of the scheduled time is made up of taxiing and waiting, and a bit of padding for small delays.

Ocean Liners
First Class Passenger
Member # 4013

posted 11-14-2005 07:31 AM      Profile for Ocean Liners     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Globaliser:

That's why the focus is on London-Sydney - it's probably the last high-yield route that cannot currently be done non-stop.

Or more accurately, the focus is on Sydney-London. London-Sydney is already perfectly feasible; it's the return trip that's difficult.

British Airways, Virgin or Qantas should purchase Boeing 777-200LR Worldliner to operate non-stop service on the Kangaroo Route.

Globaliser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4153

posted 11-14-2005 07:52 AM      Profile for Globaliser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
British Airways or Qantas should purchase Boeing 777-200LR Worldliner.
There's probably a greater than 75% chance that Qantas will buy it, with the announcement coming before Christmas.

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 11-14-2005 08:53 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Will these new aircraft make very long hauls cheaper?

I'd certainlyseriously think about cruising from the far East if the cruise was packaged with a reasonable priced flight.

Globaliser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4153

posted 11-14-2005 09:38 AM      Profile for Globaliser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:
Will these new aircraft make very long hauls cheaper?
Ultra-long hauls won't be cheaper. The Singapore-New York flights, for example, don't have any normal economy seating at all. The lowest class is premium economy - although this was as much to do with payload limitations as with the premium that people are prepared to pay for a non-stop flight. I wouldn't expect the London-Sydney flights to be much different.

However, the A380 is likely to make long-haul travel cheaper.

But flights to the Far East are already pretty cheap. Return flights to Hong Kong (one of my regular destinations) are currently available from about £295 + tax = £400 for travel in January. That's a generally-available published fare with BA on non-stops.

[ 11-14-2005: Message edited by: Globaliser ]

Brian_O
First Class Passenger
Member # 3910

posted 11-14-2005 06:34 PM      Profile for Brian_O     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Globaliser:
For the record, London-Hong Kong is scheduled at about 12 hours, and Hong Kong-London is just over 13 hours. These are the northern winter schedules. You have to remember that actual flying is usually about 45-60 minutes less than the scheduled time of the flight - the rest of the scheduled time is made up of taxiing and waiting, and a bit of padding for small delays.

Sounds about right for London-HK and return.

Yes. Scheduled times are gate-to-gate times and include the allowances you mention. On my non-stop flight from New York to Johannesburg we left the gate at JFK on schedule but didn't get airborne until 46 minutes later. We still arrived at the gate in Joburg 5 minutes ahead of schedule. Scheduled time was 14 hours 35 minutes. Actual flying time was 13 hours 39 minutes.

On the return flight (1-stop) we left the gate 90 minutes late because all flights were grounded due to a severe thunderstorm directly overhead. We still arrived at the gate at JFK a mere 35 minutes late.

Brian

[ 11-14-2005: Message edited by: Brian_O ]

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.