- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Cunard’s newest ship Queen Anne set sail for her homeport of Southampton after officially joining the luxury cruise line’s iconic fleet. Cunard took ownership of their stunning 3,000-guest ship during a traditional handover ceremony at the Fincantieri Marghera shipyard in Venice on Friday (19 April). Crowds joined together at the Fincantieri Marghera shipyard to wave an emotional goodbye...

Latest News...Carnival Cruise Line solidified its position as the leading cruise line in California on Wednesday as it christened its newest ship, Carnival Firenze, at its new home, the Long Beach Cruise Terminal. Hollywood actor Jonathan Bennett served as the ship's godfather, and he and Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy celebrated all things Italian with the help...

Latest News...Royal Caribbean Group last week reported first quarter Earnings per Share ("EPS") of $1.35 and Adjusted EPS of $1.77. These results were better than the company's guidance due to stronger pricing on close-in demand, strength in onboard revenue and favorable timing of expenses. As a result of an exceptional WAVE season and continued strength in demand, Royal Caribbean Group said that it is...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Who's BOOKED in 2013/2014? - closed (Page 9)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Author Topic: Who's BOOKED in 2013/2014? - closed
steeplechase
First Class Passenger
Member # 4056

posted 04-21-2012 08:08 AM      Profile for steeplechase   Author's Homepage   Email steeplechase   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah we have traveled Europe in winter before. We are open for suggestions.We have already seen much of Italy,France,England and Ireland.So we thought we could jump on a train and head to maybe Poland,Germany or Amsterdam?? Then fly home. I've always wanted to see Switzerland but am not much of a skier.Again any suggestions? What about Iceland on a return flight?
Posts: 663 | From: elkton maryland | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 04-21-2012 08:40 AM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by steeplechase:
[...] I've always wanted to see Switzerland but am not much of a skier.[...]

Switzerland has FAR more to offer than just skiing. Since this is a forum about ships I may point out that some of the very finest vessels on this planet are actually found in Switzerland:

PS Unterwalden - paddle steamer on Lake Lucerne

Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 04-21-2012 10:05 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi steeplechase!

Saying that you've always wanted to see Switzerland but not much of a skier would be like saying I'd love to visit Italy but I've already tried pasta and pizza.

From Venice you can definitely visit Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Hungary, Czech Republic, even faraway Spain and maybe even Mororrco. Plenty to do even if you don't ski.

You might even try and Google 'What to do in (insert country name) in winter' or substitute 'February' instead of using the word 'Winter' just to see what pops up.

Have fun!

Posts: 5650 | From: Clarksburg WV | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
steeplechase
First Class Passenger
Member # 4056

posted 04-21-2012 11:51 AM      Profile for steeplechase   Author's Homepage   Email steeplechase   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're both right. It's early in the planning stages. The Destiny will stop in Spain on the way into Italy. I was trolling around and Iceland came to mind. Might not be able to take the train there.

[ 04-21-2012: Message edited by: steeplechase ]

Posts: 663 | From: elkton maryland | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tom Burke
First Class Passenger
Member # 5238

posted 04-25-2012 07:14 AM      Profile for Tom Burke   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Burke   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just booked 14 nights on P&O's Ventura (again) for June 2013. We're both still working so we have to juggle holidays with work, and we also like to get everything (cabin, dining, car parking, etc) nailed-down as early as possible.

Bookings for June 2013 opened at 8am this morning and I'd booked on-line by 8:20.

Posts: 1469 | From: Sheffield, UK | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 04-26-2012 12:38 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Burke:
Bookings for June 2013 opened at 8am this morning and I'd booked on-line by 8:20.

Not messing around were you!

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 04-26-2012 12:38 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
moved

[ 07-25-2012: Message edited by: dmwnc1 ]

Tom Burke
First Class Passenger
Member # 5238

posted 04-26-2012 02:12 AM      Profile for Tom Burke   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Burke   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dmwnc1:

Not messing around were you!

Well, we're both still working, so fitting holidays in with work requires a pretty long lead-time. Then there are all the "I've been wait-listed for [this or that]" or "I got a really good late deal on [this cabin] but now I've seen the details it sucks" postings that seem to go with booking later that I've seen on various forums . As it is, we've got exactly the cabin we wanted (a specific cabin, in fact), the dining arrangements we wanted, free parking at Southampton and even some OBC.

For us, getting things tied up well in advance is what we prefer to do; we're not interested (at the moment) in chasing really cheap deals. In five years' time, who knows? - we'll both be retired by then. But for now, the early booking approach works.

[ 04-26-2012: Message edited by: Tom Burke ]

Posts: 1469 | From: Sheffield, UK | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jepp
First Class Passenger
Member # 5576

posted 06-25-2012 11:15 AM      Profile for Jepp   Email Jepp   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hepp!
I´ve booked m/s Arion from Göteborg to the norwegian fjords in July.

/Jepp

Posts: 158 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 06-26-2012 12:15 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jepp:
Hepp!
I´ve booked m/s Arion from Göteborg to the norwegian fjords in July.

/Jepp

Have a GREAT cruise!!! This is still one of those on my 'Bucket List'. Maybe one day I'll get to go.

jeffrossatsea
First Class Passenger
Member # 2962

posted 06-26-2012 07:04 PM      Profile for jeffrossatsea   Email jeffrossatsea   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ok...new bookings:

explorer of the seas to bermuda, september 23rd and celebrity reflection to the mediterranean, may 6th 2013

Posts: 1118 | From: vancouver | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 06-27-2012 12:25 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THANKS Jeff for the updates! I think I have you straight now.

Anyone else already looking at 2013? We are almost half way finished with this year...

Keep those cruises and reviews coming! It's the only way I'm going to travel in the near future. Us landlocked armchair cruisers are depending on you!

Anders
First Class Passenger
Member # 2227

posted 06-27-2012 08:56 AM      Profile for Anders   Email Anders   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wei are going with Vision of the Seas from Stockholm 7/7 för a weeks cruise visiting Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Riga, Gdansk and Visby.
For 2013 we have booked a 10 nights cruise from Southampton departing 16 July with Balmoral. We are going to visit St. Peter Port (Guernsey), Dublin(Ireland), Tobermory (Isle of Mull Scotland), Ullapool(Scotland), Kirkwall(Orkney Isles, Scotland), Stornoway(Isle of Lewis, Scotland), Belfast(Northen Ireland)

Anders

Posts: 25 | From: Jonkoping Sweden | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 06-28-2012 12:39 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Anders! It is wonderful to see you back here. Added your cruises to the list. THANK YOU for sharing your plans with us.
Frosty 4
First Class Passenger
Member # 5826

posted 06-28-2012 10:02 AM      Profile for Frosty 4   Email Frosty 4   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We will be doing a 50th wedding aniversary cruise with our family members(12 of us altogether)
Oasis OTS in June 2013..
Frosty 4

Posts: 2531 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 07-01-2012 02:58 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Got you added Frosty! Sounds like FUN!!!
ahrpd
First Class Passenger
Member # 6229

posted 07-01-2012 03:35 PM      Profile for ahrpd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Off tomorrow to join SILVER SHADOW in Vancouver!! Can't come soon enough!

Two more Silversea cruises in December and have just booked SEVEN SEAS NAVIGATOR for March 2013. Having already enjoyed the ship during Xmas 2010, this cruise will offer great ship spotting opportunities!

Tony

Posts: 948 | From: gibraltar | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
ahrpd
First Class Passenger
Member # 6229

posted 07-01-2012 03:37 PM      Profile for ahrpd     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ahrpd:
Off tomorrow to join SILVER SHADOW in Vancouver!! Can't come soon enough!

Two more Silversea cruises in December and have just booked SEVEN SEAS NAVIGATOR for March 2013. Having already enjoyed the ship during Xmas 2010, this cruise will offer great ship spotting opportunities!

Tony

Don't know how the 'angry' icon materialised in my earlier post!!! Far from it!!!

Posts: 948 | From: gibraltar | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 07-01-2012 04:40 PM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Don't know how the 'angry' icon materialised in my earlier post!!! Far from it!!!

If you want to try and remove the 'angry icon' maybe go back as if you were editing th post and abo it you'll see all the emoticon options. You might have accidentally tapped it. Just select another emoticon and the 'angry icon' will disappear.

Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 07-01-2012 06:15 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Well, I would be angry if I could not come soon enough.

Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeBarryboat
First Class Passenger
Member # 5308

posted 07-01-2012 08:43 PM      Profile for LeBarryboat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll be on the Oosterdam, August 12th departing out of Seattle to Alaska.
Posts: 1955 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
jeffrossatsea
First Class Passenger
Member # 2962

posted 07-02-2012 03:32 AM      Profile for jeffrossatsea   Email jeffrossatsea   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
shame you won't see BC's inside passage on this seattle based voyage
Posts: 1118 | From: vancouver | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 07-15-2012 08:49 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like I am going to have to cancel my October Caribbean Princess 4-nt weekend getaway to Bermuda from NY. Just too many personal 'issues' I am still struggling with from the first of the year. It was my only vacation scheduled for 2012.

However, for twice the price I can book the 5-nt Inaugural on the Royal Princess for next October...

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 07-24-2012 02:36 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How quickly things can change! I got some good news on my birthday this past Friday and am now booked on the ALLURE OF THE SEAS for December 2nd. It's doing a 7-nt western Caribbean, very similar to what I did last year on the Celebrity Millennium B2B so I'll be able to spend my entire seven days focused on the ship and the many venues on board to eat, relax, and be entertained by.
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 07-25-2012 12:10 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Moved

[ 08-02-2012: Message edited by: dmwnc1 ]

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.