- Ernst's Site
   - Patsy's Site
   - Ben's Site
   - Carlos' Site
   - Chris' Site
   - SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Tech-savvy modern travelers will be wowed by Royal Caribbean International's newest ship, Quantum of the Seas, which incorporates unprecedented levels of technology to amp up the vacation experience. "Cruise vacations have a romantic past – but they also have a lively,...

Latest News...Holland America Line celebrated the keel laying of its new 2,650-guest Pinnacle Class ship on Aug. 22 at Fincantieri's Marghera shipyard in Italy. A 680-ton block was lowered by crane into the yard's building dock, marking the official beginning of construction,...

Latest News...Cunard announced its 2016 World and Exotic Cruise Program this week. The Program will feature three World and Exotic Cruises with options ranging from four to 121 days aboard Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth. The fleet will be travelling to...

More Cruise News...

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Who's BOOKED in 2013/2014? - closed (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Author Topic: Who's BOOKED in 2013/2014? - closed
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 03-03-2011 01:41 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Such an impressive lineup of voyages you all have in your futures! Not counting the Celebrity MERCURY, I have done a lot of 'arm chair' cruising as of the past few years and really enjoy it when I can see things through the eyes of others, things I will no longer be able to enjoy again on my own. I sincerely hope to see lots of pictures and reviews from all of your voyages. That would be very nice indeed....

THANKS again to Ernie for his wonderful review and photo album from the Allure of the Seas. I truly hope to see many others as well from ALL of our wonderful members here at CT.

Posts: 5650 | From: Clarksburg WV | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cambodge
First Class Passenger
Member # 906

posted 03-07-2011 10:15 PM      Profile for Cambodge   Email Cambodge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With GF, on 2 April, we are taking the route of least hassle this time. We drive to Baltimore (no Wright Brothers' Folly for us!). Neighbors then bring my car back to my house.

Then we leisurely board a "Something of the Seas" I think "Enchantment" O/S" [I know it has a rock-climbing wall, so say the brochures - ugh] and will be fed and subject to overpriced booze for nine days, whlst (a tip of the hat to our UK friends), the ship parallels the scenic US East Coast to Nassau; makes some sort of Private Island pit stop, and returns to "Balmer."

Last year it was Saga Pearl II, R/T Dover to Norway. But I will be 86 on this venture, so I have to trim the standards a bit. Nine Days. Via Pt Canaveral where I will check up on my taxpayer investment in NASA. Then On to Nassau and return.

Oh yes, it is a US$-based ship as I am still recovering from those UK.pound bar prices on the Saga Pearl-II.

As another GF observed, Nassau is possibly more interesting than Glen Burnie (MD). We shall see.

[ 03-08-2011: Message edited by: Cambodge ]

Posts: 2149 | From: St. Michaels MD USA , the town that fooled the British! | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
claudio
First Class Passenger
Member # 1214

posted 03-08-2011 05:18 AM      Profile for claudio   Email claudio   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
im on oct 5 msc melody to canary islands not a mega ship but a nice itinerary with plenty of port time do you think msc will still have melody in oct i read somewhere its for sale
Posts: 467 | From: melbourne australia | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
sympatico
First Class Passenger
Member # 797

posted 03-08-2011 11:17 AM      Profile for sympatico     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
EURODAM for Xmas again with DD. I can no longer travel alone due to mobility problems and DD being a lawyer finds that the Xmas cruise is best for her as the office is closed over the XMAS holidays and she only misses a few days of work.

Last year we went the week before Xmas and the price was almost 1/2 what we paid this year.

Posts: 3305 | From: Toronto, Ont. Canada | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 04-27-2011 02:05 PM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Argh... After almost two weeks of calls as to why half of my B2B on the Celebrity MILLENNIUM was Code Red and getting a variety of non-answers from Celebrity Cruises I finally got the dreaded call from my TA today that the ship has been chartered. Never had this happen to me before. Now my conundrum with airfare and hotels already booked; facing airline change fees and ticket differential costs that add up to over $300 and extra nights of accommodations adding several hundred more dollars, or cancel the whole thing (more airline penalties) and start all over again. My head hurts....
Frosty 4
First Class Passenger
Member # 5826

posted 04-27-2011 02:14 PM      Profile for Frosty 4   Email Frosty 4   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Going to an Expo this Saturday.mainly for Diamond class folks on RCL. Celebrity will also be there.Going to see what kind of deals they have?????
Frosty 4

Posts: 2462 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bernard
First Class Passenger
Member # 1038

posted 04-28-2011 09:10 AM      Profile for Bernard     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello from another old-timer.

Just back from Independence of the seas and booked on Grand Princess. Thinking of booking the Rotterdam transatlantic in July if the prices drop even more.

Cheers.

Posts: 94 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 04-28-2011 10:40 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
Hello from another old-timer.

Just back from Independence of the seas and booked on Grand Princess. Thinking of booking the Rotterdam transatlantic in July if the prices drop even more.

Cheers.

Welcome Back, Bernard! Hope you enjoyed your cruise, and don't forget if you have time to write up a review here on Cruise Talk. The transatlantic on the Rotterdam sounds like my kind of cruise! She is one of my favorite cruise memories.

Grant
First Class Passenger
Member # 1000

posted 04-28-2011 11:53 AM      Profile for Grant   Email Grant   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've narrowed the potentials to 4, and have deposits down on two!! 14 days on Caribbean Princess out of San Juan on Feb 5 (sunny days and great beachs), 27 days on Ocean Princess from Hawaii to Sydney on Feb 18 (love the intinerary-hate the ship), 23 days on Diamond Princess from Sydney to Hong Kong on Feb 04, and Arcadia from England to Dubai in early January (bucket list includes a Suez Canal transit). Now to find the $$$$ and the time!!
Posts: 833 | From: Victoria, BC, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Linerrich
First Class Passenger
Member # 4864

posted 04-28-2011 12:16 PM      Profile for Linerrich   Email Linerrich   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's more of a voyage than a cruise, but I am booked on Hurtigruten's NORDSTJERNEN for next March. I've wanted to sail on this classic ship for years, and kept putting it off. Now that they've announced that her days are numbered (she was built in 1956) I decided it was time to book and deposit the trip before she's gone.

Rich

Posts: 4205 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 04-29-2011 11:34 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, Celebrity Cruises came through on my little conundrum. If you remember I was booked on a B2B 9-night aboard the Celebrity MILLENNIUM until the second half was chartered. After emailing my TA with the reasons I couldn't slide back the dates (prior work commitments) to make it an earlier B2B and the loss of half my vacation the gave me a $100 OBC and upgraded me to an ocean-view cabin. A balcony would have been nice but I did't want to push my luck. They also offered to reimburse me for any airline fees ($150) to change the ticket since now I have to fly back several days earlier. I guess a 5-night cruise is better than none?
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 04-29-2011 11:40 AM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dmwnc1:
Well, Celebrity Cruises came through on my little conundrum. If you remember I was booked on a B2B 9-night aboard the Celebrity MILLENNIUM until the second half was chartered. After emailing my TA with the reasons I couldn't slide back the dates (prior work commitments) to make it an earlier B2B and the loss of half my vacation the gave me a $100 OBC and upgraded me to an ocean-view cabin. A balcony would have been nice but I did't want to push my luck. They also offered to reimburse me for any airline fees ($150) to change the ticket since now I have to fly back several days earlier. I guess a 5-night cruise is better than none?

Glad to hear it worked out.

What date are you booked on? I'm booked for the December 3rd 5-night sailing.

Ernie

Posts: 7046 | From: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 04-29-2011 11:49 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by eroller:
Glad to hear it worked out. What date are you booked on? I'm booked for the December 3rd 5-night sailing. Ernie

That makes two of us! How cool. I would be very honored to buy you a drink.

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 04-29-2011 11:53 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since my cruise ends on the 8th now instead of the 12th it gives my a few opportunities to do another quickie 3-night on either the Majesty of the Seas, Carnival Imagination, or Norwegian Sky. I would love to gone on the Majesty again, maybe not so much the NSky after your review Ernie.
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 04-29-2011 01:15 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

That makes two of us! How cool. I would be very honored to buy you a drink.

It will be great to finally meet you in person! It will be my pleasure to buy you a drink as well!! There will be another Cruise Talker onboard as well so it should be a fun trip. You are more than welcome to dine with us if you like second sitting. I think that is what we selected. Let me know if you are interested and we can x-ref with your booking.

Ernie

eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 04-29-2011 01:19 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Since my cruise ends on the 8th now instead of the 12th it gives my a few opportunities to do another quickie 3-night on either the Majesty of the Seas, Carnival Imagination, or Norwegian Sky. I would love to gone on the Majesty again, maybe not so much the NSky after your review Ernie.

Personally I was not the least bit impressed with NORWEGIAN SKY. Of course I know the experience would be different in early December but I didn't even like the ship very much.

Even though MAJESTY OF THE SEAS is an older ship I much prefer it. That would be my choice. Of course there is always Carnival ... Lol. Seriously Carnival is not a bad product but I avoid the short cruises at all costs. Just a little too ghetto for my personal taste.

Ernie

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 04-29-2011 02:03 PM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just looked over the pictures again from your Norwegian Sky cruise last year and the ship looked fine enough but I would still lean towards the Majesty of the Seas if not booking the Carnival Destiny. I would prefer a 4-night over the 3-night to fill the time before flying back to West Virginia.

I am a bit of a shy person but would rather enjoy having the opportunity to dine with you and the other CT member. I am also looking forward to trying the Olympic Restaurant onboard as well. I will have to send you my booking number since I am also booked 2nd dining.

Frosty 4
First Class Passenger
Member # 5826

posted 05-01-2011 01:36 PM      Profile for Frosty 4   Email Frosty 4   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Back from the Expo and was looking at the Greek Isles out of Venice on RCL. RhapsodyOTS.
Checked pricing-- cheaper in June but airline fares high,then looked at Sept. Higher cruise fare but cheaper air. Actually could save $200/person then.
However no non stop flights to Venice and poor scheduled times. The best one was with American/ Finnair but had a 45min layover in Helsinki. IMHO not enough time to insure baggage transfer to Venice. Other flights had late afternoon arrival also not good getting to the ship.The return flights had LONG layovers.
Also the ship is older and scheduled for drydock right after Sept. cruise. I would assume this ship like Grand Princess(last cruise) needs a refit.
I guess Venice is not a good starting point for a cruise.
So back to square one.

Frosty 4

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 05-02-2011 12:38 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frosty 4:
I guess Venice is not a good starting point for a cruise.
So back to square one.

Frosty 4

Have you considered maybe flying into a larger city and doing a pre-cruise in Vienna or Milan then taking the train into Venice?

jeffrossatsea
First Class Passenger
Member # 2962

posted 05-02-2011 12:59 AM      Profile for jeffrossatsea   Email jeffrossatsea   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
or a night in venice would be nice too, but i was thinking the same thing...big city then an over night train ride from munich which takes about 8 hours....jeff
Posts: 1057 | From: vancouver | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cunard Fan
First Class Passenger
Member # 7530

posted 05-02-2011 04:17 AM      Profile for Cunard Fan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If money finally allows, I am really hoping this year will be the year I finally get on a ship or hopefully ship(s)! Right now I am eyeballing a transatlantic on QM2 and the Rotterdam transatlantic in July that others have already mentioned here ( I would love to see Stephen Payne talk ). Also my family (who I have been working on for years, trying to bring them to the "ship side" and get them to go on a cruise) wants to go on Oasis. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I celebrated my 21st birthday on the 23 so I am hoping that I can book something soon as a birthday present to myself

Posts: 2327 | From: Pasadena just north of Queen Mary | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Frosty 4
First Class Passenger
Member # 5826

posted 05-04-2011 09:47 AM      Profile for Frosty 4   Email Frosty 4   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Being a Senior Citizen, I'm not one to travel on trains /buses etc. were I would have to drag all the (cruise) luggage around. And be in a country where I don't speak the language.
It sure was nice back when you checked your baggage at the airport ---the next time you saw it was outside your stateroom. 9/11 took care of that.
I do believe that some cruise lines offer a package that takes your luggage on the final night of the cruise and takes it to the airport and checks it in for you-for a $$ amount. You next see it at your home base airport.
Anyone use this service and what was the cost??
Frosty 4

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 05-17-2011 01:55 PM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Finally found out what happened to the second half of my (9-night) cancelled/chartered 4-night on the Millennium:

http://www.tcmcruise.com/

Would have LOVED to been able to participate. How cool would that have been!

rem-dk
First Class Passenger
Member # 5121

posted 05-28-2011 03:26 PM      Profile for rem-dk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am booked on Navigator of the Seas at the 24th. of July in eastern Mediterranean Sea

Best regards
René.

[ 06-03-2011: Message edited by: rem-dk ]

Posts: 238 | From: Fredensborg Denmark | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
LeBarryboat
First Class Passenger
Member # 5308

posted 05-28-2011 07:35 PM      Profile for LeBarryboat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Might do an Alaska cruise in June or early July, then Looks like I'll be cruising from Moscow to St Petersburg Russia July 30th on a river boat. Finally, Hawaii in November. Busy year of cruises for me. 2012 I may be cruising out of Australia.
Sweden Gota Kanal
Italy on Silversea

Posts: 1926 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2006 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.