- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Queen Anne, the 249th ship to sail under the Cunard flag, set sail just after 9 pm local time as thousands of spectators gathered on the shores to watch the departure from vantage points across the city and along Southampton water. Guests on board the 3,000-guest, 113,000-ton ship are set to enjoy a spectacular sail away party, with celebrations continuing throughout...

Latest News...Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. today reported financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2024 and provided guidance for the second quarter and full year 2024. First Quarter 2024 Highlights: Generated total revenue of $2.2 billion, a 20% increase compared to the same period in 2023 on 8% capacity growth, with GAAP net income of $17.4 million, or EPS of $0.04...

Latest News...The countdown is on for the next big thing coming to vacations, the ultimate short getaway: Royal Caribbean International’s Utopia of the Seas is almost ready for its debut. Starting today, the next in the lineup of game-changing Oasis Class ships is making its way to the open ocean for the first time to begin five days of testing....

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Fire on STAR PRINCESS (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Author Topic: Fire on STAR PRINCESS
J.S.S.Normandie
First Class Passenger
Member # 6253

posted 03-23-2006 10:42 PM      Profile for J.S.S.Normandie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not doubting that US could burn. She had flammable materials onboard. One of which was the alchohol in the bars. Like Ernst said, after a while everything would probably burn. I'm just saying I'd rather be in one of her asbestos clad cabins when a fire broke out, and have a few extra minutes, than be on Star Princess with a fire spreading that rapidly.

P.S. When I said there was as good a chance of US not cathching fire as there was of NCL restoring her, I meant I don't think NCL is going to restore her.

Posts: 1197 | From: Massachusetts where the Brittania was trapped! | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
bulbousbow
First Class Passenger
Member # 4440

posted 03-23-2006 10:47 PM      Profile for bulbousbow   Author's Homepage   Email bulbousbow   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
NWLB wrote:
...(unless she is or was the ship that burned in Japan a few years ago, I'm not up on which of that class was built where.)...

Different ships. That was DIAMOND PRINCESS.

Cheers

Posts: 6866 | From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
bulbousbow
First Class Passenger
Member # 4440

posted 03-23-2006 10:50 PM      Profile for bulbousbow   Author's Homepage   Email bulbousbow   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Cruise Line Issues Official Star Princess Update -- 5 p.m.
March 23, 2006

Princess Cruises has offered an update on Star Princess, which is currently docked at Jamaica's Montego Bay after a major fire early this morning that spread through approximately 100 passenger staterooms. The cruise line notes that the cause is still unknown -- despite rampant speculation elsewhere that the cause of the fire was a still-lit cigarette -- and Princess is working with the U.S. Coast Guard to assess the damage.

The cruise will be terminated in Montego Bay -- a decision that won't surprise anyone -- and Princess is working to arrange air home for all passengers. Only those folks who were burned out of their cabins will actually stay in land-based resorts on Jamaica. The remainder will continue to sleep onboard and a spokeswoman says that all facilities are operational.

It anticipates that passengers will be flown home over the next two days. The cruise line will extend a full refund of cruise fare and will cover out-of-pocket travel expenses. Princess also will give passengers a future cruise credit worth about 25 percent of the actual fare paid.

Star Princess' next cruise, slated to depart Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday, March 26, is canceled. According to the statement, "Similarly, passengers booked on this sailing will receive a full refund, the same 25 percent credit towards a future cruise, and Princess will additionally cover out-of-pocket travel expenses as a result of the change."

It also notes that "over the course of the next few days we will fully assess damage caused by the fire and plan to make the necessary temporary repairs to enable the ship to maintain its onward schedule. A plan for the repairs to the affected cabins will also be drawn up, and passengers booked in those cabins will be advised as soon as possible of our forward plans.

"A special number has been set up for inquiries from immediate family of passengers who are currently onboard: 1-800-693-7222."

Princess Cruises

Cheers

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 03-23-2006 10:54 PM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It also notes that "over the course of the next few days we will fully assess damage caused by the fire and plan to make the necessary temporary repairs to enable the ship to maintain its onward schedule.

This I gotta see...

Posts: 5650 | From: Clarksburg WV | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 03-23-2006 10:58 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dmwnc1:
It also notes that "over the course of the next few days we will fully assess damage caused by the fire and plan to make the necessary temporary repairs to enable the ship to maintain its onward schedule.

This I gotta see...

This will certainly be interesting. The cleanup inside is certainly difficult - but there are companies specialized in that - just a matter of money - the affected cabins are just not used.

The interesting thing will be whether they will come up with some balconies - anything else would not only look ridiculouse but actually might frighten passengers - the rest is ony a 'paint job'.

[ 03-23-2006: Message edited by: Ernst ]

Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
jetwet1
First Class Passenger
Member # 6361

posted 03-23-2006 11:31 PM      Profile for jetwet1   Author's Homepage   Email jetwet1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry,didn't mean that the partitions would stop a fire,after all there is a gap at the bottom,but I would of thought that unless they fire was very hot they would of provided a break in it.

Im still scratching my head trying to figure out how a fire on a balcony would have enough material to burn that hot,unless of course,lord I hope im wrong,it was something delibrate.

Posts: 608 | From: Las VEgas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
J.S.S.Normandie
First Class Passenger
Member # 6253

posted 03-24-2006 12:38 AM      Profile for J.S.S.Normandie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dmwnc1:

This I gotta see...

That should provide for a unusual cruise. Bon Voyage!

Posts: 1197 | From: Massachusetts where the Brittania was trapped! | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brian_O
First Class Passenger
Member # 3910

posted 03-24-2006 12:47 AM      Profile for Brian_O     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ernst:

It is also not true that there were less fires aboard 'older' ships - e.g. the above mentioned QE2 encountered actually a more severe fire. (I do not remeber whether someone has been killed)

QE2 has indeed had a few fires, including 4 (that I know of) that occurred while I was on board. One of them required the evacuation of passengers from about 30 cabins on 2 Deck aft at about 2 am on September 9, 1981 on a westbound crossing. The sprinkler system extinguised the fire but made such a mess of the entire section of 2 Deck aft of the G Stairway that the passengers had to be re-assigned to other cabins after spending most of the night in the Queen's Room. The entire section was refurbished over the next 2 days. As far as I know, there were no injuries. No general alarm was sounded, so the vast majority of passengers did not hear about the fire until breakfast time.

Brian

Posts: 2698 | From: Pointe-Claire, QC Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Royal Caribbean Cruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4310

posted 03-24-2006 01:22 AM      Profile for Royal Caribbean Cruiser   Author's Homepage   Email Royal Caribbean Cruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
update on the person who died. our local news did a segment on the ship fire, and said the person who died was a 75 year old man from Georgia. its a very tragic accident.
Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
mike sa
First Class Passenger
Member # 5957

posted 03-24-2006 03:19 AM      Profile for mike sa   Author's Homepage   Email mike sa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
None of the Princess ships have sprinklers on the balconies, indeed niether do Celebrity or RCI, it would seem that it is not a requirement ? Frankly I would be very sceptical about the cigarette story given the lack of combustible material on these balconies, the deck coating is fire-resistant plastic, deck furniture is either plastic or treated "teak" wood. More likely would be an electrical issue, also would be strange given the safety equipment in place or a deliberate act - no doubt we will know in due course. If deliberate I hope they catch the idoit and hang him out to dry (figuratively speaking of course, it seems that too many people get on a ship and check their brains in at the terminal for collection en route home, I mean how many times do you need to be told don't climb on the railings for instance). The fires on the Estasy and Costa Classica and Sun Princess I ships (if I remember correctly) all started in crew areas (laundries etc) and spread to mooring decks or were contained, pax areas are by their nature safer.
Posts: 2272 | From: Durban, South Africa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
bulbousbow
First Class Passenger
Member # 4440

posted 03-24-2006 03:24 AM      Profile for bulbousbow   Author's Homepage   Email bulbousbow   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Jamaica. Shortage of accommodation for passengers evacuated from Carnival cruise ship after fire
Marian Martin
March 23, 2006

The Jamaica Hotel and Tourist Association says it is short of about 500 rooms, out of the 1500 that Carnival Cruise Lines have asked to be provided for passengers from the fire damaged Star Princess.

Carnival has issued a statement about the incident in which one passenger suffered a cardiac arrest and died

“This morning at approximately 3:10 am local time, as Star Princess was en route from Grand Cayman to Montego Bay, a fire broke out in the passenger accommodations, and spread to adjacent cabins.

Passengers were immediately notified of the fire using the public address system and requested to report to their muster stations. We subsequently completed a full check to account for all passengers and crew.

We deeply regret having to confirm that there has been one passenger fatality following a cardiac arrest, two passengers with significant smoke inhalation injuries and nine passengers with minor complications resulting from smoke inhalation. The injured passengers have been stabilized in the ship's medical center.

The fire is fully out, however there is still residual smoke throughout the affected area. The cause of the fire at this time is unknown.

The ship is carrying a total of 2,690 passengers and 1,123 crew members.

A full damage assessment is being carried out now that the ship has arrived in Montego Bay.

Authorities were immediately contacted regarding the incident and we continue to work closely with all relevant parties.

Star Princess sailed from Fort Lauderdale on March 19 on a western Caribbean itinerary with calls at Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay and Princess Cays.”

BYM News

Cheers

Budgie
First Class Passenger
Member # 2902

posted 03-24-2006 03:40 AM      Profile for Budgie   Email Budgie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have just watched a very short news item regarding this story. I sailed on Star princess last year and had a very enjoyable cruise. It is very sad to see what has happened.
I have also read this thread and would like to put another viewpoint from the ones at the start. Could it not be possible that there was only the one fatality because of the ship being a recent build and meeting current regulations. Could it not be that the passengers who did escape the area where able to do so because of the ships construction and use of materials etc.
Any and all loss of life is very sad but you can not legislate for a zero number, there will always be additional factors.
Let us not forget that cruise ships are a very safe way to take a holiday.
All in all a very sad day for cruise lovers, and let's not forget the twelve passengers from Millennium. Two tragedies in 24 hours.

[ 03-24-2006: Message edited by: Budgie ]

Posts: 174 | From: Liverpool: The world in one city. | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 03-24-2006 04:45 AM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J.S.S.Normandie:
I'm not doubting that US could burn. She had flammable materials onboard. One of which was the alchohol in the bars. Like Ernst said, after a while everything would probably burn. I'm just saying I'd rather be in one of her asbestos clad cabins when a fire broke out, and have a few extra minutes, than be on Star Princess with a fire spreading that rapidly.

P.S. When I said there was as good a chance of US not cathching fire as there was of NCL restoring her, I meant I don't think NCL is going to restore her.

I tell you stay a view minute in your US asbestos/cabin pobably you will killed by smocke. It's not the fire that is the first killer but the Smocke. The US by today standards is much unsafer thene the Star Princess. As said before aluminium is flameble and melt down. And the US is almost build up with aluminium. I would not a/b this ship whene there is a fire. Annyway on non ship eather.

I been in a fire whene a pyroman lighted the rubber doormat in oure flat stairwell. The smocke was horrible and we where trapped in oure appartemant. Happy it was not seriously and the fire was out in a view minutes. But the smocke was greacy, bitter and irritating. We could escape to oure balcony. After that the whole 8 appartemants in oure flat could be restored because the thick black smocke of the rubber mat dith a lot of damage.

Therfore i would rather by afraid fore smocke thene the flames.

Ben.

Posts: 4695 | From: Rotterdam home of the tss. Rotterdam. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 03-24-2006 05:32 AM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are a series of webcam shots posted on the net here, taken between 08.07 GMT & 08.20 GMT showing the thick smoke pouring over Star Princess' funnel....

Pam [thanks to Budgie for the link]

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rego007
First Class Passenger
Member # 4632

posted 03-24-2006 05:54 AM      Profile for Rego007     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting those webcam photos, Pam. Those really are terrifying. It's one thing to see the "after" photos and try to imagine what it was like, but the webcam photos really do speak a thousand words.

I'm sure you'll agree that there's a certain serenity about being on the deck of a quiet ship when most other passengers are asleep. But imagine enjoying that quiet time and then seeing that smoke come rolling up!

Posts: 106 | From: Daytona Beach, FL USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
viking109
First Class Passenger
Member # 6280

posted 03-24-2006 05:59 AM      Profile for viking109        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If it turns out to be a cigarette that caused the fire, then it is blindingly obvious that smoking on board any ship should be restricted to a specific area. What other form of public transport can you smoke freely on?.
Regarding the United States, I am sure it's firefighting and prevention systems were pretty much up there with many of todays ships. Don't forget the ship was built for the North Atlantic where any rescue attempt is not exactly going to be quick.

Posts: 499 | From: southampton | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 03-24-2006 06:26 AM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Princess have said that a cigarette being the cause is pure speculation. If the fire turns out to be an electrical fault in say a digital camera battery charger.. are you saying all such items should be banned? The fire on QM2 on our trip was caused by an electric shaver. We also had 2 fires on one cruise [not QM2]; promptly put out, but one of those was in the laundry room... the lower decks stunk all afternoon/night. I would say electrical faults are far more to blame for fires than anything else? Think of all the people who take extension strips and plug all and sundry in these days? Could a fire have spread quickly though cable ducting? if the fire had already started even if the electrical trips went, it would still spread along the cables surely? All speculation...

I have also read of people who insist on taking such things as candles with them! despite being told not to.. and travel irons, I have seen more than one of them burnout.

Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
viking109
First Class Passenger
Member # 6280

posted 03-24-2006 07:05 AM      Profile for viking109        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pam
I did only say IF it turns out to have been caused by a cigarette and did not suggest a total ban. I am a reformed smoker and we are always the worst complainers about smoking!
I guess its all down to commonsense as to what might constitue a fire risk. I know what you mean about digital camera battery chargers. Mine can get incredibly hot during charging.

Posts: 499 | From: southampton | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
911BOSS
First Class Passenger
Member # 1853

posted 03-24-2006 07:27 AM      Profile for 911BOSS   Email 911BOSS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just caught an interview on GMA with a doctor (passenger) who was onboard. I am glad to report that he said the crew did a fabulous job and between them and the orderly passenger evacuation to muster stations many lives were probably saved.
It will be interesting in the coming days to see how Princess handles the passengers. We were evacuated from the Island Princess a few years ago after we struck the Regent Sea in Skagway. Between all the "freebies" it turned out to be the best cruise we ever had. Princess could not have done a better job at customer relations.

Posts: 62 | From: RALEIGH,N.C. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 03-24-2006 08:04 AM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J.S.S.Normandie:

Inflamable buildings only exist in Fahrenheit 411.

Just looking at the pictures of the interior of the Unites States I see a lot of stuff which ca n burn heftily: Furniture (chairs with cushions etc.), cable insualtion, paint, floor covering, table cloth, curtains, I guess some of the wall panelling would also burn - so she was 'inflamable' as the Titanic was 'unsinakble'. I have my doubts that she would comply with nowadays regulations in her original configuration. (most of the 'plastic' used for sure produces very nasty fumes)

[ 03-24-2006: Message edited by: Ernst ]

Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan
First Class Passenger
Member # 5201

posted 03-24-2006 08:20 AM      Profile for Jonathan   Author's Homepage   Email Jonathan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I honestly would have to say it could have been an electrical fire. If someones device shorted out then the wires could have caught fire and spread to the rooms. To get the balconies to burn like that maybe the lights on the balconies also caught fire if it was electical. And steal conducts heat and if you get a big enough fire it can char and or melt it. I would have been terrified if i was in one of those cabins. On a happier not tho i think princess handled the event well.

Jonathan

Posts: 559 | From: Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
OceanVoyager
First Class Passenger
Member # 5585

posted 03-24-2006 08:26 AM      Profile for OceanVoyager   Email OceanVoyager   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Having sailed on bigger sister ship "Caribbean Princess" in 2004, this incident was quite shocking, and sad.

Lets hope it was just a tragic accident.

I know 1 person dying is 1 too many, but it shows that the emergency and safety procedures on such a large vessel worked, and lets be thankful that there were only a handful of injuries.

We live in this day and age full of electronic gadgets and goodies which, once in a while, if not looked after, can cause problems.

Fingers crossed we don't see this again in a hurry...

Andrew

Posts: 627 | From: Hythe, Southampton, UK | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 03-24-2006 09:06 AM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ernst,

The whole point of fire protection is not to be inflammable but to slow down the burning and smoke transmission to the point where people can evacuate.

Las Vegas fire code: In hotels all exit signs must be 12" above the floor so people escaping crawl along the floor to avoid the smoke which would obscure a ceiling sign.

Chicago codes required sealed plenum space [area between the finish ceiling and floor slab] so smoke does not get through the HVAC systems.

Light fittings cannot have styrene since when burning creates black smoke. When PVC burns it gives off deadly chlorine gas.

Hardwood in a 12 x 12 column has a 1 hour fire rating where un-encapsulated steel is 10 minutes.
Coated steel is about 40 minutes.

Another point is there is no one best way to contain fire. Codes are written by committee and political horse trading takes place.

quote:
Originally posted by Ernst:

Inflamable buildings only exist in Fahrenheit 411.

[ 03-24-2006: Message edited by: Ernst ]

[ 03-24-2006: Message edited by: desirod7 ]

Posts: 5727 | From: Philadelphia, Pa [home of the SS United States] | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
sunviking82
First Class Passenger
Member # 4930

posted 03-24-2006 10:30 AM      Profile for sunviking82     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We had friends of a friend abord the Star with their kids and in their e-mail gave VERY high marks to the Princess crew and how the situation was handled. I know that many people poo - poo Princess in the past, but I have always felt that their crews were some of the best trained and this just proves it. The Captain made frequent announcements to keep the passengers informed and when the cruise was terminated, and the Captain thanked the crew and passengers, everyone on board throughout the ship stood and gave the crew a stand ovation.

WELL DONE STAR PRINCESS CREW! For those who felt Cunard would be hurt by Princess management should take note.

Posts: 383 | From: Minneapolis Minnesota , USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Frosty 4
First Class Passenger
Member # 5826

posted 03-24-2006 10:35 AM      Profile for Frosty 4   Email Frosty 4   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Most newer ships have all sorts of monitoring. ( having seen it on a bridge tour)Smoke detectors are in all cabins and possibly in the spaces where all electrical,communications,etc run. Not sure what type extinguishers are used???Haleon(spelling?) is a very good type of extinguisher not like CO2 that deprives the oxygen making it somewhat dangerous for humans.
Maybe someone familiar with actual ship construction/outfitting can comment here.
Frosty 4

Posts: 2531 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.