- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...She's the next in a fine line for Cunard, and today (April 19), Queen Anne officially joined the luxury cruise line's iconic fleet during a historic handover ceremony in Italy. Cunard took ownership of their stunning 3,000-guest ship during a traditional handover ceremony at the Fincantieri Marghera shipyard in Venice – where master shipbuilders have been constructing the...

Latest News...Princess Cruises and ship builder Fincantieri today announced the mutual decision to postpone the delivery of the next Sphere Class ship, Star Princess. Following a comprehensive review of the remaining construction milestones, both parties have elected to adjust the ship's delivery date from July 29, 2025 to September 26, 2025, which will result in the cancellation of the nine...

Latest News...Seabourn announced this week that the Wunambal Gaambera Traditional Owners as godparents of Seabourn Pursuit, the line's newest ultra-luxury, purpose-built expedition ship. >Seabourn is the first cruise line to appoint Traditional Owners as godparents of a ship. The naming of Wunambal Gaambera Traditional Owners as godparents of Seabourn Pursuit serves as a symbolic gesture...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Mid-Ships Lounge   » Where is everybody??

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where is everybody??
Frosty 4
First Class Passenger
Member # 5826

posted 04-12-2016 10:16 AM      Profile for Frosty 4   Email Frosty 4   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A while back I couldn't get back on Cruise Talk. Emails to Joe didn't seem to work. Finally Pam got me back on.
I wonder if Barry,Ernst and other regulars have the same problem?
??? Where are you guys??
Frosty 4

Posts: 2531 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
rem-dk
First Class Passenger
Member # 5121

posted 04-13-2016 03:55 AM      Profile for rem-dk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still have this problem. It only Works from my iPhone when I am out of House. Best regards Rene
Posts: 268 | From: Fredensborg Denmark | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 04-13-2016 08:30 AM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rem-dk:
I still have this problem. It only Works from my iPhone when I am out of House. Best regards Rene

Rene, is there any way you can tell me what the IP address is for your home computer? I have removed all the blocks and want to make sure you can get through.

Joe

Posts: 29976 | From: Great Falls, Virginia | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
rem-dk
First Class Passenger
Member # 5121

posted 04-13-2016 08:36 AM      Profile for rem-dk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I Can write the IP here if You Think it is an idea.
joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 04-13-2016 07:05 PM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I Can write the IP here if You Think it is an idea.

Yes, please I will delete as soon as I see it.

Posts: 29976 | From: Great Falls, Virginia | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
rem-dk
First Class Passenger
Member # 5121

posted 04-14-2016 02:55 AM      Profile for rem-dk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here it comes Joe. Best regards Rene

[ 04-17-2016: Message edited by: rem-dk ]

joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 04-15-2016 12:47 PM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Here it comes Joe. 188.177.110.207. Best regards Rene

Rene,

You should be able to get in now. Let me know.

Joe

rem-dk
First Class Passenger
Member # 5121

posted 04-15-2016 02:20 PM      Profile for rem-dk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank You very much Joe, it looks like I am in now.
I wonder just like Frosty 4 how many others who has been blocked like us. It seems a bit quiet in here.
I am very happy not to be blocked.

Best regards
René

Globaliser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4153

posted 04-25-2016 02:52 AM      Profile for Globaliser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wonder just like Frosty 4 how many others who has been blocked like us. It seems a bit quiet in here.
I'm still sometimes blocked and sometimes not blocked. It seems to depend on what IP address I'm allocated on a specific day, but it's a random selection out of millions so I can't easily ask Joe for a particular IP address to be unblocked.

Sadly, I suspect that there's just not enough people here any more to make the critical mass that's necessary for continuing discussion. If I can only sometimes get on to the site from one location (home) but not at all from the other (work), and then whenever I get on I find that nobody else has really been here or said anything, the incentive to make the effort to come again pretty much vanishes.

Posts: 1869 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
jeremya
First Class Passenger
Member # 5699

posted 04-25-2016 04:10 AM      Profile for jeremya   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This forum became one big pissing contest between those who think they know everything and those who are sadly mistaken.

It is no wonder nobody comes here any more, blocking IP or not, who wants to deal with assholes and attitudes from folks with huge egos and nothing to loose in being an asshole.

That is the truth.

All this vitriol denigrated this site, and sent it into the crapper.

Why bother starting discussion when someone is going to come along and hijack thread after thread with his ego opinions ans superiority.

Sad but true.

Posts: 377 | From: montreal | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Frosty 4
First Class Passenger
Member # 5826

posted 04-25-2016 09:44 AM      Profile for Frosty 4   Email Frosty 4   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One can easily ignore that kind of behavior.
Too bad but it happens everywhere.
We live in a "ME" world ,a lot of people live this way. A lot has to do with the overwrought freedoms now in place.
This site had rules about what one could post , I'm sure Joe doesn't what to be a policeman or sensor.
Maybe these rules should be put out periodicly as a reminder that we want a "Clean Ship" here.
Post about your cruise experience and helpful tips for having a great trip. I try to tell what was good and maybe not so good,so others may benefit.
The live traffic shows a lot of people check this site. They just are not posters.
Frosty 4

Posts: 2531 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 04-25-2016 09:39 PM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's what's so frustrating. We still get a lot of visitors who read the old posts but do not bother to sign up. In a given day we regularly get over a 1000 visitors.

I tried to take a "hands off" approach and only intervene when someone went beyond acceptable behavior but I guess I erred to the side of letting too many posts go by.

Based on the subject matter people are reading it looks like there should be an opportunity for engaging conversations.

If anyone is reading this and has a problem registering please email me directly at jkoshuta at travelserver.net

Thanks to all that still read and comment.

Joe

PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 04-28-2016 07:35 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is Malcolm's thread "S*x on a cruise Ship" [or similar] still the most read post?

Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 05-10-2016 10:39 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Is Malcolm's thread "S*x on a cruise Ship" [or similar] still the most read post?"

Hi Pam, I'd forgotten all about that one!

Still as they say, "sex sells".

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 05-10-2016 03:43 PM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just this little mention has produced a jump in views of the ever popular Best Place to Have Sex on a Ship

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.