- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Carnival Corporation today announced that 100% of its ships across the global fleet are equipped with Starlink's high-speed, low-latency global internet connectivity. The completed installation further enhances Carnival Corporation's onboard experience for its guests and crew to provide even faster service, greater capacity, and more reliable Wi-Fi on its fleet of 90-plus ships across its portfolio...

Latest News...Villa Vie Residences, a leading innovator in modern-day residential cruising, proudly announces the new Endless Horizons program, transforming the concept of retirement for adventurers who dream of traveling the world without the hassle of planning or ongoing expenses. With a one-time payment of $299,999 USD for single occupancy and $499,999 USD for double occupancy,...

Latest News...Setting sail today for her debut season from Southampton, Celebrity Cruises’ award-winning ship, Celebrity Apex, is turning heads as she becomes the first ship in the revolutionary Edge Series to call the United Kingdom home. Celebrity Apex will kick off her European season from Southampton with an eight-night Norwegian Fjords cruise. This serene sailing will visit idyllic locations...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Mid-Ships Lounge   » Cruisetalkers Meeting in Person (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Cruisetalkers Meeting in Person
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 03-08-2006 08:06 AM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ernst,

Are you in culture shock going to Tennesee from Vienna?

Miami is a short flight from Memphis, come to Sea Trade next week.

quote:
Originally posted by Ernst:
Just came back form a meeting with Nathan.
It might sound odd and has been repeated many times in this thread but it really is nice to meet a forum member in person. We will certainly repeat this in the near future - especially as we now both live in the same region.

Posts: 5727 | From: Philadelphia, Pa [home of the SS United States] | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 03-08-2006 08:33 AM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desirod7:
Ernst,

Are you in culture shock going to Tennesee from Vienna?

Miami is a short flight from Memphis, come to Sea Trade next week.

I am not in shock - it is nice here (though different than in Vienna..... ) - much better than expected.

Sadly I can not come to Sea Trade this year - but I try to come next year.

Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
steeplechase
First Class Passenger
Member # 4056

posted 03-08-2006 09:19 PM      Profile for steeplechase   Author's Homepage   Email steeplechase   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I liked Palau the best of all my stops.The diving was excellant!
Posts: 663 | From: elkton maryland | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
nathan
First Class Passenger
Member # 720

posted 03-09-2006 08:45 AM      Profile for nathan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I very much enjoyed meeting Ernst. Perhaps we can have a regional CT meeting sometime.
Posts: 534 | From: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Aug 99  |  IP: Logged
Linerrich
First Class Passenger
Member # 4864

posted 03-15-2006 03:12 PM      Profile for Linerrich   Email Linerrich   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Have just spent a few days this week at the SeaTrade Convention in Miami Beach, and lunch today with CruiseTalkers David "Desirod" and "Tim 'n Lauderdale." We've all met up before, but it's always great to get together and talk about ships and the cruise industry, especially in the SeaTrade environment.

Rich

Posts: 4210 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tim in Fort Lauderdale
First Class Passenger
Member # 953

posted 03-15-2006 10:53 PM      Profile for Tim in Fort Lauderdale     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Linerrich:
Have just spent a few days this week at the SeaTrade Convention in Miami Beach, and lunch today with CruiseTalkers David "Desirod" and "Tim 'n Lauderdale." We've all met up before, but it's always great to get together and talk about ships and the cruise industry, especially in the SeaTrade environment.

Rich

Rich - it was such a pleasure getting together with you and David today. As always, a bounty of great conversation, laughter, wit and observation. Great times all 'round!

Tim

Posts: 1468 | From: Fort Lauderdale, FL | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 03-16-2006 11:42 AM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
live from South Beach

Yes it was a great time. For me it was fantastic to hear the dialogue of 2 industry veterans that you will never get anywhere else. We had great fun exchanging stories and jokes.

looking forward to Sea Trade 2007

quote:
Originally posted by Tim in 'Lauderdale:

Rich - it was such a pleasure getting together with you and David today. As always, a bounty of great conversation, laughter, wit and observation. Great times all 'round!

Tim

Posts: 5727 | From: Philadelphia, Pa [home of the SS United States] | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 05-04-2006 06:44 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had the pleasure of a 2 hour phone conversation with Ernst the other night. We covered Vienna, Philadelphia, physics, acoustics, opera, ship design, existentialism, stoicism and cruises of course.

Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 05-04-2006 07:00 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was indeed great fun to have a chat by phone. Maybe we should take this a bit farther and work on a virtual CT meeting - there are many (free) teleconference tools available which allow several people to participate.
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 05-12-2006 05:54 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Had a house party last weekend. Cruisetalkers RobRoy; more lurkers had met me on CT. They live in Philly. Last year we met by coincidence at a social event. This cemented the friendship and they came to the party
Waynaro
First Class Passenger
Member # 3484

posted 07-08-2006 08:44 AM      Profile for Waynaro   Email Waynaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Today I had the pleasure to meet Andy (Gundam X) in Hong Kong for morning tea. We talked a bunch about ships and he shared with me photos and pamphlets of the local ships.

Wayne

Posts: 6108 | From: Vallejo,CA : California Maritime Academy!!! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 07-08-2006 04:12 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cunardcoll:
Any girl out there interested in a 22 year old good looking single guy ??

Why, do you know a good looking single guy then?

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Frosty 4
First Class Passenger
Member # 5826

posted 07-10-2006 10:09 AM      Profile for Frosty 4   Email Frosty 4   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We will be doing a Western Med cruise from 10/28-11/4 on the VOTS. Anyone going ?? I will be wearing an orange baseball cap with a fish skeleton on the front . It's pretty distinctive. We will be on deck 9(cabin). Hope to see one of you then.
Frosty 4

Posts: 2531 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAMBROSI
First Class Passenger
Member # 100

posted 07-10-2006 11:00 AM      Profile for DAMBROSI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd like to meet Linerich...have bought a couple of nice things from him on Ebay.....who knows, maybe I'll get that chance and he might have something from the SS NORWAY that I'd like to have.
Posts: 2554 | From: Florida, USA, Where the Legend SS NORWAY sailed from. Moving back to FL next yr. | Registered: May 99  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 07-10-2006 12:33 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DAMBROSI:
I'd like to meet Linerich...have bought a couple of nice things from him on Ebay.....who knows, maybe I'll get that chance and he might have something from the SS NORWAY that I'd like to have.

Deb,

Come to Sea Trade in March 2007 at the Miami Convention Center.

DAMBROSI
First Class Passenger
Member # 100

posted 07-10-2006 02:29 PM      Profile for DAMBROSI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I most certainly will I can't recall if my late husband had gone to one or not in the past. But, I know I'll come down the next time.
Posts: 2554 | From: Florida, USA, Where the Legend SS NORWAY sailed from. Moving back to FL next yr. | Registered: May 99  |  IP: Logged
Waynaro
First Class Passenger
Member # 3484

posted 09-14-2006 11:11 AM      Profile for Waynaro   Email Waynaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here at California Maritime Academy, I had the pleasure of meeting a fellow CT'er....Brandon Chapman (Captain_Brandon129).
Posts: 6108 | From: Vallejo,CA : California Maritime Academy!!! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 11-14-2006 06:24 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...better late than not at all - due to adverse circumstances during the last weeks (O.K. I forgot ) I had no opportunity to post in this thread that I had the pleasure to meet 'riverrat' Frank in Cincinnatti during the Tall Stacks festival 2006.

The festival was BTW great fun and I recommend it to anyone who is interested in ships. During the festival I not only had the opportunity to see many paddelwheelers but I also could undertake a short trip with the mighty Bell of Louisville and the Natchez before I finally left Cincinnatti aboard the amazing Delta Queen for a cruise to Chattanooga -> a lot of steamboats in a comparably short time. Very, very nice.

www.tallstacks.com

desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 11-14-2006 09:31 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Joe Koshuta,

Have you thought of having a booth at Sea Trade.

Maybe a cruisetalkers hospitality suite or a meetup at the Royalton

www.cruiseshipping.net

Frank X. Prudent
First Class Passenger
Member # 1723

posted 11-15-2006 12:53 AM      Profile for Frank X. Prudent   Email Frank X. Prudent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ernst:
... I had the pleasure to meet 'riverrat' Frank in Cincinnatti during the Tall Stacks festival 2006.

The festival was BTW great fun and I recommend it to anyone who is interested in ships. During the festival I not only had the opportunity to see many paddelwheelers but I also could undertake a short trip with the mighty Bell of Louisville and the Natchez before I finally left Cincinnatti aboard the amazing Delta Queen for a cruise to Chattanooga -> a lot of steamboats in a comparably short time. Very, very nice.

www.tallstacks.com

I think that the pleasure was all mine!

Hopefully there will be another Tall Stacks in three or four years and the other Cruise Talkers can experience the thrill of all those boats in one place at the same time. It was pretty heady stuff.

Posts: 577 | From: Covington, Kentucky, U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 11-24-2006 04:34 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ernie Roller, myself and my partner met at the Bowman's Tavern in New Hope just before TG day.
We have met several times before.

We had a great time and convo on cruising, travel, music, to a lovely live piano player, and a whole lot of other things.

Frosty 4
First Class Passenger
Member # 5826

posted 11-24-2006 05:46 PM      Profile for Frosty 4   Email Frosty 4   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I might be nice to see pictures of our CTs.
I did see a few here but it might be almost as good as a formal meeting. My pix is in the photos from our Mille cruise last Feb. (with the penquins).
Frosty 4

Posts: 2531 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 03-16-2007 08:01 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had the pleasure of meeting Gerry on the Sea Trade show floor. Linerrich was with me and we had great conversations. It was a pleasure to be with Tim in 'Lauderdale at the Oceania press conference and at dinner. This is becoming a sea trade ritual.

Barryboat, you walked by but I was in conversation with a client and unable to say hello.

desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 08-18-2007 09:42 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Live from Vancouver

Just spent an afternoon with Jekyl. He, my partner and myself had a wonderful lunch at Sequoia in Stanley Park and later walked about the nieghborhoods.

He showed us things only a native would know about that we could not find on our own.

We stopped by the cruise ship terminal and got a good look at the Diamond Princess; I do like the jet engines on the funnel. The Zuiderdam was in the next berth over and noted how much sharper the bow is than the Diamond Princess.

Jekyll
First Class Passenger
Member # 1878

posted 08-19-2007 03:47 PM      Profile for Jekyll   Email Jekyll   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey David - thanks for the comments...it was nice to finally meet you after our failed attempt in Bayonne a couple of years ago. An afternoon w/ the "Double D's" was very fun!

I am sure you must have had to use your raingear for the downpour we had this morning - but it is nice and sunny now!

Great time to visit Granville Island.

I really had a fab time yesterday - i just realized we never got a picture of the 3 of us!?!?! Have to arrnage a cruise for that one

Posts: 1524 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.