- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...She's the next in a fine line for Cunard, and today (April 19), Queen Anne officially joined the luxury cruise line's iconic fleet during a historic handover ceremony in Italy. Cunard took ownership of their stunning 3,000-guest ship during a traditional handover ceremony at the Fincantieri Marghera shipyard in Venice – where master shipbuilders have been constructing the...

Latest News...Princess Cruises and ship builder Fincantieri today announced the mutual decision to postpone the delivery of the next Sphere Class ship, Star Princess. Following a comprehensive review of the remaining construction milestones, both parties have elected to adjust the ship's delivery date from July 29, 2025 to September 26, 2025, which will result in the cancellation of the nine...

Latest News...Seabourn announced this week that the Wunambal Gaambera Traditional Owners as godparents of Seabourn Pursuit, the line's newest ultra-luxury, purpose-built expedition ship. >Seabourn is the first cruise line to appoint Traditional Owners as godparents of a ship. The naming of Wunambal Gaambera Traditional Owners as godparents of Seabourn Pursuit serves as a symbolic gesture...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Oasis delivered (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Oasis delivered
AKer builder
First Class Passenger
Member # 6412

posted 10-28-2009 10:55 AM      Profile for AKer builder   Email AKer builder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oasis Of The Seas is delivered today and the ship leaves tomorrow. All the crew and workers who sailing with the ship has to be on onboard at laytest 21.00 tomorrow.
Some good news for britts, seems like oasis is going to visit england after all. It is still unknown when and where (probably Southampton), but we are going to find out in few days.

Posts: 256 | From: Turku | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 10-28-2009 12:50 PM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oasis of the Seas in Southampton would be very cool!!!! CT has some excellent member photographers there. I am sure they would love the chance! A great PR move for Royal Caribbean indeed.
Posts: 5650 | From: Clarksburg WV | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cunard Fan
First Class Passenger
Member # 7530

posted 10-28-2009 01:16 PM      Profile for Cunard Fan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Its an exciting day!
Posts: 2327 | From: Pasadena just north of Queen Mary | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
cruiseshipluver
First Class Passenger
Member # 5104

posted 10-28-2009 02:38 PM      Profile for cruiseshipluver   Author's Homepage   Email cruiseshipluver   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I found one or two new pics of Oasis' interior...

HERE

cruiseshipluver

Posts: 1797 | From: Barbados--cruiseship capital of the Southern Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Atlcruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4586

posted 10-28-2009 02:54 PM      Profile for Atlcruiser   Email Atlcruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Akerbuilder, was there ever a final answer as to if the helipad on this ship will be open for passengers to use like the Voyager and Freedom class ships?
Posts: 916 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
DEIx15x8
First Class Passenger
Member # 14958

posted 10-28-2009 04:57 PM      Profile for DEIx15x8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AKer builder:
Oasis Of The Seas is delivered today and the ship leaves tomorrow. All the crew and workers who sailing with the ship has to be on onboard at laytest 21.00 tomorrow.
Some good news for britts, seems like oasis is going to visit england after all. It is still unknown when and where (probably Southampton), but we are going to find out in few days.

Thank for the great picture and secret info. Do you know what that code is on the roof? "IMO 9383936"

Posts: 521 | From: Kutztown, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
DEIx15x8
First Class Passenger
Member # 14958

posted 10-28-2009 05:09 PM      Profile for DEIx15x8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atlcruiser:
Akerbuilder, was there ever a final answer as to if the helipad on this ship will be open for passengers to use like the Voyager and Freedom class ships?

The helipad is going to be for crew use only.

Posts: 521 | From: Kutztown, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
GregD
First Class Passenger
Member # 4176

posted 10-28-2009 05:18 PM      Profile for GregD   Author's Homepage   Email GregD   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DEIx15x8:

Thank for the great picture and secret info. Do you know what that code is on the roof? "IMO 9383936"

IMO is the International Maritime Organization, part of the UN. They are the world wide 'administrator'(for lack of a better word) of ships. They are also responsible fir implementing solas. The number is the Oasis's unique identifier. No two ships have the same number, as ships can have the same name.
Hope this helps.

Posts: 548 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cunard Fan
First Class Passenger
Member # 7530

posted 10-28-2009 05:39 PM      Profile for Cunard Fan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
New video HERE!!!
Posts: 2327 | From: Pasadena just north of Queen Mary | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 10-28-2009 07:35 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WOW! I am just so in awe of everything I have been seeing recently about OASIS. The video, new pics, and the latest video of the art work onboard at www.oasisoftheseas.com

I can't wait to spend a week on this amazing ship!!!

As I mentioned before, I haven't been this excited about a new ship since QM2 and VOYAGER OF THE SEAS before her.

Bravo RCI!!

Ernie

Posts: 7046 | From: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
GregD
First Class Passenger
Member # 4176

posted 10-28-2009 08:49 PM      Profile for GregD   Author's Homepage   Email GregD   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by eroller:

As I mentioned before, I haven't been this excited about a new ship since QM2 and VOYAGER OF THE SEAS before her.

Bravo RCI!!

Ernie

Well with the Freedom OTS we knew what we were getting. I mean there is only so much hype you can put behind the FlowRider.

[ 10-28-2009: Message edited by: GregD ]

eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 10-28-2009 09:11 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GregD:

Well with the Freedom OTS we knew what we were getting. I mean there is only so much hype you can put behind the FlowRider.

Exactly. FREEDOM OTS is a great ship, but it's really just a jumbo version of VOTS but with more bells and whistles.

VOYAGER OF THE SEAS and QM2 are truly iconic, ground breaking ships that set new standards in the cruise industry. I feel OASIS is part of that special club.

Ernie

Posts: 7046 | From: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cunard Fan
First Class Passenger
Member # 7530

posted 10-28-2009 09:21 PM      Profile for Cunard Fan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by eroller:

Exactly. FREEDOM OTS is a great ship, but it's really just a jumbo version of VOTS but with more bells and whistles.

VOYAGER OF THE SEAS and QM2 are truly iconic, ground breaking ships that set new standards in the cruise industry. I feel OASIS is part of that special club.

Ernie

I agree! Even the Solstice didn't have me this excited!

Carlos Fernandez
First Class Passenger
Member # 6432

posted 10-28-2009 11:16 PM      Profile for Carlos Fernandez   Author's Homepage   Email Carlos Fernandez   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale on the 11th to receive her and cannot wait, just 13 more days and thank god it's a legal holiday and the University is closed.

I've posted some new pictures from STX on my web site's Flickr account and will post more soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcigenesis/

Posts: 1325 | From: Miami, Florida (Cruise Capital of the World) | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cam J
First Class Passenger
Member # 24617

posted 10-28-2009 11:55 PM      Profile for Cam J   Email Cam J   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Where have you been Carlos? Haven't seen you here in a while?

I like the dining room. I just dont like the fact that there is just one to pile the guests in. I would have prefered 2 or 3. Imagine the noise in there.

Cam J

Posts: 503 | From: Belvedere, CA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged
mike sa
First Class Passenger
Member # 5957

posted 10-29-2009 10:02 AM      Profile for mike sa   Author's Homepage   Email mike sa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well RCI should be well pleased with what is an engineering marvel.

I suspect however that they are NOT too pleased with the fact that there are plenty of unsold cabins even for the christening and inaugral/maiden cruises. Hopefully all the extra publicity once she gets to the US will help. One has to be a little concerned, they are charging a hefty premium over the rest of the fleet but then they need to - she cost $1 billion at rates that were not that advantageous, they need that premium so she can start paying back some of that cash.

I think this is the first true resort (rather than cruise) ship and wish her the very best.

Posts: 2272 | From: Durban, South Africa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Atlcruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4586

posted 10-29-2009 10:43 AM      Profile for Atlcruiser   Email Atlcruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When the Freedom entered service, RCI only sold 75% of the cabins for the first six weeks to give time for the crew to get the kinks worked out. I wouldn't be surprised if RCI does the same thing with Oasis. If the extra cabins sell then fine but if not then they go with what is booked. The prices are not going down at all for the December sailings and one would think by now that they would start the downward spiral if they were trying to fill the ship. I guess we shall see within the next few weeks. I also think that the holiday's have something to do with it. I know that we were booked on the 12/05 cruise and decided to change it to mid January due to the time being so close to Christmas and to let RCI get the kinks worked out.
Posts: 916 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
GregD
First Class Passenger
Member # 4176

posted 10-29-2009 10:58 AM      Profile for GregD   Author's Homepage   Email GregD   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I Didn't see this posed anywhere else, but it appears that Oasis will call in Southampton on Monday November 2nd. This call is being labeled as a 'technical stop.' It reportedly will be only for several hours.
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 10-29-2009 01:27 PM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GregD:
I Didn't see this posed anywhere else, but it appears that Oasis will call in Southampton on Monday November 2nd. This call is being labeled as a 'technical stop.' It reportedly will be only for several hours.

I certainly hope all of our CT friends in the Southampton area can make it over to see her then. Looks like ARCADIA is the only other cruise ship scheduled in port that day.

Posts: 5650 | From: Clarksburg WV | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 10-29-2009 01:50 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am sure half the country of ship spotters would be there if RCI told people a rough time. It seems odd to sail all the way up Southampton Water just to disembark remaining workers aboard - they should make some publicity effort over it.

Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 10-29-2009 02:10 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PamM:
I am sure half the country of ship spotters would be there if RCI told people a rough time.

Only half?

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
OceanVoyager
First Class Passenger
Member # 5585

posted 10-29-2009 04:10 PM      Profile for OceanVoyager   Email OceanVoyager   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The vessel will anchor in the Solent and not come up into Southampton itself.
The reason is to discharge 300 people who have been working on the vessel.
She will only be at the anchorage - time still tba - for a couple of hours max.

Brgds,
Andrew

Posts: 627 | From: Hythe, Southampton, UK | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
nycruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 960

posted 10-29-2009 04:13 PM      Profile for nycruiser   Email nycruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cam J:
Where have you been Carlos? Haven't seen you here in a while?

I like the dining room. I just dont like the fact that there is just one to pile the guests in. I would have prefered 2 or 3. Imagine the noise in there.

Cam J

From my experience sailing on the Explorer (that is the only Voyager/freedom class I have sailed on which has a 3 story dining room) I thought the noise level was fine, and I was seated near one of the balconies.

This dining room kind of reminds me of QM2's a bit.

This ship looks amazing....I have to sail on her!

Posts: 665 | From: Westchester County, NY | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 10-29-2009 04:28 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OceanVoyager:
The vessel will anchor in the Solent and not come up into Southampton itself.

That makes far more sense, so she is not coming to Southampton. Neither will people be able to see her from Mayflower Park, Hythe etc as advised elsewhere, where they also refer to "Southampton Solent" wherever that may be

One perhaps could say she is calling at Portsmouth

Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
OceanVoyager
First Class Passenger
Member # 5585

posted 10-29-2009 04:51 PM      Profile for OceanVoyager   Email OceanVoyager   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PamM:

That makes far more sense, so she is not coming to Southampton.
Pam

Indeed, I expect a Blue Funnel vessel will be chartered, and probably take them to Gunwharf as that will be the nearest place to go to.
Unless of course they are flying from the Airport, in which case they may come up to Ocean Village.

Still an "own goal" by RCCL in the PR stakes, as to come up with the Fire Tugs would certainly be a good advert for them.

Brgds,
Andrew

Posts: 627 | From: Hythe, Southampton, UK | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.