- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Cunard’s newest ship Queen Anne set sail for her homeport of Southampton after officially joining the luxury cruise line’s iconic fleet. Cunard took ownership of their stunning 3,000-guest ship during a traditional handover ceremony at the Fincantieri Marghera shipyard in Venice on Friday (19 April). Crowds joined together at the Fincantieri Marghera shipyard to wave an emotional goodbye...

Latest News...Carnival Cruise Line solidified its position as the leading cruise line in California on Wednesday as it christened its newest ship, Carnival Firenze, at its new home, the Long Beach Cruise Terminal. Hollywood actor Jonathan Bennett served as the ship's godfather, and he and Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy celebrated all things Italian with the help...

Latest News...Royal Caribbean Group last week reported first quarter Earnings per Share ("EPS") of $1.35 and Adjusted EPS of $1.77. These results were better than the company's guidance due to stronger pricing on close-in demand, strength in onboard revenue and favorable timing of expenses. As a result of an exceptional WAVE season and continued strength in demand, Royal Caribbean Group said that it is...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Images of QV departing on sea trials (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Images of QV departing on sea trials
lasuvidaboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4527

posted 08-28-2007 01:31 PM      Profile for lasuvidaboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Images of the latest Cunarder are at www.tinyurl.com/ysfl2b

[ 08-28-2007: Message edited by: joe at travelpage ]

Posts: 7654 | From: Hollywood Hills/L.A. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cunard Fan
First Class Passenger
Member # 7530

posted 08-28-2007 01:41 PM      Profile for Cunard Fan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know a lot of people don't like the looks of the Vista class but I think she looks really good in those pictures! Thanks for the link!
Posts: 2327 | From: Pasadena just north of Queen Mary | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Carlos Fernandez
First Class Passenger
Member # 6432

posted 08-28-2007 02:12 PM      Profile for Carlos Fernandez   Author's Homepage   Email Carlos Fernandez   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, she does look nice, you can tell she is a Vista but she really looks much nicer than what I thought, thanks.

Can't wait to see her with QE2 next January at Ft. Lauderdale.

Posts: 1325 | From: Miami, Florida (Cruise Capital of the World) | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
linerguy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4289

posted 08-28-2007 02:50 PM      Profile for linerguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tremendous!

I think she looks just fine.

-Russ

Posts: 1486 | From: Bright, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Waynaro
First Class Passenger
Member # 3484

posted 08-28-2007 02:54 PM      Profile for Waynaro   Email Waynaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She is obviously a Vista, but there seem to be a different look on her. She is looking good!
Posts: 6108 | From: Vallejo,CA : California Maritime Academy!!! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
lasuvidaboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4527

posted 08-28-2007 03:05 PM      Profile for lasuvidaboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Waynaro:
She is obviously a Vista, but there seem to be a different look on her. She is looking good!

Now Cunard can take some of the 'Cunard Red' paint used on her funnel and apply it to QM2s crimson-red stack!

cruiseshipluver
First Class Passenger
Member # 5104

posted 08-28-2007 03:09 PM      Profile for cruiseshipluver   Author's Homepage   Email cruiseshipluver   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WOW, QV is stunning, especially with the observation platform. She is definitely the best look Vista out there and by the time she recieve all her other cosmetic additions after trials, she is going to be really good!
cruiseshipluver

Posts: 1797 | From: Barbados--cruiseship capital of the Southern Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 08-28-2007 03:16 PM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I disgree. It is hideous and the Cunard colours make no difference. I cannot believe we in Southampton are going to have to put up with that ugliness for the next 40 years. Makes Arcadia look attractive and that's hideous as well.
Posts: 2023 | From: Hythe, Hants | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 08-28-2007 03:25 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nice pictures - I think she actually looks much better than QM2. (so, now everyone is confused )
Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Thad
First Class Passenger
Member # 1224

posted 08-28-2007 03:51 PM      Profile for Thad   Email Thad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patsy:
I disgree. It is hideous and the Cunard colours make no difference. I cannot believe we in Southampton are going to have to put up with that ugliness for the next 40 years. Makes Arcadia look attractive and that's hideous as well.

Interesting. I did not think anyone would be so vehemently against the appearence of this ship. I actually find her pretty attractive for a new build. Patsy, I wonder if there are any new builds that you find attractive besides the QM2? Maybe some of the RCI ships that have recently come out? I look forward to seeing the QV in NYC with the QE2 and QM2 in January.

Thad

Posts: 1967 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 08-28-2007 03:52 PM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found it a bit of hypocrite first everybody dislike the Vista's suddenly Cunard have one and it's marvelous come on she is just a painted stretched up Vista as Eurodam would be. Nice vessels (all of theme) but nothing more.

Greetings Ben.

[ 08-28-2007: Message edited by: Maasdam ]

Posts: 4695 | From: Rotterdam home of the tss. Rotterdam. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Johan
First Class Passenger
Member # 4458

posted 08-28-2007 04:02 PM      Profile for Johan   Email Johan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know either.

The Cunard livery suits the ship very well.
I'm still a bit sorry about all those balconies, aft, instead of proper terraced decks, but, hey, these are these times....!

Inside, we don't know, but, what I have seen, it is not really what I like.

On the other hand, QV has to grow. "Cunard" alone is not enough, QE2 and QM2 are special ships. I'm glad to have sailed on the QE2, and wish to experience the QM2 (but I still have some time I hope)... The draw to experience QV is less, such as was the draw to possibly sail on Caronia, ...(which I didn't) Other ships have preference, also pricewise, ofcourse.

There has been a lot of talk about "luxury", "class", "(inverted) snobbery, real liners vs clones, "dress codee on this boards, but somehow we shouldn't forget that cruising still has to be paid, and that not every one can pay for the "luxury" class.

One of the major points, if not the greatest copernican revolution since 1920's repeal of the US Immigration laws, has been the democratisation of passenger shipping. We can lament (but should we really) the old times, but they were good only for a very few people. Enjoying a great ship on the high sea is accessible to many, and let's te fair, even the" mass market" ships are fine, and surely a lot better than many passenger ships, be it liners or cruisers of yore.

Many of these golden memories are tinted by nostalgia, nostaliga also to a time people themselves were young and hopefull.

I see QV in the order as the second Mauretania, or the Caronia, and agree with Ernst that Cunard couild be in its marketing also a bit more carefull.

Sorry for this too long post, it is difficult to say it all in English, but these thoughts had to be aired, after reading so many laments those last times here.

J

Posts: 1895 | From: Antwerpen, Belgium | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
linerguy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4289

posted 08-28-2007 04:02 PM      Profile for linerguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I disgree. It is hideous and the Cunard colours make no difference. I cannot believe we in Southampton are going to have to put up with that ugliness for the next 40 years. Makes Arcadia look attractive and that's hideous as well."

What tripe,...

Here's a solution: Don't look at her when she's there (but you know you will).

linerguy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4289

posted 08-28-2007 04:07 PM      Profile for linerguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Johan:

Very nice post with some great points.

-Russ

Cambodge
First Class Passenger
Member # 906

posted 08-28-2007 05:24 PM      Profile for Cambodge   Email Cambodge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I disgree. It is hideous and the Cunard colours make no difference. I cannot believe we in Southampton are going to have to put up with that ugliness for the next 40 years. Makes Arcadia look attractive and that's hideous as well

Patsy...............pity!

[ 08-28-2007: Message edited by: Cambodge ]

Posts: 2149 | From: St. Michaels MD USA , the town that fooled the British! | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
buddhaJoe
First Class Passenger
Member # 4356

posted 08-28-2007 05:30 PM      Profile for buddhaJoe   Email buddhaJoe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hello there,

Ben wrote:I found it a bit of hypocrite first everybody dislike the Vista's suddenly Cunard have one and it's marvelous come on she is just a painted stretched up Vista as Eurodam would be. Nice vessels (all of theme) but nothing more.

I agree, but for some people truth is when it's got the name Cunard on it's bow and a red painted stack it's all a bit more special

for some other's this will apply with Arcadia for P & O and Eurodam for HAL

in the end the Vista class is not too bad, but still a shoebox compared to the past

best regards
b. Joe

Posts: 366 | From: De Goorn, small village in The Netherlands | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
reeves35
First Class Passenger
Member # 6021

posted 08-28-2007 06:24 PM      Profile for reeves35   Email reeves35   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
It is hideous and the Cunard colours make no difference. I cannot believe we in Southampton are going to have to put up with that ugliness for the next 40 years. Makes Arcadia look attractive and that's hideous as well.

mmm. I wonder if Patsy is trying to wind us up!?!?

quote:
in the end the Vista class is not too bad, but still a shoebox compared to the past

but Cunard are running a business and if they built another classic, shipspotters would swoon and the passengers would stay away in droves and migrate to a line that offered the features they want.

Brad

Posts: 343 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
KenC
First Class Passenger
Member # 6341

posted 08-28-2007 06:34 PM      Profile for KenC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patsy:

You could always put a bag over your head

... or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick again

Posts: 353 | From: Brighton, UK | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 08-28-2007 06:49 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Personally I like the look of the Spirit's and Vista's, but they are a dime a dozen now. QV looks fine for what she is, a cruise ship. I have always liked the look of the Spirit's over the Vista's and since QV looks more like a Spirit, I prefer her looks. My favorite funnel on these ships is still the Carnival funnel. Bottom line, QV really doesn't look much different than the Vista's and Spirit's we have already seen.

Ernie

Posts: 7046 | From: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
lasuvidaboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4527

posted 08-28-2007 07:02 PM      Profile for lasuvidaboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by reeves35:

but Cunard are running a business and if they built another classic, shipspotters would swoon and the passengers would stay away in droves and migrate to a line that offered the features they want.

Brad

They could always have copied (more or less) Disney Wonder/Magic and painted it in Cunard livery which would be stunning. I think that would have pleased quite a few shipspotters as well as the average passenger but Since Disney owns the design of those beauties we will have to make due w/a modified Vista. On the plus side there is a new Cunarder on the high seas!

Thad
First Class Passenger
Member # 1224

posted 08-28-2007 07:40 PM      Profile for Thad   Email Thad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are a few interesting shots of her on the previous page

obviously a few months ago..

Looking ready for the trials

With sister Eurodam in the distance

I find the glass on the top observation decks interesting. The supports for the glazing seem to extend much forther than the glazing, and in some instances angle out in an intriguing way..

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 08-28-2007 08:34 PM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In this one incidence, in the case of this one ship, if she had been named anything else other than Queen Victoria would our eyes look at her less critical? If she had been named after one of Cunard's previous ships (MS Mauretania or MS Aquitania) would we demand less of her or hold her to a lesser standard?

A rose by any other name? If you close your eyes, think the name Mauretania, then open them looking at this picture, does your opinion of her change?

Posts: 5650 | From: Clarksburg WV | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 08-28-2007 09:21 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dmwnc1:
In this one incidence, in the case of this one ship, if she had been named anything else other than Queen Victoria would our eyes look at her less critical? If she had been named after one of Cunard's previous ships (MS Mauretania or MS Aquitania) would we demand less of her or hold her to a lesser standard?

[/IMG]

Why not be critical? Cunard did this to themselves, touting their "Ocean Liner" heritage and promoting QV as an "ocean liner". Why should anyone expect anything less than another QM2 or QE2? We absolutely have a right to be critical and we are only holding Cunard to the standard they promote themselves as.

Ernie

Posts: 7046 | From: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
BigUFan
First Class Passenger
Member # 1382

posted 08-28-2007 09:47 PM      Profile for BigUFan   Author's Homepage   Email BigUFan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She looks very nice, but.....registered in Nassau? Come on, she's a Cunard Queen. Samuel Cunard must be rolling over in his grave.
Posts: 904 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Thad
First Class Passenger
Member # 1224

posted 08-28-2007 10:09 PM      Profile for Thad   Email Thad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She is only registered in Nassau while under construction. Once completed, she will be registered in Southampton as a Cunard Queen should be...

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.