- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Cunard’s newest ship Queen Anne set sail for her homeport of Southampton after officially joining the luxury cruise line’s iconic fleet. Cunard took ownership of their stunning 3,000-guest ship during a traditional handover ceremony at the Fincantieri Marghera shipyard in Venice on Friday (19 April). Crowds joined together at the Fincantieri Marghera shipyard to wave an emotional goodbye...

Latest News...Carnival Cruise Line solidified its position as the leading cruise line in California on Wednesday as it christened its newest ship, Carnival Firenze, at its new home, the Long Beach Cruise Terminal. Hollywood actor Jonathan Bennett served as the ship's godfather, and he and Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy celebrated all things Italian with the help...

Latest News...Royal Caribbean Group last week reported first quarter Earnings per Share ("EPS") of $1.35 and Adjusted EPS of $1.77. These results were better than the company's guidance due to stronger pricing on close-in demand, strength in onboard revenue and favorable timing of expenses. As a result of an exceptional WAVE season and continued strength in demand, Royal Caribbean Group said that it is...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » MSC LIRICA

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MSC LIRICA
RobHolland
First Class Passenger
Member # 3779

posted 04-18-2003 12:03 PM      Profile for RobHolland   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cruisefriends,

As I am going to cruise with MSC LIRICA sunday next week, I'm trying to find some interior pictures of this ship. But even the official MSC-site doesn't offer anything more than technical spec's... So. I hope that anyone of you (maybe ItalianCruiser ?) Maybe you know some links? Please post them.

When I'm back home I will make my own gallery in the photopage on this site. Ciao!

Posts: 762 | From: ms Rotterdam | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 04-18-2003 12:50 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lucky you! I really want to try MSC and the LIRICA. Here is a link to some photos of her interiors. I think she looks smart, if not classy. Some of her interiors are done by the same firm that is responsible for parts of Celebrity ships. I think it shows.

Have a great time and please give a full report when you return.

Best,
Ernie

LIRICA Photos - Click here

Posts: 7046 | From: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 04-18-2003 12:52 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Forgot to mention... there are three pages of photos on that link, so don't forget to click on page 2 and page 3.

Also, notice the snazzy deck chairs. Very Italian and each one even has a head shade.

Ernie

Waynaro
First Class Passenger
Member # 3484

posted 04-19-2003 02:43 AM      Profile for Waynaro   Email Waynaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
VEry nice link Ernie! She looks alot better than Festival's Vision-class ships. I like her interiors too!
Posts: 6108 | From: Vallejo,CA : California Maritime Academy!!! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
RobHolland
First Class Passenger
Member # 3779

posted 04-19-2003 02:50 AM      Profile for RobHolland   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ERNIE!

Thank you so much for your reaction!
Me and my family liked it very much to see what's waiting for us Really great.
The deckchairs are very Italian indeed, I saw them on Costa Riviera, Melody and Rhapsody but never on any other ship. Thanks again and my best regards!!

Rob

Onno
First Class Passenger
Member # 3071

posted 04-19-2003 10:42 AM      Profile for Onno   Author's Homepage   Email Onno   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RobHolland:

Nice pictures she looks like a nice ship not to extravagant or something. Her funnel reminds me of a funnel from some other ship but I can’t remember which exact ship.

Rob ik wens je veel plezier samen met je familie!

Best, Onno

Posts: 3583 | From: the Netherlands (Berenbotje ging uit varen...) | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
RobHolland
First Class Passenger
Member # 3779

posted 04-19-2003 11:12 AM      Profile for RobHolland   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Onno dankjewel! Zoals ik al eerder had laten weten zal ik bij terugkomst een mooi verslag op deze site posten. We vertrekken volgende week zondag en kijken er reikhalzend naar uit!
Hartelijke groeten,

Rob

Rob

CGT
First Class Passenger
Member # 3531

posted 04-19-2003 11:34 AM      Profile for CGT        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
eroller: Who is the design firm responsible for the interior of the Celebrity M-Class ships?

CGT

Posts: 2760 | From: New York, New York, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 04-19-2003 02:33 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are actually several design firms involved with the Celebrity M-Class ships. I'm currently on the road.... or should I say in the air, but when I get back on Monday I'll let you know who they are.

Ernie

RobHolland
First Class Passenger
Member # 3779

posted 04-20-2003 02:05 AM      Profile for RobHolland   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The upcoming Costa Fortuna is being build in Genua, close to the cruise terminals, so I will try to take a look at her as well. Will her interior be done by Farcus?And will she be based in the Carribean or spend the summer in the Med? Any pictures of her on the web?
Italian Cruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 1684

posted 04-20-2003 01:12 PM      Profile for Italian Cruiser   Email Italian Cruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
ERNIE!

Thank you so much for your reaction!
The deckchairs are very Italian indeed, I saw them on Costa Riviera, Melody and Rhapsody but never on any other ship. Thanks again and my best regards!!

Rob

I hope you will have a wonderful cruise on the Msc Lirica. Never tried that company because I prefer the lifestyle of Costa. Just a precisation: the Costa Riviera never had that type of deckchairs. This is a typical feature of Msc and of the beaches on the Adriatic riviera...

Posts: 887 | From: Orvieto (Italy) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Italian Cruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 1684

posted 04-20-2003 01:15 PM      Profile for Italian Cruiser   Email Italian Cruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
The upcoming Costa Fortuna is being build in Genua, close to the cruise terminals, so I will try to take a look at her as well. Will her interior be done by Farcus?And will she be based in the Carribean or spend the summer in the Med? Any pictures of her on the web?

The interiors of the Costa Fortuna were designed by Farcus. The theme of the ship is the greek mythology. The ship will be based in the Mediterranean during the summer, in the Caribbean in the winter months. Costa hasn't yet revealed much of the interiors of the ship.

Posts: 887 | From: Orvieto (Italy) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
RobHolland
First Class Passenger
Member # 3779

posted 04-20-2003 02:04 PM      Profile for RobHolland   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you Italian Cruiser for your response
RobHolland
First Class Passenger
Member # 3779

posted 04-20-2003 02:12 PM      Profile for RobHolland   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ow Italiancruiser! after I read that message of you about the deckchairs I checked it in my photo album and I presume you're right, I had a picture of familymembers laying in that type of chair, but possibly it's taken onboard Rhapsody.... When I travelled with the Riviera it had white plastic chairs with yellow long cushions on it.

isn't that important information?!!?!?

And thank you very much wishing me a great time onboard Lirica. I must say I like Costa as well but I prefer the 'older' ships of them, especially Romantica/Classica and Victoria. As I mentioned before I love the Italian style and the newer Costa's miss that a bit..unfortunately.

Best regards!
Rob

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.