- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...She's the next in a fine line for Cunard, and today (April 19), Queen Anne officially joined the luxury cruise line's iconic fleet during a historic handover ceremony in Italy. Cunard took ownership of their stunning 3,000-guest ship during a traditional handover ceremony at the Fincantieri Marghera shipyard in Venice – where master shipbuilders have been constructing the...

Latest News...Princess Cruises and ship builder Fincantieri today announced the mutual decision to postpone the delivery of the next Sphere Class ship, Star Princess. Following a comprehensive review of the remaining construction milestones, both parties have elected to adjust the ship's delivery date from July 29, 2025 to September 26, 2025, which will result in the cancellation of the nine...

Latest News...Seabourn announced this week that the Wunambal Gaambera Traditional Owners as godparents of Seabourn Pursuit, the line's newest ultra-luxury, purpose-built expedition ship. >Seabourn is the first cruise line to appoint Traditional Owners as godparents of a ship. The naming of Wunambal Gaambera Traditional Owners as godparents of Seabourn Pursuit serves as a symbolic gesture...

More Cruise News...

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » World Trade Centre Tragedy (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: World Trade Centre Tragedy
fondaenergy
First Class Passenger
Member # 1641

posted 09-13-2001 12:08 PM      Profile for fondaenergy   Email fondaenergy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I am also an American. Tuesday was our second Pearl Harbor. Besides the carnage in NYC, DC and the plane crashes, there have been other terrorist activities going on. Some bad guys are running around the country now; these guys have nothing to lose.

I was watching TV last night. A daughter had called from the top of one of the towers to tell her family that she was o.k. That was before the collapse. Nothing after that. The father now watches TV 24 hours a day with his hand clutched on the phone.

This story is getting played out, thousands, if not millions of times in this country. I, personally, did not know if my brother was safe. He could have been in either NYC or the Pentagon. The feeling is terrible.

While it is unlikely that I will face a personal attack, I don't feel safe. I don't know how the "bad guys" are. I don't know if a bridge that I cross is safe. (It is alleged that a bridge was wired to be bombed.)

I do have a cruise booked in November. I'm going. I won't let the "bad guys" win.

Posts: 177 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Barryboat
First Class Passenger
Member # 33

posted 09-14-2001 12:05 AM      Profile for Barryboat   Author's Homepage   Email Barryboat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post

My God My God.....God Bless America...We need to pray...I have been reading the many posts on this thread where God is mentioned, and yet I have been condemned recently, and scoffed at, for speaking out about what God has to say about issues in the Bible. It takes a tragedy like we have seen in the last few days for people reach out to God, but why not reach out to God every day, even when there is no tragedy? I don't claim to have the answer as to why God has allowed this horrible event to occur, but historically, when people and nations are faced with tragedy, they most often reach out to God for answers and help. The sin nature in man is what caused this tragedy. I have been reading on these message boards that we must be tolerant of other's beliefs and lifestyles. Unfortunately and historically, America has become more and more tolerant towards sin. The "world" says that we are to be tolerant, but this is not what God says. We are to love people, but hate sin. Look at our history in America...The Ten Commandments were removed from our classrooms across America all in the name of tolerance, Prayer in schools has been abolished and made against the law, innocent babies are being killed every day and our government has just turned away and has become tolerant of the mass murders, Cities and states are trying to remove the national motto..."In God We Trust" from our money. America has been moving away from God and trying to remove God from this country. There are even coalitions that are trying to rewrite in the text books the history of America so that it doesn't reflect the FACT that this country was founded on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Biblical principles. Nearly ALL of the founders of this great nation were bible-believing, church-going Christians. The terminology..."separation of Church and State" has been mis-interpreted. God has been slowly removed and ignored by this country. America has become tolerant too long. God is a gentleman, and when a country decides to go it's own way without Him, He steps aside. I believe this horrible tragedy is an opportunity for Americans to regain their desire to draw closer to God. This tragedy is a wake-up call and God is right their waiting to comfort those who seek Him. Don't let it be too late for you. You never know when your life will end. Those people who boarded those planes never thought that their lives would end that day and hour. Every single person on earth will one day come face-to-face with Jesus....the question is...is God a part of your life? Those who know God in a personal way, will know for sure that they will go to heaven when they die, and that all their sin is forgiven. Is your sin forgiven?
My prayer for this nation:

Heavenly Father, please forgive us for not taking you seriously and be with us in this great time of loss within our country. Give us mercy and draw us closer to you. Oh Lord, please console the hearts and draw near to those who have lost a mother, a father, a son or daughter, a cousin, a friend, a husband or a wife. God I pray that you will bless this nation in it's time of sorrow. Give our President and Government officials wisdom as they make decisions to bring justice to those who have committed this terrible attack. I pray for each member of this fun message board, that you will touch their hearts, and draw them closer to you. In Jesus Name....amen.

For anyone on this board who does not know God in a personal way, and would like to know God....if you live in the USA here is a toll-free number you can call. You won't be signing up for a church or denomination, and you won't be put on a mailing list, there will be a live person for you to talk to with questions about how you can actually develop a relationship with the creator of the universe..God. That number is: (1-888-NEED HIM or 1-888-633-3446).

God bless you all, and God bless America!

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: Barryboat ]

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: joe at travelpage ]

Posts: 1851 | From: Bloomington, Minnesota (Home to the Mall of America) | Registered: Mar 99  |  IP: Logged
Papad
Just Boarded
Member # 2374

posted 09-14-2001 01:29 AM      Profile for Papad   Author's Homepage   Email Papad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Friday night at 7:00 P.M. step out your door, stop your car, or step out of your establishment and light a candle. We will show the world that Americans are strong and united together against terrorism. Please pass this on to everyone on your email list. We need to reach everyone across the United States quickly. The message - WE STAND UNITED - WE WILL NOT TOLERATE TERRORISM. We need press to cover this - we need the world to see. PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON.

Posts: 8 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colin
First Class Passenger
Member # 1676

posted 09-14-2001 04:47 AM      Profile for Colin   Email Colin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Jesse, Can you please tell me where you got that list as someone that I believed to be on the Washington plane is not on your list.

Please let this be good news and not a typo.

Posts: 283 | From: Inverness, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
scorpio
First Class Passenger
Member # 1245

posted 09-14-2001 04:54 AM      Profile for scorpio     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I have always had a high regard for Colin Powell, and note that he said “…we will hold accountable those countries that provide support … and facilities to these kinds of terrorist groups”. I hope he realises that the IRA receives much of its finances from fund-raising efforts in America, and I hope he is prepared to take appropriate action against those who provide this financial support for terrorist groups.
News just in states that one of the presumed fatalities in New York is a man who once organised a lunch on the top floor of the World Trade Centre to raise funds for Sinn Fein (the political wing of the IRA). Sinn Fein president, Gerry Adams said “I’m told by friends in New York that there is little hope of finding him alive”.
Every cloud has a silver lining.
My thoughts and hopes continue for all (except one) of those affected by the tragedy.

Posts: 92 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Amerikanis
First Class Passenger
Member # 1835

posted 09-14-2001 07:11 AM      Profile for Amerikanis   Email Amerikanis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Scorpio, Colin Powell should bomb the CIA!!!

CIA makes bin Laden and Taliban great, to fight in Afghanistan against the Russians.

It is the same with Saddam Hussein: Iran People hijacked the US Embassy, US Army try
to fight them (under Carter). They make mistakes and loose.

Then they have the Idea to give much Money and Weapons to Saddam Hussein, to fight Iran.

Hussein starts war, for 7 years with some Million killed Persons.

Later Iraq was poor and Hussein remembers, that Kuwait has a lot of Oil and Money and is a separated former Province of Iraq.

So he tried to take them, and America was wondered, what their former "Friend" did.

The Russians go out in Afghanistan in 1989
with about 1 Million killed Russian Red Army Members.

Osama bin Laden needs an new Enemy, and the American Government supports the Taliban until 1995 for Oil-interests in this Region.

This is now the Result of this Politics...

By the way: CIA was warned, that this week will be an big Terrorist Act.

The Warning comes from Darmstadt, Germany, from an Iran Prisoner, who sits in our Jail.
He should be brought back to Iran later.

He insisted in a Telephone Call to CIA and
German Authorities allow this. When he was asked by CIA who he is and told, he is an Iran Prisoner in Germany, they interrupt
the Telephone Call and do not believe him.

Then he insisted in sending an Fax to the President. This time, he was not allowed by the German Authorities, because they do not believe him, too.

This morning, he was interviewed by German State Attorney and the CIA...

Posts: 1034 | From: Gutach, Black Forest, Germany | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
kbozman
First Class Passenger
Member # 642

posted 09-14-2001 10:25 AM      Profile for kbozman   Email kbozman   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Barryboat,

Bless you for having the courage and conviction for defending your faith in this terrible time of suffering. I believe that each and every human being should nurture their soul, because in the END, that is all that we will have. At the hour of our death, everything that we have done, or have been, will be reflected BACK at us. Our soul never lies. We CANNOT hide the truth from God.

GOD ... It's amazing that most Atheists realizing that their death is near, will cry
out " Oh My God "

Your post said it all my friend, and I respect you for having the courage to speak out.

My heart goes out to all of the survivors and surviving relatives who are suffering .

GOD bless EVERYONE, GOD bless America, and GOD bless you !

Highest regards,

Kbozman.

Posts: 154 | From: Hanover Pa, USA | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
BigUFan
First Class Passenger
Member # 1382

posted 09-14-2001 11:53 AM      Profile for BigUFan   Author's Homepage   Email BigUFan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Barryboat, you hit the nail on the head. Our society has become most unfortunately Godless. It is we who have abandoned Him, not He who has abandoned us. We must now pray like never before that this ends quickly. We must all return to Him who created us. I see so many terrifying visions of the future. I care not to entertain them further by discussing them here. They are far too depressing and frightening.

For the rest of you, I realize I have been silent during this time. I want you to understand that I am very deeply disturbed, shocked, horrified, and seething in anger at the events of this past week. Finding words to express my feelings has been most difficult. Even now, I am having problems typing this message, a sentiment echoed elsewhere I believe. I am most deeply gratified by all the words of sympathy and support. I had the most horrible "privilege" of having to see the towers collapse from my office 8 miles away. It has been ingrained in my memory, and the stress over the past week has been almost too much to bear. God Bless the lot of you, God Bless America, and may God help us all.

Posts: 904 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Italian Cruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 1684

posted 09-14-2001 11:57 AM      Profile for Italian Cruiser   Email Italian Cruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
There are no words to say what I feel now.This is a sad day for all of us Italians.Today, as announced by our governament, we have observed three minutes of silence from 12.00 a.m. to commemorate the victims of this absurd tragedy.I'm near to all the Americans with my hearth and my mind.
Posts: 887 | From: Orvieto (Italy) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 09-14-2001 12:49 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barryboat:

I have been condemned recently, and scoffed at, for speaking out about what God has to say about issues in the Bible. God bless you all, and God bless America!

I saw the Trade Center go down live from Newark NJ that morning driving to a business meeting.

Lets not forget that the World Trade Center, the Iran-Iraq war, 52 American hostages, and all the other terrorist atrocities are done in the name of Allah.

People who declare holy war, believe they will go to heavan for killing the so called enemy!

In America we had Jonestown and the Branch Davidians. David Koresh was diddling the little girls there.

Fundamentalist anything is twisting what religion is supposed to be about!

Who's God are we talking about? Jesus, Allah, Yaweh, Dahli Lhama?

Every fanatic saying they have the answer to what God wants, always will have conflicting views, this is what starts this insanity and most of the conflicts of the world thru-out history.

Most fanatics selectively distort the bible, and Koran to promote their own agenda.

Barryboat, you mention Jesus, is a non-Christian going to hell who does not hurt anybody?

You have been pounded on this board, not for religion, but using it as a crutch for your bigotry and self-rightiousness.

Posts: 5727 | From: Philadelphia, Pa [home of the SS United States] | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
OCEANSDEVINE
First Class Passenger
Member # 2141

posted 09-14-2001 12:56 PM      Profile for OCEANSDEVINE   Email OCEANSDEVINE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
So true BigUFan and am glad to hear you with us. Weren't we just talking about how beautiful it is (and will be again) to see the harbor. My daughter returned home last evening to be home to be hugged and kissed. Today I drove her to an express bus to get her back to where she is needed. She packed a suitcase and I don't know when she'll come back for another hug. When I kissed her I said oh my gosh I almost forgot something I went you to keep in your pocket. Mom I was so surprised and thought that you above all people who teach religion to children had forgotten about God. I almost did but didn't, I sent her off with a medal of Jesus and one medal from Our Lady of Knock with Holy Water in it. I will be teaching second graders about Jesus next week. Hope is in Him who promised forgiveness and eternal life. Ask for His mercy, strength and a return to Him of a nation. Thanks friends.
Posts: 146 | From: NEW YORK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amerikanis
First Class Passenger
Member # 1835

posted 09-14-2001 03:11 PM      Profile for Amerikanis   Email Amerikanis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
In former Germany, we have an War in the Name of God:

It was the most terrible War in our History, World War II is nothing against this:

Starting in 1618 and going until 1648.

On one side the Roman Catholics, Pope in Rome and Emperor in Vienna, "Holy Roman Empire of German Nation", their Field-Marshals Wallenstein and Tilly,

on the other side some smaller Protestand Countries from Middle and Eastern Germany, helped by King Gustav Adolf of Sweden with 50000 of his best Fighters and King Christian of Denmark.

Gustav Adolf fall in War in 1632, he leads his Army himself.

Today there is an Social Company of the Protestant Church in Germany, called "Gustav-Adolf-Works". It is like Catholic "Caritas"

In this time, 80 per Cent of all People in this Country are killed.

The war ends without Victory for one Side, they come together in Augsburg, Bavaria in
1655 and discuss the Future...

Both Sides made the War in the Name of the Right Christian Believe, the one believes in Pope of Rome and their Holy's, the other
believes not in Pope and Holy's, only in the Bible.

And both believe, it is to fight for God...

Posts: 1034 | From: Gutach, Black Forest, Germany | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rex
First Class Passenger
Member # 1113

posted 09-14-2001 03:14 PM      Profile for Rex     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Thank you, Desirod. This isn't about Christians or Muslims or Jews or Black or Whites - those terrorists didn't discriminate when they smashed into the buildings. It doesn't matter what you call Him, so long as you do. He doesn't care. One religion is not superior over the other.
Posts: 1413 | From: Philadelphia PA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
BigUFan
First Class Passenger
Member # 1382

posted 09-14-2001 03:45 PM      Profile for BigUFan   Author's Homepage   Email BigUFan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by desirod6
Fundamentalist anything is twisting what religion is supposed to be
about!

Quite right. Fanaticism is the perversion of God's message by a few people with an axe to grind. So they rouse the rabble under the pretense of their philosophy being the "word of God," when in reality, they are performing the work of Satan. This is why Jesus warned, "Beware the false prophet."

Posts: 904 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Barryboat
First Class Passenger
Member # 33

posted 09-14-2001 04:15 PM      Profile for Barryboat   Author's Homepage   Email Barryboat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Desirod, my response to you is a direct quote from Jesus:

"I am the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE. No One comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well" John 14:6-7

Another scripture which stands strong is:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." John 3:16-18

Desirod, you asked the question,"will a non-Christian go to hell?" That's not for me or anyone to determine except for God. Many of these other faiths require followers to do good works in order to get to heaven, but not Christianity. A Christian is given the FREE GIFT of salvation not by works, but by faith in God. Some religions promote fear. Our God is a God of Love but who is also a God of justice. The bottom line is that we all deserve hell for our sin nature because God is holy and will not tolerate sin, which is why God sent his Son Jesus into this world so that when we someday stand before God in Judgement, Jesus will be there as our counsel and say of those who believe in him, I died so that this man or woman may not be condemned of their sin....This person believes in me and their sin is forgiven. Sadly, those who do not believe in Jesus, according to the Bible, will be condemned to eternal separation from God.

Desirod, I am bothered that you say that I am bigoted and self-righteous....that is against my nature and is simply not true. I stand for what I know is truth. As I believed in Jesus and trust him with my life and seek forgiveness through him, I know that my sin is forgiven, and I know that I will go to heaven when I die. God has transformed me from a person who was born with a sin nature to a man who has the Spirit of God living within. A man without faith in God cannot understand this, so I challenge you to take that leap of faith and begin to trust in God. Then you will not see me as bigoted or self-righteous, but rather as a brother.

Again for those who want to accept this FREE GIFT of eternal life in heaven and forgiveness of sin, call this number....1-888-633-3446

[ 09-14-2001: Message edited by: Barryboat ]

Posts: 1851 | From: Bloomington, Minnesota (Home to the Mall of America) | Registered: Mar 99  |  IP: Logged
Rex
First Class Passenger
Member # 1113

posted 09-14-2001 05:09 PM      Profile for Rex     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

"I am the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE. No One comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well" John 14:6-7

What, did he hold an exclusive press conference, Barryboat? Where were you sitting?

Posts: 1413 | From: Philadelphia PA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 09-14-2001 05:37 PM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
An idea;

Should NATO or the USA go to war. Re-deploy the SSNorway, refit the SS United States, or the remaining unemployed ocean liners in Eleusis,and Freeport, as hospital ships, barracks, or floating command centers.

Posts: 5727 | From: Philadelphia, Pa [home of the SS United States] | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 09-14-2001 05:39 PM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:

Actually, I suspect that is not really a direct quote from Jesus. I wasn't there mind you, but I don't think he spoke English and as I understand things, the words attributed to him are based on documents that were written some time after the events.

Let's not lose sight of the big picture... Call me a crazy dreamer, but I kinda believe if everyone in this world could put their personal agenda's aside and try to do what is right for their fellow earthling, this would make The Big Guy Upstairs happy and things like the events of Tuesday might not happen so often.

...easier said than done but worth a try.

Posts: 29976 | From: Great Falls, Virginia | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
M.S.Grumple
First Class Passenger
Member # 1340

posted 09-14-2001 05:55 PM      Profile for M.S.Grumple     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Come on guys - you know very few people agree on politics or religion!

Let's not fight among ourselves, there are enough enemies already.

Posts: 280 | From: Burlington, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dmitriy
First Class Passenger
Member # 128

posted 09-14-2001 07:44 PM      Profile for Dmitriy   Email Dmitriy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Good evening to all of you,
This is so horrible...Only now I am starting to realize how deeply affected our lives will be forever. I became a citizen of our great country almost five years ago and proud to be an American the most I've ever been seeing how people react and act to what is going on in our country.
The freedom of religion is a great thing, it is one of the fundamental principles of out society and I respect Barryboat's rights to believe in what he chooses to. However , Barryboat, I do not think it is very ethical to push your religious views on all of us during these difficult times. Give us a chance to heel on our own terms, please. Also note, your quotations come from a book that was composed by multiple people during a very prolonged period of time many decades and centuries after the alleged events. I denounce fundamentalism, intolerance, and religious extremism in any form or shape from any religion or denomination. Basically, Barryboat, I am simply asking you to allow all of us to come to terms with these horrible events on our own terms and without any unrequested spiritual guidance. Another thing I want to add is that even after we destroy bin Laden and his group, we will not end world's terrorism, no matter how sad it is. However, if we concentrate our efforts on bringing peace and prosperity to the region, that will get rid of the terrorism as there will be no more basis for it, i.e. extremelly poor, dissatisfied angry people. I wish peace and happiness to every Christian, Jew, Muslim, etc. person in the world. Still, we are all human and not allow some fanatics make us forget that. Thanks for reading this long post...

Barryboat
First Class Passenger
Member # 33

posted 09-14-2001 08:50 PM      Profile for Barryboat   Author's Homepage   Email Barryboat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
...I'm done preaching. God Bless all of you and God Bless America!

- Barry, I took the liberty of editing your post down to it's essence. I hope you don't mind.

Joe at TravelPage.com

Barryboat
First Class Passenger
Member # 33

posted 09-15-2001 12:05 AM      Profile for Barryboat   Author's Homepage   Email Barryboat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Joe, What was wrong with my closing comments? I think that I should be able to justify and defend my comments. People like desirod and Rex are free to make slamming, negative comments and what I had to say was uplifting, and biblically correct, and on topic. Some people are truly reaching out to God for answers, and I was offering a possible direction for people to go if they so choose. What I have posted here is nothing Billy Graham would not have posted if he were to visit Travelpage. (again..not that I'm comparing myself to Billy Graham, who is one of the most respected men of our century) I'm disappointed Joe...I can appreciate the earlier switch you did today with one of my posts, but to delete the well thought out closing comments I made, I think was a bit much. Oh, well...this is your message board, and I will comply.
Vaccaro
First Class Passenger
Member # 465

posted 09-15-2001 05:01 AM      Profile for Vaccaro   Author's Homepage   Email Vaccaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm so sorry to intervene in those circumstances of big sorrow. I'm so sorry but here I can't retain myself to shout and shout again: please, stop. For the respect of everyone, please stop.
When I learnt about the tragedy last tuesday, as anyone else I was so shocked I had tears and I felt like vomiting. I spent 9 days at Pittsburgh last April where I was welcomed like a king and I had the strange feeling as if I personally knew all these poor victims.
When I read you Barryboat, I have no tears but my heart is bitting so hard and again, I feel like vomiting. I'm absolutly crushed by your opportunism and calculation.
Pathetic! Miserable and, worse of all in those moments, indecent.
Jumping on this opportunity, yet the pain is still so fresh to deploy your views and to spread to everyone in a public space you were right few weeks ago about the usage you did regarding the words of God is something that really crushes me in those moments. In other normal circumstances (like few weeks ago), in my position I would not have commented at all, but there, that's too much.
Saying your behaviour towards others is anyway dictated by the fact you "have God living within you" is something that frighten me. So this will never stop... Too much people feeling they are The God for them... so they can do, if badly interpreted and badly used only, every thing.
Who are you to say you know what sin is and all your ones are forgiven because you have a so high faith in God? Who are you to state some religions are here to spread fears? Don't you think every religion had have its part of bad and obscur things and injustices in some part of its history? I think you should open again your books of History. Every cruel interpretation of any religion, no matter which it is, is not acceptable.
Don't you think a comparison between religions is not appropriate at all during these difficult moments in particular and during this period of worldwide globalization and necessity for every people to fraternize in general?
Since you think you know what sin is, do you think your behaviour in this board for a long time or through private e-mails with me is exempt of sin and impropriety and anyway you can allow yourself these ones since they are forgiven? No I'm not going to enumerate them now and here since it would be really unrespectful for the victims in this topic concerning this tragedy. It would be inappropriate in this forum too.
But you know, I fully respect your faith as well as the faith of everyone, as far it is not badly used for others and as far it is not used as an instrument of calculation and promotion for oneself, especially during these moments.
No one has the unique privilege and use of the faith, no one has its monopoly, it belonges to everyone who wants or believes in it and there's not only one absolute way to express it as well as the compassion felt.
You say "...faith and begin to trust in God. Then you will not see me as bigoted or self-righteous, but rather as a brother".
Please do not deny everyone to have its own opinion and do not proclame these opinions towards you (or anyone) is just a matter of faith. Faith and God has nothing to do there... or you should keep it for really think about others.
I'd add, if you want to be perceived as a brother, behave as a brother.
I fully respect peoples expressing their faith after the recent events and I'm fully contributing to this reverence towards victims (who does not?) but please, stop presenting yourself as the person that peoples had to heard to avoid this tragedy.
Once again, this opportunism is pathetic and indecent.

I wanted to add, I fully subscribe to the words expressed above by Dimitry, Rex and Desirod6 (sorry if I forgot someone).

Nevertheless, there are far more important things than what we can read here or there in forums and, maybe one day, we will stop that kind of steril quarrels and we all be able to speak about cruises and ships with a good, respectful and fair spirit. Let's not change this topic in quarrels between religions, opinions or in out of place opportunism. That's not respectful.

I'm sorry if my post bothered someone here during these moments but my emotion and ire were too big to retain myself, probably a consequence of the events themselves too.
However, that's really small things in comparison of the wounds that this tagedy did to the victims and their close relatives.
I trust in their courage and strength now.
My thoughts for them.

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: Vaccaro ]

Posts: 1193 | From: France ...where the greatest liners ever are born, ...by far! | Registered: Feb 99  |  IP: Logged
sewsassy1
Just Boarded
Member # 2406

posted 09-15-2001 05:11 AM      Profile for sewsassy1        Edit/Delete Post
I am shocked to see that people are actually fighting on this board. Especially in lieu of the tragedy at the WTC, The Pentagon & the field in Pittsburg. All men, women & children are created equal. If you stripped us down we would all be made of the same thing. Of course Men & Women have some slight differences. I believe there are good & bad of all races and good & bad come from all countries. I saw this coming a long time ago. After the Oklahoma bombing I knew it was a matter of time before something else bigger would happen. It scares the crap out of me. Tonight I couldn't sleep because there was heavy thunder & lightning in our area. Normally I sleep thru it. But because of the recent tragedies I am now slightly nervous . Why can't we just try to get along? If we were all the same this world would be boring. Doesn't God say " Love thy neighbor as thy loves thyself?" I don't think you have to believe in God to be a good person & love your neighbor. Just do it because it's the right thing to do & it feels good.
Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marina
First Class Passenger
Member # 1664

posted 09-15-2001 06:11 AM      Profile for Marina   Email Marina   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
The worl is a different place. America and its people will prevail and in fact come out a stronger nation.
Here a prediction by SNOSTRADAMUS which makes you wonder:
"In the year of the new century and nine months,From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city..."
In the city of York there will be a great collapse, 2 twin brothers torn apart.by chaos while the fortress fall the great leader will succumb the third big war will begin when the big city is burning
NOSTRADAMUS
NOTE: 2001 is the first year of the new century and this is the 9th month.
New York is located at the 45 degree Latitude.
So far Nostradamus!!!!
many have now called upon God and Barryboat has spoken as well.
Germany population and its leaders have also gone to church and also mentioned God.
Not unusual in such horrible times. But!!! here we go again, claiming that our God is the only true one.
Lest we forget how many people over the past centuries have been raped, maimed, tortured and killed in the name of God, not Allah, or Buddah, Jehova or whatever you may call "him".
Hitler sigend an agreement (Concodat) with the Pope, so the Holy Church would not interfer with the Jewish "solution".
On both sides of armies, catholic priests blessed arms and soldiers before battle.
and so on.......
AMERIKANIS is right in his comments that those Arbas youth living in camps have no hope, no future, no education. A fertil ground for fanatics to recruite suicide bombers. Yes, a few cheered after the attack, but the majority of Moslims not. in fact many came forward and condemmed the attack, having nothing to do with Moslim Religion and Allah!!!!
AIRPLANE SAFETY - PREVENTION OF FUTURE HIJACKING:
1. why not have trained security ride on each plane, as El-Al does??? Non of their planes have ever been hijacked!!
2. since mdoern planes are flown by-wire and flight plan programmed prior to take-off, it should not be too difficult to have build in an electronic devise which does not permit to alter a flight plan. In case of emergencies, the pilot must call the next tower for permission to do so. Switching off the Transponder, will trigegr an alarm and also immediately activate a system which prevents the plane to deviate from its pre-programmed flight pattern.
In hindsight we are all smarter. This hideous crime on american and humanity will not weaker our resolve as Bush rightly stated.

Posts: 217 | From: Miami Beach, FL.USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.