- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...She's the next in a fine line for Cunard, and today (April 19), Queen Anne officially joined the luxury cruise line's iconic fleet during a historic handover ceremony in Italy. Cunard took ownership of their stunning 3,000-guest ship during a traditional handover ceremony at the Fincantieri Marghera shipyard in Venice – where master shipbuilders have been constructing the...

Latest News...Princess Cruises and ship builder Fincantieri today announced the mutual decision to postpone the delivery of the next Sphere Class ship, Star Princess. Following a comprehensive review of the remaining construction milestones, both parties have elected to adjust the ship's delivery date from July 29, 2025 to September 26, 2025, which will result in the cancellation of the nine...

Latest News...Seabourn announced this week that the Wunambal Gaambera Traditional Owners as godparents of Seabourn Pursuit, the line's newest ultra-luxury, purpose-built expedition ship. >Seabourn is the first cruise line to appoint Traditional Owners as godparents of a ship. The naming of Wunambal Gaambera Traditional Owners as godparents of Seabourn Pursuit serves as a symbolic gesture...

More Cruise News...

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » World Trade Centre Tragedy (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: World Trade Centre Tragedy
Jesse C
First Class Passenger
Member # 1678

posted 09-11-2001 07:08 PM      Profile for Jesse C   Email Jesse C   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Information about Hijacked airplanes involved in Crash:

American Airlines Flight #__11
Boston/Logan (BOS) to Los Angeles (LAX)
World Trade Center North Building
Boeing 767
New York City, New York State, United States of America
Flight Attendants Perished: 09
Pilots Perished: 2
Passengers Perished: _81
Untold number of people killed on ground

American Airlines Flight #__77
Washington/Dulles (IAD) to Los Angeles (LAX)
The Pentagon's Military Nerve Center
Boeing 757
Arlington, Virginia, United States of America
Flight Attendants Perished: 04
Passengers Perished: _58
Untold number of people killed in the Pentagon

United Airlines Flight #_175
Boston/Logan (BOS) to Los Angeles (LAX)
World Trade Center South Building
Boeing 767-200
New York City, New York State, United States of America
Flight Attendants Perished: 05
Passengers Perished: _56
Untold number of people killed on ground

United Airlines Flight #__93
New York/Newark (EWR) to San Francisco (SFO)
Boeing 757-200
Shanksville, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Flight Attendants and Passengers Perished: _45

Again, for the rabid Middle Eastern people celebrating the event...

These fools that are dancing in honor of death in New York, Washington, and Pittsburgh should be denounced as rabid monsters who are sick and ill and have an I. Q. of zero and have poor tastes that are not fit for humanity. When innocent people die, you don't celebrate their deaths like you do in Bali in honor of the person. Customs here means you have to be silent.

At our school, we held a moment of silence during homeroom announcements.

We will catch the offender and we will make sure he joins the suicide terrorists in heck that helped him perform his evil tasks.

[ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Jesse C ]

Posts: 244 | From: Houston, Texas, United States of America | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 09-11-2001 07:51 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse C:

These fools that are dancing in honor of death in New York, Washington, and Pittsburgh should be denounced as rabid monsters who are sick and [ 09-11-2001: Message edited by: Jesse C ]

I don't know what they showed on TV in the US, but here they did also show pictures of some people on the West Bank cheering away...but in later news reports it was stated as only being a small handful of people, with the rest of the population glued to their TVs as horror struck as all of us.

I suspect, sad as it is, that in every country in the world you may find a very small number of people in the same sick frame of mind

Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green
First Class Passenger
Member # 171

posted 09-11-2001 09:31 PM      Profile for Green     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I'm horrified at what happened today. It's been compared to Pearl Harbour - it is much worse - the perpetrators are unknown.

That there are people 'celebrating' is beyond belief - they are barbarians!

My Godson owns a restaurant in the area - we can only wait and pray. He and his wife are awaiting the birth of their first child.

Posts: 2913 | From: Markham, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
Baker
First Class Passenger
Member # 1311

posted 09-12-2001 01:50 AM      Profile for Baker   Email Baker   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Down here in Australia we are all gobsmacked at such carnage, its like a Bruce Willis movie, the streets were I live are very quite today I guess everone is glued in disbelief to there TV's.we have five TV channels that have been on none stop since 1.00am our time bringing this terrible news to us. Sad so bloody sad, words can't express our feelings enough. God Bless America and good luck.. B
Posts: 221 | From: Rosebud, by the Bay.Victoria, Australia | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
scorpio
First Class Passenger
Member # 1245

posted 09-12-2001 03:02 AM      Profile for scorpio     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
We in Britain were also shocked when the news broke just after 2pm. As day developed, we found it difficult to comprehend how such attrocities could happen. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the people involved and the Prime Minister has offered the maximum support in terms of intelligence and military assistance in the search for the perpetrators.
God bless America.

Posts: 92 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bluekiwi
First Class Passenger
Member # 40

posted 09-12-2001 04:25 AM      Profile for Bluekiwi   Email Bluekiwi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Just want to extend our sincere sympathy to everybody in the USA, we in New Zealand are struggling to comprehend what we are seeing on our TV screens. Our thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone of you. God bless you all.
Posts: 53 | From: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: Mar 99  |  IP: Logged
First Class Passenger
Member # 1157

posted 09-12-2001 05:49 AM      Profile for Guest        Edit/Delete Post
Here in Australia, the nation is in complete shock. Our flags are at 1/2 mast and our government held a service of sorrow for those in New York, DC and Pennsylvania. May god be with those who have lost loved ones, our prayers are with you.
Posts: 1888 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scottylass
First Class Passenger
Member # 420

posted 09-12-2001 06:58 AM      Profile for Scottylass   Email Scottylass   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
This atrocity has stunned the civilised nations of the world. The families and people of the USA are in our thoughts and prayers. The atmosphere even in our streets here is sombre, I went to the shops this morning and complete strangers are talking to one another about the tradgedy of it and all the poor people involved.

Words cannot convey what many people will feel, this has changed the world from what we knew it, its all so very sad.

Thinking of you all
Mary

Posts: 648 | From: Stirlingshire, Scotland | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
David McIntosh
First Class Passenger
Member # 1737

posted 09-12-2001 07:36 AM      Profile for David McIntosh   Email David McIntosh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
As an American I would like to express my gratitude to all of the folks from around the world who have in their postings expressed their sympathy. We are in shock. I don't know how to describe the mood here.
Posts: 124 | From: Columbia, SC, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthPerk
First Class Passenger
Member # 1609

posted 09-12-2001 08:10 AM      Profile for RuthPerk   Email RuthPerk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I would like to echo David McIntosh's statement of gratitude.

As a proud American, I would like to thank all Cruise Talkers for their support and prayers. The miserable b*st*rds that organized this horrific deed will be caught and punished!

God Bless the USA!

Posts: 329 | From: Victor, NY, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
M.S.Grumple
First Class Passenger
Member # 1340

posted 09-12-2001 08:43 AM      Profile for M.S.Grumple     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I just wish to express my condolences to all Americans and particularly the victims' families.

We all feel so helpless - decent people have little defence against evil it seems.

I know the forces of good will triumph in the end but sometimes the journey is pretty hard.

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: M.S.Grumple ]

Posts: 280 | From: Burlington, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nautical Nigel
First Class Passenger
Member # 2326

posted 09-12-2001 08:56 AM      Profile for Nautical Nigel   Email Nautical Nigel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
My sympathy goes out to everyone in the USA, especially those who have lost loved ones.

I feel so helpless and something like this certainly puts ones own life into perspective.

Posts: 81 | From: London, England | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
nycruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 960

posted 09-12-2001 11:18 AM      Profile for nycruiser   Email nycruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I still cannot believe what happened yesterday!

I live about 20 minutes or so north of Manhattan out in the suburbs. I practically grew up in New York City. I unfortunately heard the horrible details of the second crash, as it happened, on my way to work. The radio station I listen to is located at the top of the Empire State Building and the DJs gave a moment by moment description of what was happening, since they were witnesing this all first hand throught thiei windows.

The entire day at work was spent watching the TV! (I work in a travel agency). I still cannot erase the moment I saw the first WTC tower collapase! I felt like we were all helpless.

My heart goes out to all the victims of the horrible and very stupid event that occured yesterday.

Posts: 665 | From: Westchester County, NY | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Deck 9 001
First Class Passenger
Member # 1716

posted 09-12-2001 11:43 AM      Profile for Deck 9 001     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
To Everyone,

As an American, but especially being from New York City, I can't begin to tell you all how my heart is breaking at this moment.

I Want to thank all of you from around the world who have so swiftly posted your condolences and sympathy regarding this barbaric atrocity. My sorrow and love goes out to all my fellow brothers and sisters in New York, D.C. and Penn.

Let me please say the here in Taiwan, the television news chanels have been on 24 hour coverage, and the Taiwanese are outraged at this horrific tragedy. My cell phone and home phone and business phone has not stopped ringing. My staff, friends, customers and casual aquaintances have all called to express their grief and horror.
I love the Taiwanese for caring so much and for trying to make sure that I am ok. This is what friends are all about!

Again, thanks to you all.

Mike

Posts: 939 | From: Taipei, Taiwan (originally New York) | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Amerikanis
First Class Passenger
Member # 1835

posted 09-12-2001 04:58 PM      Profile for Amerikanis   Email Amerikanis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
No desirod6, i did not cruise on the Robert Ley, it is not possible, she was in May 1945
in Hamburg, burned-out.

I am born in 1958.

The Programme Strenght thru Joy was an great idea, it was possible, that workers with an average income or less (10 per cent of them with no income) could do an Cruise, go to Theatre or Soccer Stadion and so on.

Tourism comes up in Germany in the 1930's.

In former times, only rich poeple could do those things.

By the way: Adolf was an Import from Austria, he got his Passport in the 1920's.
In the First World War the Austrian Army did not take him, because he has problems with his health, in Munich an Infantry Regiment
took him after the war started as "Reserve
Infanterist". He had all the time in First World War the lowest rank "Gefreiter".
This is no officer and no sub-officer...

Dancing people in the Middle East is easy to explain. A lot of them live in Camps, without an Job, small or no Education, no Perspectives. They have nothing to loose, except their Lives.

And for the Lives, Religious Leaders explain them, that they would go immediately into Paradise, if they fall in Fight against Islams Enemies.

It is easy, to make some of them fanatic. Most of them will not think so...

Posts: 1034 | From: Gutach, Black Forest, Germany | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pollysmom
First Class Passenger
Member # 2376

posted 09-12-2001 05:28 PM      Profile for Pollysmom   Author's Homepage   Email Pollysmom   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Right now, another building, 1 Liberty Plaza is falling down.

All rescue workers have been told to leave.

Also, can you believe it - Radisson Seven Seas cruise line has announced that they will be working on their 'USUAL CANCELLATION POLICY" - in other words; no matter how afraid anyone is, they're not getting their money back!

They are already too expensive; are they afraid to lose a few bucks? I think they will lose customers instead!

Posts: 21 | From: New England | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amerikanis
First Class Passenger
Member # 1835

posted 09-12-2001 06:05 PM      Profile for Amerikanis   Email Amerikanis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I think there is no Reason for Panic!
Better think about the Reason for the Events and who will do this.

There must be big Security deficits in US, 4 Planes hijacked at the same Time, Hijackers only with knives.

Control for Inland-flights is very bad, i think. No Security people in the Airports,
only some on minimum wages, not the best and unexperienced.

Bush thinks about Cruise Missile Defense in the Space for an very big amount of Money.

This will bring nothing against Fanatics with Knives.

It is necessary to look for the Responsibles and eliminate them. To find them, it is necessary to think about their motivation...

Posts: 1034 | From: Gutach, Black Forest, Germany | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green
First Class Passenger
Member # 171

posted 09-12-2001 08:38 PM      Profile for Green     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green:
My Godson owns a restaurant in the area - we can only wait and pray. He and his wife are awaiting the birth of their first child.

I've just received the following re my Godson -

"Patrick and Dinah are ok. Dinah managed to get to work before the second hit. Patrick had already called in to take the day off before knowing there was a problem.

"Have spoken to them both and they are fine and at home. As Patrick takes the train to the World Train Center he has to work out another way to get to work. He works two blocks north of the Center but his place is closed until further notice. Dinah works midtown."

I'm so very, very thankful. Thank you for prayers and thoughts sent to me today.

Posts: 2913 | From: Markham, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
sympatico
First Class Passenger
Member # 797

posted 09-12-2001 09:22 PM      Profile for sympatico     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Talked to a friend tonight who is a retired Executive with the Canadian division of a large Insurance Co. here in Canada. He has by been told that out of the 1700 people working on the top floors of the WTC for this Co. that about 700-800 have been accounted for. My God what a tragedy - most were young people working in the technology dept.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: sympatico ]

Posts: 3305 | From: Toronto, Ont. Canada | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
David McIntosh
First Class Passenger
Member # 1737

posted 09-12-2001 10:21 PM      Profile for David McIntosh   Email David McIntosh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
It is Wednesday evening and I am watching TV and the word has just come over that the Empire State Building has been evacuated because of a terrorist threat. It seems as we watch TV and hear of the possibility of 30,000 or more deaths that the situation becomes worse. This is hard to fathom.
David McIntosh
First Class Passenger
Member # 1737

posted 09-12-2001 10:28 PM      Profile for David McIntosh   Email David McIntosh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
It is just a few minutes later and the news channels are reporting the Pennsylvania Station is being evacuated. New York's misery continues.
David McIntosh
First Class Passenger
Member # 1737

posted 09-12-2001 10:35 PM      Profile for David McIntosh   Email David McIntosh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
Latest word is that it was a false alarm and people are being allowed back into the Empire State Building.
Jesse C
First Class Passenger
Member # 1678

posted 09-12-2001 11:36 PM      Profile for Jesse C   Email Jesse C   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I am smelling Osama Bin Laden. There is a confirmed link between that madman and a bunch of suspects that died in the suicide bombings.

IF THAT MAN IS RESPONSIBLE, WE WILL DRAG HIM TO THE NETHERLANDS AND PUT HIM IN A PRISON IN TEH NETHERLANDS ALLONG WITH HIS STUPID SUPPORTERS!!!!!

Here are some Casualty lists:
American Airlines Flight 11
-Boston/Logan, Massachusetts(BOS)
-to Los Angeles, California (LAX)
Crashed into One World Trade Center/North Tower
New York City, New York State

PILOT CREW:
-- John Ogonowski, 52, Dracut, Massachusetts, captain
-- Thomas McGuinness, 42, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, first officer

FLIGHT ATTENDANT , Massachusetts
-- Roberta Jalbert
-- Ralph Kershaw
-- Heinrich Kimmig, 43, chairman of BCT Technology AG, Germany
-- Brian Kinney, 29, Lowell, Massachusetts
-- Robert LeBlanc, 70, Lee, NeCREW:
-- Barbara Arestegui
-- Jeffrey Collman
-- Sara Low, 28, Batesville, Arkansas
-- Karen Martin
-- Kathleen Nicosia
-- Betty Ong
-- Jean Roger, Longmeadow, Massachusetts
-- Dianne Snyder, 42, Westport, Massachusetts
-- Madeline Sweeney

PASSENGERS:
-- Mary Wahlstrom, 75, Kaysville, Utah.
-- Richard Ross, 58, Newton, Massachusetts.
-- Anna Williams Allison, 48, Stoneham, Massachusetts
-- David Angell, 54, Pasadena, California, executive producer, NBC's "Frasier"
-- Lynn Angell, Pasadena, California
-- Seima Aoyama
-- Myra Aronson
-- Christine Barbuto
-- Berry Berenson, 53, Los Angeles, California, actress and photographer
-- Carolyn Beug, 48, Santa Monica, California
-- Carol Bouchard, 43, Warwick, Rhode Island., Kent County Hospital emergency room secretary
-- Robin Caplin, Natick, Massachusetts
-- Neilie Casey
-- Jeffrey Coombs, 42, Abington, Massachusetts
-- Tara Creamer, 30, Worcester, Massachusetts
-- Thelma Cuccinello, 71, Wilmot, New Hampshire
-- Patrick Currivan
-- Andrew Curry Green, Chelmsford, Massachusetts
-- Brian Dale
-- David DiMeglio, Wakefield, Massachusetts
-- Donald Ditullio
-- Albert Dominguez
-- Alex Filipov, 70, Concord, Massachusetts
-- Carol Flyzik, 40, Plaistow, New Hampshire, medical computer equipment demonstrator for Meditech
-- Paul Friedman
-- Karleton D.B. Fyfe, 31, Brookline, Massachusetts
-- Peter Gay, 54, Tewksbury, Massachusetts, Raytheon Co.
-- Linda George
-- Edmund Glazer, 41, Chatsworth, California, chief financial officer, MRV Communications Inc.
-- Paige Farley Hackel, 46 Newton, Massachusetts
-- Peter Hashem
-- Robert Hayes
-- Ted Hennessey, 35, Belmont, Massachusetts
-- John Hofer
-- Cora Holland
-- Nicholas Humber
-- Robert Jalbert, 61, Swampscott, Massachusetts
-- John Jenkins
-- Charles Jones, 48, Bedford, Massachusetts
-- Robin Kaplan
-- Barbara Keating
-- David Kovalcin, 42, Hudson, New Hampshire, Raytheon Co.
-- Judy Larocque
-- Jude Larson, 31, Los Angeles, California
-- Natalie Larson, Los Angeles, California
-- N. Janis Lasden
-- Daniel John Lee, 34, Los Angeles, California
-- Daniel C. Lewin, 31, co-founder of Akamai Technologies
-- Chris Mello, 25, Boston, Massachusetts
-- Jeff Mladenik, 43, Hinsdale, Illinois
-- Antonio Montoya
-- Carlos Montoya
-- Laura Lee Morabito, 34, Framingham, Massachusetts, national sales manager for Qantas Airways
-- Mildred Naiman
-- Laurie Neira
-- Renee Newell, 37, Cranston, Rhode Island, American Airlines customer service agent
-- Jacqueline Norton, 60, Lubec, Maine, retiree
-- Robert Norton, 82, Lubec, Maine
-- Jane Orth, 49, Haverhill, Massachusetts
-- Thomas Pecorelli
-- Bernthia Perkins
-- Sonia Morales Puopolo, 58, Massachusetts, former ballet dancer
-- David Retik, Needham, Massachusetts
-- Philip Rosenzweig, Massachusetts, executive with Sun Microsystems in Boston
-- Richard Ross, 58, Newton, Massachusetts
-- James Rles
-- Lynn Goodchild, 25, Attleboro, Massachusetts
-- Francis Grogan
-- Carl Hammond, 37, Boston, Massachusetts
-- Peter Hanson, 32, Groton, Massachusetts
-- Susan Hanson, 35, Groton, Massachusetts
-- Christine Hanson, 3, Groton, Massachusetts
-- Gerald Hardacre
-- Eric Hartono
-- James E. Hayden, 47, Westfordw Hampshire, professor emeritus of geography, University of New Hampshire
-- Maclovio "Joe" Lopez Jr., 41, Norwalk, California
-- Marianne MacFarlane
-- Louis Neil Mariani, 59, Derry, New Hampshire
-- Juliana Valentine McCourt, 4, New London, Connecticut
-- Ruth McCourt, 45, New London, Connecticut
-- Wolfgang Menzel, 60, personnel manager, BCT Technology AG, Germany
-- Shawn Nassaney, 25, Pawtucket, Rhode Island
-- Patrick Quigley
-- Frederick Rimmele, Marblehead, Massachusetts, physician
-- Jesus Sanchez, 45, Hudson, Massachusetts, off-duty flight attendant
-- Kathleen Shearer, Dover, New Hampshire
-- Robert Shearer, Dover, New Hampshire
-- Jane Simpkin
-- Brian D. Sweeney, 38, Barnstable, Massachusetts
-- Timothy Ward, 38, San Diego, California, Rubio's Restaurants executive
-- William Weems, Marblehead, Massachusetts, commercial producer

American Airlines Flight 77
-Washington/Dulles, Virginia (IAD)
- to Los Angeles, California (LAX)
Crashed into the Pentagon Nerve Center
Arlington, Virginia

PILOT CREW:
-- Charles Burlingame, captain
-- David Charlebois, Washington, first officer

FLIGHT ATTENDANT CREW:
-- Michele Heidenberger, 57, Chevy Chase, Maryland
-- Jennifer Lewis, 38, Culpeper, Virginia
-- Kenneth Lewis, 49, Culpeper, Virginia
-- Renee May, 39, Baltimore, Maryland

PASSENGERS:
-- Barbara Olson, 45, TV commentator on Larry King Live, articularly during the Chandra Levy case and lawyer.
-- Karen A. Kincaid, 40, Washington, District of Columbia, lawyer, Wiley Rein & Fielding.
-- Christopher Newton, Long Beach, California.
-- Leslie A. Whittington, 45, University Park, Maryland, Georgetown University professor.
-- Bob Speisman, New York.
-- Dr. Paul Ambrose, 32, physician working on health care policy in Washington, District of Columbia
-- Yemen Betru
-- M. J. Booth
-- Bernard Brown, 11, student, Leckie Elementary School
-- Suzanne Calley, 42, San Martin, California, employee of Cisco Systems Inc.
-- William Caswell
-- Sarah Clark, 65, Columbia, Maryland, sixth-grade teacher, Backus Middle School in Washington
-- Asia Cottom, 11, student, Backus Middle School in Washington
-- James Debeuneure, 58, Upper Marlboro, Maryland, fifth-grade teacher, Ketcham Elementary School in Washington
-- Rodney Dickens, 11, student, Leckie Elementary School in Washington
-- Eddie Dillard
-- Charles Droz
-- Barbara G. Edwards, 58, Las Vegas, school teacher, Palo Verde High School in Las Vegas, Nevada
-- Charles S. Falkenberg, 45, University Park, Maryland, director of research at ECOlogic Corp., in Herndon, Virginia.
-- Zoe Falkenberg, 8, University Park, Maryland
-- Dana Falkenberg, 3, University Park, Maryland
-- James Ferguson
-- Bud Flagg, Millwood, Virginia, retired Navy admiral and retired American Airlines pilot
-- Dee Flagg, Millwood, Virginia
-- Richard Gabriel
-- Ian Gray, 55, Washington, Dsitroct of Columbia, president of healthcare consulting firm
-- Stanley Hall, 68, Rancho Palos Verdes, California, Raytheon Co.
-- Bryan Jack, 48, Alexandria, Virginia, senior executive at Defense Department
-- Steven D. "Jake" Jacoby, 43, Alexandria, Virginia, chief operating officer, Metrocall Inc.
-- Ann Judge, 49, Virginia, National Geographic Society travel office manager
-- Chandl 31, San Francisco, California, public relations executive
-- Deora Bodley, 20, Santa Clara, California, university student
-- Marion Britton
-- Thomas E. Burnett Jr., 38, San Ramon, California, senior vice president and chief operating officer, Thoratec Corp.
-- William Cashman
-- Georgine Corrigan
-- Joseph Deluca
-- Patrick Driscoll
-- Edward Felt, 41, Matawan, New Jersey
-- Colleen Fraser
-- Andrew Garcia
-- Jeremy Glick
-- Lauren Grandcolas, San Rafael, California, sales worker at Good Housekeeping magazine
-- Donald F. Greene, 52, Greenwich, Connecticut
-- Linda Gronlund
-- Richard Guadagno, 38, Northern California
-- Toshiya Kuge
-- Waleska Martinez
-- Nicole Miller
-- Mark Rothenberg
-- Christine Snyder, 32, Kailua, Maui, Hawaiian Islands
-- John Talignani
-- Honor Wainio

United Airlines Flight 175:
Boston/Logan (BOS) to Los Angeles (LAX):
Two World Trade Center/South Building

PILOT CREW:
-- Victor J. Saracini, 51, Lower Makefield Township, Pennsylvania, chief pilot.

FLIGHT ATTENDANT CREW:
-- Al Marchand, Alamogordo, New Mexico,
-- Amy Jarret, 28, North Smithfield, Rhode Island

PASSENGERS:
-- Brian D. Sweeney, 38, Barnstable, Massachusetts.
-- Garnet "Ace" Bailey, 53, Lynnfield, Massachusetts, director of pro scouting, Los Angeles Kings, former actor.
-- Mark Bavis, 31, scout, Los Angeles Kings.
-- Peter Hanson, Massachusetts.
-- Susan Hanson, Massachusetts.
-- Christine Hanson, 2, Massachusetts.
-- Jesus Sanchez, 45, Hudson, Massachusetts, off-duty flight attendant.
-- James E. Hayden, 47, Westford, Massachusetts.
-- Ruth McCourt, 24, Westford, Massachusetts.
-- Juliana Valentine McCourt, 4, Westford, Massachusetts.
-- John Cahill, Wellesley, Massachusetts.
-- Shawn Nassaney, 25, Pawtucket, Rhode Island.
-- Lynn Goodchild, 25, Attleboro, Massachusetts.
-- Lisa Frost, 22, Rancho Santa Margarita, California.

American Airlines Flight 77:
Washington/Dulles (IAD) to Los Angeles (LAX):
The Pentagon Military Nerve Center
Arlington, Virginia

FLIGHT ATTENDANT CREW:
-- Michelle Heidenberger, Chevy Chase, Maryland

PASSENGERS:

United Airlines Flight 93:
New York/Newark (EWR), New Jersey, to San Francisco (SFO):
Shanksville, Pennsylvania
--Used as a code-share for Air Canada under flight name AC #4085--

LIGHT ATTENDANT CREW:
-- Cee Cee Lyles, Fort Myers, Florida, flight attendant.

PASSENGERS:
-- Mark Bingham, 31, San Francisco, California
-- Thomas E. Burnett Junior, 38, senior vice president and chief operating officer, Thoratec Corp.

One and Two World Trade Center/North and South Buildings:
-- Peter Ganci, Fire Department chief.
-- Ray Downey, New York firefighter, chief of special operations command
-- William Feehan, First Deputy Commissioner of Fire Department
-- Peter Ganci, Fire Department chief
-- The Reverend Mychal Judge, New York Fire Department chaplain
-- Yamel Merino, 24, Yonkers, New York State, emergency medical technician for Metro Care Ambulance Co.

Pentagon:
-- Terry Lynch, consultant for New York's Booz-Allen & Hamilton and former Congressional staffer

Naval personnel unaccounted for:
NAVY ACTIVE DUTY:
-- Yeoman second Class Melissa Rose Barnes, 27, Redlands, California
-- Information Systems Technician 2nd Class Kris Romeo Bishundat, 23, Waldorf, Maryland
-- Electronics Techinician 3rd Class Christopher Lee Burford, 23 Hubert, North Carolina
-- Electronics Technician 3rd Class Daniel Martin Caballero, 21, Houston, Texas
-- Lieutenant Eric Allen Cranford, 32, Drexel, North Carolina
-- Captain Gerald Francis Deconto, 44, Sandwich, Massachusetts
-- Information Systems Technician 1st Class Johnnie Doctor Junior, 32, Jacksonville, Florida
-- Commander Robert Edward Dolan,43, Florham Park, New Jersey
-- Commander William Howard Donovan Jr., 37, Nunda, New York
-- Commander Patrick Dunn, 39, Fords, New Jersey
-- Aerographer's Mate first Class Edward Thomas Earhart, 26, Salt Lick, Kentucky
-- Lieutenant Cmdr Robert Randolph Elseth, 37, Vestal, New York State
-- Storekeeper third Class Jamie Lynn Fallon, 23, Woodbridge, Virginia
-- Aerographer's Mate second Class Matthew Michael Flocco, 21, Newark, Delaware
-- Captain Lawrence Daniel Getzfred, 57, Elgin, Nebraska
-- Electronics Technician first Class Ronald John Hemenway, 37, Kansas City, Kansas
-- Lieutenant Michael Scott Lamana, 31, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
-- Operations Specialist second Class Nehamon Lyons the Fourth, 30, Mobile, Alabama
-- Electronics Technician second Class Brian Anthony Moss, 34, Sperry, Oklahoma
-- Lieutenant Commander Patrick Jude Murphy, 38, Flossmoor, Illinois
-- Illustrator/draftsman second Class Michael Allen Noeth, Jackson Heights, New York State
-- Lieutenant Jonas Martin Panik, 26, Mingoville, Pennsylvania
-- Lieutenant J. G. Darin Howard Pontell, 26, Columbia, Maryland
-- Aviation Warfare Systems Operator First Class Joseph John Pycior Junior, 39, Carlstadt, New Jersey
-- Information Systems Technician First Class Marsha Dianah Ratchford, 34, Prichard, Alabama
-- Commander Robert Allan Schlegel, 38, Gray, Maine
-- Commander Dan Frederic Shanower, 40, Naperville, Illinois
-- Chief Information Systems Technician Gregg Harold Smallwood, 44, Overland Park, Kansas
-- Lieutenant Commander Otis Vincent Tolbert, 38, Lemoore, California
-- Lieutenant Commander Ronald James Vauk, 37, Nampa, Idaho
-- Lieutenant Commander David Lucian Williams, 32, Newport, Oregon
-- Information Systems Technician Second Class Kevin Wayne Yokum, 27, Lake Charles, Louisiana
-- Chief Information Systems Technician Donald McArthur Young, 41, Roanoke, Virginia

NAVY CIVILIANS:
-- Miss Angela Houtz, 27, La Plata, Maryland
-- Mister Brady Howell, 26, Arlington, Virginia
-- Miss Judith Jones, 53, Woodbridge, Virginia
-- Mister James Lynch, Manassas, Virginia
-- Captain Jack Punches, USN (Retired), 51, Clifton, Virginia

NAVY CONTRACTORS:
-- Mrister Julian Cooper, 39, Springdale, Maryland
-- Mister Jerry Moran, 39, Upper Marlboro, Maryland
-- Mister Khang Nguyen, Fairfax, Virginia
-- Mister Marvin Woods, 58, Great Mills, Maryland

My art teacher, Ms. Day says that her elder son has survived teh Pentagon attack.
Grrrrrrr...................

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Jesse C ]

Posts: 244 | From: Houston, Texas, United States of America | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
RuthPerk
First Class Passenger
Member # 1609

posted 09-13-2001 08:29 AM      Profile for RuthPerk   Email RuthPerk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
I have been singing the chorus of Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" for the past 2 days. Here are the lyrics for all to enjoy:

If tomorrow all the things were gone I worked for all my life and I had to start again with just my children and my wife. I thank my lucky stars to be living here today cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away.

Chorus:
I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free and I won't forget the men how died who gave that right to me and I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God Bless the USA!

From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee, across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea from Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA well there's pride in every American heart and it's time that we stand and say that

Chorus:
I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free and I won't forget the men how died who gave that right to me and I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God Bless the USA!

If anyone is unfamiliar with this song, please email me (ruthperk_99@yahoo.com) and I'll send you the mp3 I have of this song.

I found out last night that there were also British, Australian, Japanese, Mexican, Irish, and South Korean citizens that died in this tragedy. This truly has been an attack on the entire world........

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: RuthPerk ]

Posts: 329 | From: Victor, NY, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
OCEANSDEVINE
First Class Passenger
Member # 2141

posted 09-13-2001 08:46 AM      Profile for OCEANSDEVINE   Email OCEANSDEVINE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post
TO All our international friends I'm from staten island, ny. we were in the shadow of the trade center here and now we are living many shadows and ghosts. it's been a few days to get on the computer. God Bless you for all your prayers. My children work in Manhattan (as many of us here on SI do especially lower Manhattan) they are alive. Praise God. My son got home yesterday from his job in the Guggenheim Museum in Greenwich Village. He came up from the subway to find everyone's eyes glued to the Towers and watched as the second plane hit. He had no words to describe. My daughter has been unable to come home because of her sensitive job with rescue efforts. She too saw the second tower. She told me that she's just blocking out the images of people jumping out of the higher floors. When she called me at 9:03 a.m. that morning she was hysterical and I turned on the tv to be hysterical with her. My husband teaches 4th grade here on SI and had to deal with children who had dads and moms with police department or worked in that area. Today he is bracing himself for the tears and fears. What I must say is right now I am proud of my husband and daughter who must touch so many lives and I am proud to be an American. My son left his job on the 49th floor of Tower 2 just seven months ago. He is very active now finding close friends who were in the building. I do know that God loves us but happy to hear that you do to. Right now we feel that lots of people hate us. Thank you for prayers and good wishes. We care about all of you too.
Posts: 146 | From: NEW YORK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.