- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Carnival Cruise Line said today that while rescue and remediation efforts continue in Baltimore Harbor following the collapse of the Key Bridge, it will temporarily move Carnival Legend’s Baltimore operations to Norfolk, Virginia. Carnival Legend is scheduled to return from its current voyage on Sunday, March 31. It will now return to Norfolk on Sunday, and guests will...

Latest News...Carnival Corporation & plc today announced it has signed an agreement with Meyer Werft shipyard for a fifth Excel-class cruise ship for its namesake Carnival Cruise Line brand, with the delivery set for 2028. In mid-February Carnival Corporation had announced the first newbuild order placed in five years with news that a fourth Excel-class ship would join the Carnival Cruise Line...

Latest News...Four Seasons, together with luxury yachting company Marc-Henry Cruise Holdings Ltd, Joint Owner/Operator, Four Seasons Yachts, and venerated Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri, continues to chart a new course of luxury at sea. As momentum builds towards the inaugural season of Four Seasons Yachts, the first 10 unique voyages are unveiled, each inviting travellers to make the iconic islands...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Ocean Liners and Classic Cruise Ships   » TITANIC Special Collectors Edition 3-Disc Set (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: TITANIC Special Collectors Edition 3-Disc Set
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 10-29-2005 10:11 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The new TITANIC 'Special Collectors Edition' 3-Disc Set comes with 45 minutes (29 deleted scenes) of never before seen footage of the movie. I was under the impression that the footage was added back into the movie to make it 'complete' like they did with the 'Extended Versions' of the 'Lord of the Rings' Trilogy Movies.

I had read on Amazon.com a review that stated that there was something called 'branching' that would allow you to view the movie as it was made(which is now stretched over 2 discs), or an extended version with the 29 deleted scenes restored back in the movie (similar to what was done on the 'Ray' DVD).

I am wrong in this? I have been combing the Menu of the DVD and see nothing that allows 'branching' but do see the 29 deleted scenes on Disc 3.

[ 10-29-2005: Message edited by: dmwnc1 ]

Posts: 5650 | From: Clarksburg WV | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 10-29-2005 01:07 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's odd, here in the UK we have the original one disc version, and we are about to get a two disc 'Special Collectors Edition' and a four disc 'Special Collectors Edition' , but not a three disc version?

[ 10-29-2005: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 10-29-2005 02:24 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The 4 disc Editon (Europe, Australia and Latin America) includes everything in the 2 (Europe, Australia and Latin America) & 3 (US, Japan, Korea) disc editions plus :-

""The Heart of the Ocean": HBO's First Look TV special takes a look at "TITANIC" before it became the largest floating vessel of the worldwide box-office that we know today

Three "TITANIC" Parodies: watch as the biggest film of all-time is spoofed in these three pieces

Trailers: a selection of trailers, including some never-before-aired or shown"

Get confusing, don't know why they bother with all the different ones for different areas.. an explanation of them all is at DVD Times.

Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 10-29-2005 04:45 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PamM:
Get confusing, don't know why they bother with all the different ones for different areas..

I'm still a bit confused?

To buy the 4 Disc version you would almost certainly be a fan. Now would a fan really want three "TITANIC" Parodies?

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 10-29-2005 07:14 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't Malcolm, but I know some film buffs, who would buy all the extra editions. MrP has more than one version of some films & when I dare comment that we already have that, the reply I get is 'but it hasn't got all the extra clips/trailers/deleted scenes' and so on. To me that sort of stuff is all nonsense. Just a way for the film companies to make more money by releasing the 'extras' at a later date.

I would not even buy an special edition Titanic, I have the VHS, nad standard DVD, that's plenty.

Pam

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 10-29-2005 07:51 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
...but I know some film buffs, who would buy all the extra editions.

I kind of understand that point of view, although it's not mine, but to want three TITANIC" Parodies seem odd to me.

DAMBROSI
First Class Passenger
Member # 100

posted 10-29-2005 11:15 PM      Profile for DAMBROSI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey Malcolm, here across the pond. Over a year ago, The Poseidon Adventure The Musical was put out....I did'nt get to see it, but I understand it was very good.
Also, I have a video a good friend of mine, Paul Wilson. I think he lives in Arizona. He did a whole parody of The Poseidon Adventure. He played all the characters in the movie. Absolutely hilarious.

Posts: 2554 | From: Florida, USA, Where the Legend SS NORWAY sailed from. Moving back to FL next yr. | Registered: May 99  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 10-29-2005 11:57 PM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wouldn't Malcolm, but I know some film buffs, who would buy all the extra editions. MrP has more than one version of some films & when I dare comment that we already have that, the reply I get is 'but it hasn't got all the extra clips/trailers/deleted scenes' and so on. To me that sort of stuff is all nonsense. Just a way for the film companies to make more money by releasing the 'extras' at a later date.

I would not even buy an special edition Titanic, I have the VHS, nad standard DVD, that's plenty.

Pam

I watched some of the deleted scenes today and they were indeed quite fascinating! Some of them filled gaps in between some of the scenes that you would have not thought about...or added a lot of dimension to the characters.

I guess the best way to do it is to watch the never before seen 29 deleted scenes all in a row, THEN watch the movie stretched out over the 2 discs, then the never before seen alternate ending.

Should be interesting...

[ 10-30-2005: Message edited by: dmwnc1 ]

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 10-30-2005 01:06 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
P.S.

Here is a link to amazon.com where one review wrote about all the extras and deleted scenes you'll find.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ANVQ0K/104-9965247-1455134?v=glance&n=130&s= dvd&v=glance

[ 10-30-2005: Message edited by: dmwnc1 ]

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 11-01-2005 02:51 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I watched all 29 deleted scenes (45+ minutes) and the alternate ending (9 minutes).

The 'deleted scenes' were almost like a mini-Titanic movie in itself. Lots of unknown relationships and twists. That was well worth the 17$ alone.

The alternate ending was WEIRD and I am not quite sure it would have liked it in the finished movie but it was interesting to see, and also worth the small investment of 17$.

PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 11-01-2005 03:46 AM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So you aren't going to tell us what the alternative ending is? Suppose I will have to buy the thing now; that's got my interest up, not the rest though.

Not a bad price here of £15.99 for 4 discs.

Pam

PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 11-01-2005 03:57 AM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dmwnc1:
The alternate ending was WEIRD

MrP's response when I just mentioned this to him..

"I thought it sank"

Pam

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 11-01-2005 04:37 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
So you aren't going to tell us what the alternative ending is? Suppose I will have to buy the thing now; that's got my interest up, not the rest though.

Not a bad price here of £15.99 for 4 discs.

Pam

Trust me...watching the 29 deleted scenes opens you up to seeing some new aspects of the people on the ship, extended chase scenes, and interaction of characters that had little or no show in the finalized movie. Watch them all in a row one straight after another, then watch the movie.

The altered ending (Disc 2 Menu) still involved Rose dying 'in a warm bed' as Jack said, with her pictures all around on the chest drawer top, and the descent to Titanic and the 'reunion' of her and Jack at the top of the Grand Staircase, but it was what happened that night at the back of the Keldysh that lead up to her throwing the diamond off the research vessel that was altered.

I wont tell any more...

[ 11-01-2005: Message edited by: dmwnc1 ]

Glencoe
First Class Passenger
Member # 1181

posted 11-10-2005 08:54 PM      Profile for Glencoe   Email Glencoe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One feature I rather liked was a short tour of the Titanic by a professional photographer for the Titanic Society, which was filmed during lunch hours and such on the movie sets. It shows the detail that went into the sets, and looks like it could actually be a film of the original Titanic. right down to the brass plate on the ship's wheel, and the maps in the chartroom, the 1st class dining room etc.
Posts: 41 | From: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
CGT
First Class Passenger
Member # 3531

posted 11-10-2005 11:16 PM      Profile for CGT        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dmwnc1:

Trust me...watching the 29 deleted scenes opens you up to seeing some new aspects of the people on the ship, extended chase scenes, and interaction of characters that had little or no show in the finalized movie. Watch them all in a row one straight after another, then watch the movie.

The altered ending (Disc 2 Menu) still involved Rose dying 'in a warm bed' as Jack said, with her pictures all around on the chest drawer top, and the descent to Titanic and the 'reunion' of her and Jack at the top of the Grand Staircase, but it was what happened that night at the back of the Keldysh that lead up to her throwing the diamond off the research vessel that was altered.

I wont tell any more...

[ 11-01-2005: Message edited by: dmwnc1 ]

Who cares just tell. Just put the words WARNING: SPOILER in bold face and all caps before you tell, and space down several returns....I want to know and I'm not going to run out and buy or rent the DVD to find out.

[ 11-10-2005: Message edited by: CGT ]

Posts: 2760 | From: New York, New York, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Brian_O
First Class Passenger
Member # 3910

posted 11-11-2005 12:04 AM      Profile for Brian_O     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One improvement over the original DVD release is that this release is anamorphic which means the image stored on the DVD has been compressed horizontally to 75% of its normal width. While this has no effect on the picture quality on a 4x3 tv, it usually results in a significantly sharper picture on a 16x9 widescreen TV.

Brian

[ 11-11-2005: Message edited by: Brian_O ]

Posts: 2698 | From: Pointe-Claire, QC Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 11-11-2005 01:23 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CGT:

Who cares just tell. Just put the words WARNING: SPOILER in bold face and all caps before you tell, and space down several returns....I want to know and I'm not going to run out and buy or rent the DVD to find out.

[ 11-10-2005: Message edited by: CGT ]

OK...here it is then.

WARNING: SPOILER for the altered ending to TITANIC...do not read if you want to watch it yourself.

SPOILER....SPOILER....SPOILER

It's night and the search for the diamond is over. Brock Lovett played by Bill Paxton is alone at the rails of the Keldysh with his cigar in hand that was to be used for the celebration if the diamond had been discovered. He is joined by Rose Dewitt Bukater's travelling companion Lizzy Calvert and she wants him to come join the big cookout and party now going up on deck, a celebration not for a found diamond, but that they are finally going back to their homes. Brock and Lizzy chat for a moment about the importance of the cigar, "Three years, I've thought of nothing except Titanic; but I never got it... I never let it in." Lizzy smilingly says she can be enticed to dance if the mood was right, and then the cigar goes in the water. Lizzy looks past Brock at the stern of the Keldysh to see Rose on the back rail in what looks to be a final dramatic suicide attempt. They race frantically to the back of the ship...

More to come tomorrow!

[ 11-12-2005: Message edited by: dmwnc1 ]

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 11-11-2005 09:38 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SPOILER CONTINUED....

SPOILER CONTINUED....

SPOILER CONTINUED....

Lizzy shouts "Nannah, NO!!!" as Brock and Lizzy reach the back of the ship. Rose turns at the sound of the approacing couple "Dont come any closer"...she holds the necklace out from her side and dangles it near the rails edge. Brock looks in disbelief "You had it ALL this time?". We flashback to Rose that night on the Carpathia's deck and the Statue of Liberty scene where she stands in the pouring rain and found the necklace in the coat..."The hardest thing about being so poor, was being so RICH, but everytime I thought of selling it, I though of Cal, and somehow I made it without his help".

Lewis (big guy with beard and ponytail that wore the Smiley t-shirt) proclaims "Holy Shit" as he and the expedition leader along with several other crew members catch up with the small crowd at the stern of the vessel and he glares at the necklace. She continues to dangle the necklace at the rails edge. Brock tells her "Look Rose, I dont know what to say to a woman who tries to jump off the Titanic when its not sinking, then jumps back on when it is"...Rose giggles innocently. Brock continues, "We're not dealing with logic here, I know that, but PLEASE, think about this for a second." Rose smiles "Oh, I have thought about this for years, and I've come all this way to put it back where it belongs". She begins to turn to toss the necklace in the ocean.

"WAIT" Brock shouts..."just let me hold it in my hand, PLEASE? Just once?" Rose hesitates, then sets the stone of the necklace gently in the palm of his hand..."You look for treasure in the wrong place Mr. Lovett, only LIFE is precious, and making each day count". Brock grips the necklace tighter and Rose gives him a look, and then he gently releases his grip as she slips the necklace from his hand. She flips the necklace over her shoulder and makes a funny noise of glee. Lewis races to the railing as the necklace hits the water and spirals out of sight..."THAT SUCKS LADY!!!". Brock begins to laugh, the crazy laugh of a man who finally gets what the whole story is about and laughs from the heart.

Brock now turns to Lizzy "Would you like to dance?", and they both laugh. The camera pans back to and past Rose and up to a starlit sky and fades to her asleep in her warm bed, surrounded by her pictures, and then the final descent to Titanic for her final reunion with her friends, loved ones, and Jack...

[ 11-12-2005: Message edited by: dmwnc1 ]

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 11-12-2005 03:48 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, CGT, what did you think of the spoiler?

Any other opinions on this altered ending?

PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 11-12-2005 04:01 AM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No.. I'm not reading it.. still awaiting for my copy to turn up

Pam

dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 11-12-2005 04:39 AM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
No.. I'm not reading it.. still awaiting for my copy to turn up

Pam

I SURE dont want to be the want to ruin it for you...I HATE when someone does that!

Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 11-12-2005 05:20 AM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The old B no Rose is a very loving person actually found here part one of the best of the whole movie. Together with the part of Molly Brown (Katy Bates on of my favorit actresses)

Of to the store i supose.

I'm the Queen of the wooooooooorld
Ben.

Posts: 4695 | From: Rotterdam home of the tss. Rotterdam. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
CGT
First Class Passenger
Member # 3531

posted 11-13-2005 11:31 PM      Profile for CGT        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh I don't think it is weird at all. Just a much longer, convoluted way of getting to what she did in the ending they did release with the final cut of the film. Perhaps a little too didactic too. I think they made the right choice with the ending they did use.

[ 11-13-2005: Message edited by: CGT ]

Posts: 2760 | From: New York, New York, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
davidhodges
Just Boarded
Member # 6056

posted 11-18-2005 10:04 AM      Profile for davidhodges   Email davidhodges   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
am i the only one who is a little confused

[ 11-18-2005: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Please do not include links to other forums in your posts. Thanks.

Posts: 3 | From: manchester | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
CGT
First Class Passenger
Member # 3531

posted 11-20-2005 11:01 PM      Profile for CGT        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by davidhodges:
am i the only one who is a little confused

Please do not include links to other forums in your posts. Thanks.

Scared of da competition?

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.