- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Cunard’s newest ship Queen Anne set sail for her homeport of Southampton after officially joining the luxury cruise line’s iconic fleet. Cunard took ownership of their stunning 3,000-guest ship during a traditional handover ceremony at the Fincantieri Marghera shipyard in Venice on Friday (19 April). Crowds joined together at the Fincantieri Marghera shipyard to wave an emotional goodbye...

Latest News...Carnival Cruise Line solidified its position as the leading cruise line in California on Wednesday as it christened its newest ship, Carnival Firenze, at its new home, the Long Beach Cruise Terminal. Hollywood actor Jonathan Bennett served as the ship's godfather, and he and Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy celebrated all things Italian with the help...

Latest News...Royal Caribbean Group last week reported first quarter Earnings per Share ("EPS") of $1.35 and Adjusted EPS of $1.77. These results were better than the company's guidance due to stronger pricing on close-in demand, strength in onboard revenue and favorable timing of expenses. As a result of an exceptional WAVE season and continued strength in demand, Royal Caribbean Group said that it is...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Lines   » Europeans, would you... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Europeans, would you...
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 11-25-2005 07:39 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
... cruise on Disney in the Med?

Yes or No and your reasons please.

[ 11-25-2005: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 11-25-2005 07:47 AM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No - I prefere other vessels in the Mediteranean. I would neverthless consider a Disney cruise out of interest - but preferably not in European waters.
Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
TBirdFrank
First Class Passenger
Member # 2280

posted 11-25-2005 08:10 AM      Profile for TBirdFrank     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry Malcolm the mouse disney appeal to me
Posts: 158 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
r.fiebig
First Class Passenger
Member # 5240

posted 11-25-2005 09:11 AM      Profile for r.fiebig   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Malcolm,

sure. I enjoy trying out "new" products ("new" means "new for me"). I had to "usual European reservations" against Carnival - and when I gave them a try I was very positively surprised about the quality of their product. While I'm not a Disney fan (too bad there is no Tom & Jerry cruise line ) I would certainly give their product a try. And doing so in the Mediterranean would be easier for me than doing so in the Caribbean.

Best,

Raoul

Posts: 775 | From: Paderborn, Germany | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sailor Sam
Just Boarded
Member # 5271

posted 11-25-2005 09:48 AM      Profile for Sailor Sam        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Europeans don't exist. We are Belgians, Frenchmen, Germans, etc. Nowhere else can you find such big differences in tastes and customs packed together on a relatively small surface.
That is our weakness and our strenght.

Posts: 7 | From: Antwerp, Belgium | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Clad
First Class Passenger
Member # 5691

posted 11-25-2005 11:50 AM      Profile for Clad     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I checked Disney's web pages first and the answer is clearly NO.
If invited for a weekend on a cruise to nowhere I might enjoy like a day in Disney World, but not as a real cruise.
Just the thought of returning e.g. from visiting one of the most revered sites of christianity or highlights of ancient cultures to be greeted by Mickey Mouse and to have the choice between "big screen plasma TVs tuned into ESPN" and "cadillac fins" with "personal listing stations" makes me shudder.

Posts: 14 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
mec1
First Class Passenger
Member # 4287

posted 11-25-2005 12:48 PM      Profile for mec1   Author's Homepage   Email mec1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wAIT TILL YOU TRY THE FOOD!
Posts: 1675 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 11-25-2005 12:49 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mec1:
wAIT TILL YOU TRY THE FOOD!

LOL - I know, actually this is not funny as soon as you are aboard and at sea....

Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 11-25-2005 04:23 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor Sam:
Europeans don't exist. We are Belgians, Frenchmen, Germans, etc. Nowhere else can you find such big differences in tastes and customs packed together on a relatively small surface.
That is our weakness and our strenght.

Agreed! So Brits, Belgians, French, Germen etc. would you cruise Disney inthe Med?

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Lux
First Class Passenger
Member # 5990

posted 11-25-2005 04:30 PM      Profile for Lux     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not unless it was ridiculously cheap, plus ex-uk&return.
It isn't anything to do with the -seemingly- emotive issue of food style. For the exploring Med ports I would prefer a small ship.

Lux

Posts: 65 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matts
First Class Passenger
Member # 4120

posted 11-25-2005 04:53 PM      Profile for Matts     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes - IF they were at their current US prices, which is about the same a s a regular european price cruise. Yes because I want to try the product, yes because I want to see the ship and I'd prefer to do it on a 2 night cruise to nowhere, which is just about enough to have an 'experience' in my humble opinion!
Posts: 829 | From: London, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 11-25-2005 04:58 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Matts:
Yes because I want to try the product..

With all due respect Matts, don't you wish to try EVERY ship in the world.

(There's nothing wrong with that ambition).

Matts
First Class Passenger
Member # 4120

posted 11-25-2005 05:01 PM      Profile for Matts     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:

With all due respect Matts, don't you wish to try EVERY ship in the world.

(There's nothing wrong with that ambition).

Of course. How else will I know which is my favourite

Posts: 829 | From: London, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sailor
First Class Passenger
Member # 4606

posted 11-25-2005 05:02 PM      Profile for Sailor   Email Sailor   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NO...for me I can`t relate Donald and Mickey to cruising, somehow it doesn`t fit the Hertigae found in European Ports.....neither can I imagine going on a McShip ...despite the fact that Swissair once had an MD80 holiday charter in cooperation with McD..incl. the Hamburgers!!
Posts: 38 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 11-25-2005 05:05 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would also do a 2 or 3 nighter to check out a vessel whatever it was, unless the price was extortionate... but that is entirely different from booking a week's cruise or longer for a vacation/holiday. I would not do the latter on Disney in the Med. My kids would like to try Disney, but their comment regarding the Med when I asked, was NO! From Florida or nothing. The 'nothing' is what they will get

Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 11-25-2005 05:13 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor:
NO...for me I can`t relate Donald and Mickey to cruising, somehow it doesn`t fit the Hertigae found in European Ports.....

I have the same feeling towards Carnival ships cruising in Alaska. Surely the internal decor is at odds with the natural beauty of Alaska?

[ 11-26-2005: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Pascal
First Class Passenger
Member # 5510

posted 11-26-2005 04:01 AM      Profile for Pascal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, No, No, I wouldn't cruise a Disney ship. Nothing against American ships as I would gladly try Celebrity, NCL, RCI or even Carnival. But a Disney ship, no thanks. I nearly comitted suicide visiting Disneyland Paris and I can't imagine being stuck on a ship one week with Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse. I'm sure they have great programs for kids, but as I don't have children, I really don't see any interest for this line. More over their fares seem completely overpriced.
Posts: 1371 | From: Aix en Provence | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 11-26-2005 06:52 AM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would only sail Disney fore there ships. I'm impressed by there sheer beauty of the vessels. They are really the most handsome of the modern cruise fleet.

And yes i'm wondering how the interior a/b the ships looks. Till date i have not seen good pictures of the interior.

Greetings Ben.

Posts: 4695 | From: Rotterdam home of the tss. Rotterdam. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
CGT
First Class Passenger
Member # 3531

posted 11-26-2005 11:27 PM      Profile for CGT        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PamM:
My kids would like to try Disney, but their comment regarding the Med when I asked, was NO! From Florida or nothing. The 'nothing' is what they will get

Pam

That's because they want to go to Walt Disney World too!

Posts: 2760 | From: New York, New York, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
CGT
First Class Passenger
Member # 3531

posted 11-26-2005 11:29 PM      Profile for CGT        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pascal:
No, No, No, I wouldn't cruise a Disney ship. Nothing against American ships as I would gladly try Celebrity, NCL, RCI or even Carnival. But a Disney ship, no thanks. I nearly comitted suicide visiting Disneyland Paris and I can't imagine being stuck on a ship one week with Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse. I'm sure they have great programs for kids, but as I don't have children, I really don't see any interest for this line. More over their fares seem completely overpriced.

Nearly comitted suicide? You should have! Disneyland Paris is the most beautiful Disney theme park ever built (well along with Tokyo DisneySea). NOBODY, I say again NOBODY builds theme parks as elaborately or with such attention to beautiful detail and creativity as Disney, that is why they are the best in the world!

Posts: 2760 | From: New York, New York, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pascal
First Class Passenger
Member # 5510

posted 11-27-2005 03:03 AM      Profile for Pascal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CGT I don't like theme parks, that's all. It's just a matter of taste. I recognize that Disney makes an excellent job in this buisness... but it's simply not for me. I'm aware being a weird person and I surely don't pretend detaining the absolute truth. I understand that most people would have a great time in this kind of resorts and I just say "good for you".
Posts: 1371 | From: Aix en Provence | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 11-27-2005 04:59 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CGT:
Disneyland Paris is the most beautiful Disney theme park ever built (well along with Tokyo DisneySea).

It has been suggested that the French staff at Disneyland Paris are not as good as those in America.

I've been to Disneyland (CA), Disneyworld (FL) and Disneyland Paris. The Paris one was certainly not as 'happy' as the American ones. It has nothing to do with architecture or facilities, it’s to do with staff and culture.

[ 11-27-2005: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

MOORHOUSE
First Class Passenger
Member # 5741

posted 11-27-2005 05:29 AM      Profile for MOORHOUSE        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have been to both the Paris and Florida parks, and can honestly say that they are totally different opperations. Disney World just has the wow factor that cannot be supplied in Paris IMHO.

Regarding cruising with Disney in the Med, I can honestly say I would love to.

I have to admit I am a big kid, and totally love the Disney approach to everything. The ships are getting quite old for such a premium service, so I would probably have to check out a recent review to see what they had to say about the condition of things now.

Anyway, an almost definate yes from me.

Posts: 81 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 11-27-2005 05:44 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the 'No's' are winning so far.
CGT
First Class Passenger
Member # 3531

posted 11-27-2005 10:17 AM      Profile for CGT        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:

It has been suggested that the French staff at Disneyland Paris are not as good as those in America.

I've been to Disneyland (CA), Disneyworld (FL) and Disneyland Paris. The Paris one was certainly not as 'happy' as the American ones. It has nothing to do with architecture or facilities, it’s to do with staff and culture.

[ 11-27-2005: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Actually Malcolm, the best staff is at Tokyo Disneyland. That park is also the best maintained, but DLP is the most beautiful of the "Castle" parks.

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.