- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Carnival Corporation today announced that 100% of its ships across the global fleet are equipped with Starlink's high-speed, low-latency global internet connectivity. The completed installation further enhances Carnival Corporation's onboard experience for its guests and crew to provide even faster service, greater capacity, and more reliable Wi-Fi on its fleet of 90-plus ships across its portfolio...

Latest News...Villa Vie Residences, a leading innovator in modern-day residential cruising, proudly announces the new Endless Horizons program, transforming the concept of retirement for adventurers who dream of traveling the world without the hassle of planning or ongoing expenses. With a one-time payment of $299,999 USD for single occupancy and $499,999 USD for double occupancy,...

Latest News...Setting sail today for her debut season from Southampton, Celebrity Cruises’ award-winning ship, Celebrity Apex, is turning heads as she becomes the first ship in the revolutionary Edge Series to call the United Kingdom home. Celebrity Apex will kick off her European season from Southampton with an eight-night Norwegian Fjords cruise. This serene sailing will visit idyllic locations...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Lines   » NCL: Freestyle Dining on flat-panel TVs

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NCL: Freestyle Dining on flat-panel TVs
bulbousbow
First Class Passenger
Member # 4440

posted 06-07-2005 03:51 AM      Profile for bulbousbow   Author's Homepage   Email bulbousbow   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
NCL will roll out a new feature to its Freestyle Dining program: flat-panel TVs around the ships that tell passengers how long the wait for dinner is at the vessel's restaurants. The restaurant names on-screen will be color-coded according to the number of diners and, if the eatery is full, how long the wait will be. Staff at each of the restaurants will be able to make reservations for guests at other restaurants. The system, which has been tested on the Norwegian Spirit, will officially debut on the Pride of America by the time the ship reaches Miami, and will roll out on the Norwegian Jewel and then the rest of the fleet, Veitch said.

Travel Weekly

Cheers

Posts: 6866 | From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Colin
First Class Passenger
Member # 1676

posted 06-07-2005 06:18 AM      Profile for Colin   Email Colin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And this is an improvement?
Posts: 283 | From: Inverness, Scotland | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 06-07-2005 08:20 AM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, in the old days no one had to wait around to get into the restaurants - you just showed up at your appointed time.

Now, with freestyle, people end up waiting at certain times. Most people consider waiting to be a bad thing. Does NCL attempt to solve the waiting problem? No, they turn it into a multi-media event.

What's next? Charging folks to watch (via in cabin flat-panel TV of course) passengers get treated at the clinic ?

Hooray for progress...

Joe at TravelPage.com

Posts: 29976 | From: Great Falls, Virginia | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Patrick
First Class Passenger
Member # 364

posted 06-07-2005 08:41 AM      Profile for Patrick     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shouldn't there be space for everybody with this freestyle concept ?? I thought, with all those restaurants, people would find a place in one of them at least - If now you have to wait to get some space this will again turn out in a "first come, first served" version...

How good the old traditions are, fixed tables, fixed waiters and no need to wait or to rush.

I'm happy that in Germany we have some vessels offering single seatings :-)

Freestyle for me ? No thanks !

Patrick

Posts: 1680 | From: OSC Luxembourg | Registered: Nov 98  |  IP: Logged
sunviking82
First Class Passenger
Member # 4930

posted 06-07-2005 09:35 AM      Profile for sunviking82     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The problem is that some resturants are more popular than others, just like on land. Some have waits and others do not. Princess experiment with multiple dining venues on the Diamond and Sapphire had the Sterling and Oriental (can't remember the name) with waits while the southwest and italian resturants were wide open. They are "experiementing" on these two ship with the same menu in all resturants right now. I believe they did not expect the waits to exceed 30 minutes in some cases. Personal Choice on Princess' other ships works because the menu is the same in all venues and at least 1/3 of the diners choice traditional dining. NCL doesn't have that option and waits occur.
Posts: 383 | From: Minneapolis Minnesota , USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Linerrich
First Class Passenger
Member # 4864

posted 06-07-2005 09:46 AM      Profile for Linerrich   Email Linerrich   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Shouldn't there be space for everybody with this freestyle concept ?? I thought, with all those restaurants, people would find a place in one of them at least - If now you have to wait to get some space this will again turn out in a "first come, first served" version...

Patrick

The problem occurs when almost half of the passengers want to eat early--the dining rooms open at 5:30pm, and by 6:15 they are filled with diners. That means if you show up around 6:30pm-7pm, there is a wait for "first seating" diners to finish and leave. Long lines through the elevator lobbies and up or down the stairs are the norm every evening.

Free-style dining implies that there is seating for everyone; there is, but not at the same time! NCL ships are not single-seating vessels. This happens frequently on the Princess ships, as well--you either get in early, or get in late. It's difficult to be seated at an "in-between" time.

Yes, there are plenty of dining venues on board, but several of them charge extra for meals, and a majority of passengers opt to dine in the regular dining rooms, which of course contributes to the congestion.

Rich

[ 06-07-2005: Message edited by: Linerrich ]

Posts: 4210 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 06-07-2005 03:03 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought for a moment that the title of this thread meant that NCL passengers were eating off flat-pannel TV's instead of plates!

quote:
Originally posted by joe at travelpage:
What's next? Charging folks to watch (via in cabin flat-panel TV of course) passengers get treated at the clinic ?

NCL are introducing in-cabin betting. You can bet in advance on which dining room will have the shortest waiting time.

The winner will get a guaranteed reservation at their chosen dining room.

[ 06-07-2005: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
mec1
First Class Passenger
Member # 4287

posted 06-07-2005 06:45 PM      Profile for mec1   Author's Homepage   Email mec1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Malcolm - Celebrity has had in room gambling for years....

I would really like to try freestyle - the flexibility and the ability to get as table for two or four or ten really appeals. I have only done this sort of dining before on small ships - Sea Goddess and Seabourn and Silversea - and I know that is different but I would like to try it out on a big modern ship - one of NCL's newbuilds....

Posts: 1675 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 06-07-2005 06:52 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mec1:
I would really like to try freestyle...

Me too! The only people that do not seem to like freestyle are people that have never trird it.

If you want to turn up each night at 8.30pm sharp, sit with the same companions, and wear your Tux you can!

If you don't, you have the flexibility.

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 06-07-2005 07:38 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:

Me too! The only people that do not seem to like freestyle are people that have never trird it.

Wrong Malcolm! I've tried it several times and it's not all it's cracked up to be. Waits to get your name on the list, then more waits once your name has been added. I did not find it very "free", that is for certain.

The process on Princess works much better, and Princess is a far better organized cruise line. Waits were minimal and the way everything was handled with taking reservations was light years ahead of NCL.

I might also add I have experienced open sitting dinner concepts on smaller ships, such as Silversea and there is no comparison.

The fact that NCL has to install flat screen panels around the ship to indicate waiting times should tell you something ..... there are going to be waits (especially at the "free" restaurants", and long waits at certain times. Tables for two will take longer and you might be directed to another dining room. Frankly these are things I don't need to worry about while on vacation. The concept sounds great but the execution and reality once onboard is something totally different.

Ernie

ps - Malcolm, I'm surprised you of all people are interested in the concept. It's designed to push people towards the "fee based" restaurants, where you rarely have to wait.

Posts: 7046 | From: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
BigUFan
First Class Passenger
Member # 1382

posted 06-07-2005 07:49 PM      Profile for BigUFan   Author's Homepage   Email BigUFan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is NCL for real? I'm beginning to question their judgement. I question the mental integrity of the line's leadership. This development is really gimmicky.

What other lows can NCL step down to? Let's see. Oh here's a great one: let's take the Princess idea of overselling everything but the kitchen sink and make it truly obnoxious by using those same flat-panel tv's to advertise what they're overselling. What? Oh, darn. They already thought of it; it's coming out on the Jewel.

Posts: 904 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 06-07-2005 08:00 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It all depends on if you wish to dine at the same time as everyone else. On 3 NCL cruises I have had to wait twice... once for 5 minutes and once for 2 minutes. Hardly a big deal when numerous times in the US we have been told an hour or more for a table, and have to have a pager.

We eat early between 6 & 6.30. have had tables for 2, for 4, joined others, and booked tables in the speciality restaurants, where if you are seated before 6.30 it's half price [or was, not sure if it's still the same].

On any vacation one has to decide where to eat in the evening. what's the difference with NCL... one can traipse round numerous land eateries trying to find somewhere that can sit you within an hour, been there done that and ended up at a Wendy's as Dave had to eat. Many places do not take bookings and on land it's not always possible to know at what time you will be ready to eat.

I have had no problems with NCL.. nor with dining times on any ship. MrP way prefers Freestyle over Trad dining, I don't care which it is. I have had better food on NCL than Cunard and vice versa. In fact I have come to the conclusion that any ship offers far superior food and service to comparable standard land eateries, yet people moan about them non-stop. Why?

Pam..

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 06-07-2005 08:27 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PamM:
It all depends on if you wish to dine at the same time as everyone else. On 3 NCL cruises I have had to wait twice... once for 5 minutes and once for 2 minutes. Hardly a big deal when numerous times in the US we have been told an hour or more for a table, and have to have a pager.

You don't ever have to wait to eat in the UK? Just in the US huh? Maybe restaurants in the UK aren't worth waiting for? Just kidding ... but I don't understand the relevance of having to wait to eat dinner at a popular restaurant in a US city has to do with NCL?

Anyway, I tend to eat later, around 8 to 8:30. Onboard my last NCL cruise this meant waiting 10-15 minutes to even get my name on the list, then waiting another 20-45 minutes to actually get a table. This was EVERY night of the cruise. Of course you have to wait in the general area with everyone else since they don't give you a pager. If you want a table for two (which I often do), then expect to wait longer. Granted this was on a ship not specifically designed for "Freestyle", but that shouldn't be my problem since NCL advertised the "Freestyle" concept for this ship.

On NORWEGIAN STAR, a ship designed for "Freestyle", my partner Christopffre and I finally gave up on waiting for the "free" restaurants and ended up eating in the most expensive restaurant on the ship. It was ok, but nothing all that memorable. I certainly wasn't embracing "Freestyle" cruising at the time, and it felt a lot more like "Fee-style" cruising. Mind you this was a "shakedown" cruise for NORWEGIAN STAR but how many excuses can I keep making for NCL?

"Personal Choice" cruising on Princess is another ballgame all-together. Talk about a company that has really put some thought into the "anytime dining" process. While you don't always get a table right away, the entire process from taking your name to getting a table is handled with true professionalism. This was NOT my experience on NCL.

I'm glad others have had better experiences on NCL. I will probably give them one more shot with a Caribbean cruise on NORWEGIAN JEWEL. This ship should offer the very best of everything NCL has to offer and stands for. This will make cruise number #11 on NCL, and hopefully a better experience than the last few cruises have been on the line.

Ernie

ps - let's face it, if there were no waits for dinner and some passenger frustration involved, there would be no need for these "flat screen" panels. I can assure you they will recommend the "fee" based restaurants 90% of the time with no waits!

[ 06-07-2005: Message edited by: eroller ]

PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 06-07-2005 08:59 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by eroller:
[QB]You don't ever have to wait to eat in the UK? Just in the US huh? Maybe restaurants in the UK aren't worth waiting for? Just kidding ... but I don't understand the relevance of having to wait to eat dinner at a popular restaurant in a US city has to do with NCL?

It has got nothing to do with UK dining.. I purely referred to a US land restaurant as an example as the majority of the pax aboard are used to dining in the US, and would know of nothing else. Had I used the UK as an example then someone would have shouted about the UK having no relevance. It doesn't, and no I do not wait for a table in the UK, I book one... even in the US some of the better places don't take bookings. If I go somewhere in the UK where there isn't a booking system, I have never waited more than 10 minutes.. of course this will no doubt vary from area to area and I expect one may well have to wait in the cities.

The point is, why do people complain at having to wait 30 mins for a table when that can well be the norm anywhere else.

You got a rum deal, we never had to put our name on a list. If it happened every night then you could have pre booked. You could have had the same table every night at the same time with the same waiter.

When having a table for 2, it was no more of a problem, for us. N Dream is not as good as those designed for Freestyle, the Sports Bar is awful, but for evening dining it gave us no problem.

If I were you with the bad experiences I wouldn't bother trying another NCL cruise as I would have a bad taste to start with and the cruise would not be as enjoyable. Why bother going. We have had great NCL cruises and would sail them anytime. For the price one does not expect 5* service... for other more expensive cruises one does.

Dining and service at sea is still far far better value than on land, and so can those tiny bathrooms be

Flat screen panels with car park 'full' etc and ride waiting times are common place.. just think of Disney... . Universal et all .. so a board with dining times is nothing, as I guess most will say Nil except between peak hours.

Pam

Beezo
First Class Passenger
Member # 1505

posted 06-07-2005 09:11 PM      Profile for Beezo   Author's Homepage   Email Beezo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't understand why so many people are bashing this idea...i honestly would not be suprised at all if other lines follow this system in the coming years. It adds convenience to choosing where you would like to eat. I personally am NOT a fan of traditional dining...growing up we at dinner later, but not as late as 8 O'clock. For the first seating, im not hungry, for the last seating, im starving. But thats just me personally. If I am getting ready to go eat with my family, OBVIOUSLY I am going to want to know what I will be expecting at each restaurant. It is just like how it is here in the US sometimes...we don't go to a restaurant if the wait is to long and it is not your top choice, if you want to go there, you wait. If you choose to wait, then obviously there is something to like about it... Also, there is no mega-ship off the top of my head that can accomodate every passenger onboard (full ship) at once.

~Brian

Posts: 865 | From: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 06-07-2005 09:53 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree Brian...
Wouldn't it amusing if a large flat screen TV was stuck outside a main mall in some city with a list of the local eateries, showing their waiting times It would save a lot of driving around!

Pam

eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 06-07-2005 10:03 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PamM:

If I go somewhere in the UK where there isn't a booking system, I have never waited more than 10 minutes.. of course this will no doubt vary from area to area and I expect one may well have to wait in the cities.

The point is, why do people complain at having to wait 30 mins for a table when that can well be the norm anywhere else.

I guess you are lucky not ever having to wait more than 10 minutes in the UK for a table. I can only speak for London and Manchester, but my experience has been different. I have most certainly waited more than 10 minutes for a table in both cities ... with and without reservations. You know what, I didn't mind one bit just as don't in the US. The reason ... it's usually a fine dining establishment with excellent atmosphere and service. Not a giant dining "hall" that serves mediocre banquet food the masses. I certainly wouldn't wait 45 minutes to eat at my local banquet hall, so why should I on NCL?

quote:

If it happened every night then you could have pre booked. You could have had the same table every night at the same time with the same waiter.

Well, I guess this would have defeated the whole idea of "freestyle dining". I thought the premise was to eat when you wanted, with whom you wanted, and where you wanted? If I reserved the same table and time every night, then why book Freestyle to begin with? Unfortunately, my Freestyle experience came with many restrictions. I couldn't eat when I wanted (without a 40 minute wait), or where I wanted (often I was directed to the "other" restaurant), or with whom I wanted (often it was "suggested" that I forgo the table for 2 in order to expedite a table).

quote:

If I were you with the bad experiences I wouldn't bother trying another NCL cruise as I would have a bad taste to start with and the cruise would not be as enjoyable. Why bother going.

Well, thankfully I'm not so old and set in my ways that I can't overlook flaws and give second (and third) chances. God knows I would have never sailed on QM2 had I not given Cunard another chance following a sub-standard QE2 experience. I also like trying the latest ships that a cruise line has to offer. Call it a hobby of mine. It keeps me up to speed on how the cruise lines are evolving and competing with each other. I can take a 7-day Caribbean cruise on JEWEL fairly inexpensively. Even if I don't like the dining arrangements I can enjoy a beautiful new ship sailing in warm Caribbean waters. I've never met a cruise I didn't like .... I just like some more than others. Worse case scenario, I spend a little extra and eat at Cagney's or Le Bistro every night. Actually that wouldn't be such a bad idea.

quote:

Flat screen panels with car park 'full' etc and ride waiting times are common place.. just think of Disney... . Universal et all .. so a board with dining times is nothing, as I guess most will say Nil except between peak hours.

Pam

Theme parks I can understand. A so-called luxury cruise I'm not so sure about. In any case, I will try JEWEL first hand so my future observations can be based on the very latest and best NCL has to offer.

Ernie

[ 06-07-2005: Message edited by: eroller ]

empressport
First Class Passenger
Member # 2511

posted 06-07-2005 10:09 PM      Profile for empressport     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:

If you want to turn up each night at 8.30pm sharp, sit with the same companions, and wear your Tux you can!

If you don't, you have the flexibility.

Tried it - Hated It.

Posts: 464 | From: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 06-07-2005 10:17 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Beezo:
I don't understand why so many people are bashing this idea...i honestly would not be suprised at all if other lines follow this system in the coming years.

I absolutely think other lines will follow, not that I think this is a good thing. I mentioned this on another thread regarding Carnival's Pinnacle Project. As cruise ships become larger and larger, more innovative solutions must be forthcoming in regards to passenger flow and crowd control. I wouldn't be surprised if Pinnacle Project is the first Carnival ship to introduce a "freestyle" concept of dining. I think it's a matter of necessity more than anything. There are restrictions on just how large a lounge/public space can be, and a 5000 passenger ship won't be able to have a dining room that can accommodate 2500 passengers (half the ship) at one sitting. There will have to be multiple choices for both dining and entertainment in order to prevent 2500 passengers from trying to get to the same place at the same time.

Ernie

Deck 9 001
First Class Passenger
Member # 1716

posted 06-08-2005 12:52 AM      Profile for Deck 9 001     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here in Asia it is pretty much the same.
All of Stars' ships are "freestyle" and the big crush is when the doors first open for dinner at about 6:00pm. Seems like every pax aboard is heading aft to either of the two dining venues. Sometimes I wonder how the bow of the ship is still in the water with every pax at the aft at the same time! Forget trying to get a table then in any outlet. But they will put your name on a list if you choose. Usually the wait is not too long as Asians eat fairly quickly and do not linger at the tables, although there are exceptions. The rush to the casino is far more important.

I generally dine around 10:00--10:30pm on land.
Aboard Gemini, for example, the dining venues close at 9:00pm.
If I show up about 8:45pm I mostly have the whole dining room or buffet restaurant to myself. Usually can have my favorite table in Ocean Palace at the large aft windows overlooking the wake.
Alternatively, I can choose Mariner's Buffet and opt to sit out on deck and enjoy my meal with some other like minded pax.
Works for me!

Regards,
Mike---still in TaiShan

Posts: 939 | From: Taipei, Taiwan (originally New York) | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
bulbousbow
First Class Passenger
Member # 4440

posted 06-08-2005 01:59 AM      Profile for bulbousbow   Author's Homepage   Email bulbousbow   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Malcolm wrote:
I thought for a moment that the title of this thread meant that NCL passengers were eating off flat-pannel TV's instead of plates!

I was waiting for that!

This whole concept of having flat-panel TVs displaying (announcing) availability of tables is ridiculous. Could that be construed as patronizing? That's my opinion anyway.

Cheers

Posts: 6866 | From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
scorpio
First Class Passenger
Member # 1245

posted 06-08-2005 03:52 AM      Profile for scorpio     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Princess offer a choice of Freestyle or Formal dining, but if you book your cruise late, all of the formal tables in both sittings are booked so Freestyle is the only option. Fortunately you can pre-book your table size and time in advance for each night.
Posts: 92 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.