- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Oceania Cruises today announced its newest ship Allura will enter service one week earlier than scheduled. Due to join the fleet in summer 2025, her inaugural sailing will now depart Trieste, Italy, on July 18, 2025, cruising six days to Athens, Greece, calling at gems in the Eastern Mediterranean including Rijeka, Croatia; Ravenna, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; and Kotor, Montenegro...

Latest News...Carnival Cruise Line expects Carnival Pride to resume sailing from the Port of Baltimore on May 26, continuing the cruise line’s year-round homeport schedule.Carnival Pride is expected to arrive in Baltimore on May 26, following a week-long cruise that embarked in Norfolk, Va., where Carnival temporarily moved its Baltimore operations after the collapse of the Key Bridge...

Latest News...For the first time ever, Celebrity Edge, the ship that introduced the revolutionary outward-facing design, calls Alaska home for the summer. Today, Celebrity Edge will embark on her maiden sailing roundtrip from Seattle on a seven-night Dawes Glacier itinerary with stops in Juneau, Ketchikan, and Skagway. Through its unique outward facing design, Celebrity Edge will offer guests...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Lines   » Cunard/RCI Battle For Largest Ship (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Cunard/RCI Battle For Largest Ship
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 06-04-2005 11:23 AM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From the Southern Daily Echo:

Date Published: Saturday 04 June 2005

Size does matter!
by Keith Hamilton

An extraordinary battle has broken out between the two giants of the cruising industry to see which holds the crown of the biggest vessel afloat.

And Southampton ship-watchers are going to get a front seat view in this battle of the heavyweights.

At present the city's luxury liner Queen Mary 2 - owned by Cunard - is officially the world's largest passenger liner.

However, she is set to lose her crown when rival Royal Caribbean International's Freedom of the Seas takes to the water for the first time in May 2006.

Not to be outdone, Cunard bosses are drawing up plans for a mega cruise ship that would dwarf them both.

The project - codenamed Operation Pinnacle - is being designed at the UK headquarters of the Carnival Corporation, which owns Cunard, in Town Quay, Southampton.

It is likely that the new ship would be almost a third bigger than Freedom of the Seas and capable of taking up to 5,000 passengers.

Carnival Corporation chairman Micky Arison is unwilling to divulge any more information about the proposed new ship but it is clear that his company is jealously guarding its crown of biggest liner on the seas.

A Cunard spokesman said: "QM2 is a true liner as opposed to a cruise ship and on that basis she will still be the biggest in the world. The Cunard flagship can do many things others can only dream about, such as operating a regular transatlantic service between Southampton and New York.

"Together with Queen Elizabeth 2, Cunard still has the most famous vessels in the world.''

QM2, which arrived in Southampton on Boxing Day 2003, is the largest, tallest, widest and most expensive passenger liner in history, capable of accommodating 2,620 paying passengers.

It is longer - the length of 41 double-decker buses - but narrower than Freedom of the Seas. Both weigh the equivalent of about 375 jumbo jets.

Freedom of the Seas, which is expected in Southampton in May next year, is billed as a vast floating resort, complete with water park, ice rink and rock climbing wall.

One of her most amazing features will be two huge hot tubs that will be cantilevered from the sides of the ship and suspended 112 feet above the waves.

Freedom of the Seas, which will be permanently based in America and undertake Caribbean itineraries, will be able to accommodate up to 3,600 passengers including a Presidential Suite with room for 14 people in four bedrooms and four bathrooms.

Royal Caribbean International boss Richard Fain said: "Freedom of the Seas will be the most head-turning, most innovative and most forward-looking ship in the cruise industry.

"Its name was chosen deliberately to convey the enormity of features and amenities offered on this extraordinary ship."

Posts: 2023 | From: Hythe, Hants | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
vikingcrown
First Class Passenger
Member # 3437

posted 06-04-2005 11:40 AM      Profile for vikingcrown     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just what we need - a 5000 passenger ship!
Posts: 341 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 06-04-2005 12:31 PM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will be interesting to see if this ever becomes a reality (and what they call it!). What's next from RCI? A 10,000 pax ship? Though I quite like the sound of that Presidential Suite on Freedom, but not the hot tub 112ft (whatever that is in metres it's still too high) above the sea.
marco g
First Class Passenger
Member # 5602

posted 06-04-2005 02:53 PM      Profile for marco g     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know if it is right to build a ship with a capacity of nearly 5000 passengers, would it ever be fully booked?? And how small will the cabins be? I mean, a ship like the QM2, which has the same size like FOTS, took nearly half the passengers and the smallest cabins are 18 sqm, so the cabins of FOTS must be 10 sqm small to took 5000 people

IMO, size isn't the important thing of a ship. Look at Voyager of the Seas, she once was the biggest ship in the world, and i never heard things about her in TV. It is simply the fact that QM2 is the first real liner till 40 years, the decent luxury, the fascination of a liner and the fact that she isn't one of those white, overloaded apartment blocks, which makes QM2 so popular.

I think, the maximum is reached with FOTS, the cruise lines should concentrate on building beautiful, smaller ships.

greetings

marco

[ 06-04-2005: Message edited by: marco g ]

Posts: 33 | From: Germany | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 06-04-2005 03:04 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by marco g:
I don't know if it is right to build a ship with a capacity of nearly 5000 passengers, would it ever be fully booked??

They would not build it if they could not fill it. RCI manage to fill 14(ish) ships every week, five of them are Voyager class in the carib.

And how small will the cabins be? I mean, a ship like the QM2, which has the same size like FOTS, took nearly half the passengers and the smallest cabins are 18 sqm, so the cabins of FOTS must be 10 sqm small to took 5000 people.

Big ships do not have smaller cabins; it does not work like that! In fact cabins are getting bigger.

IMO, size isn't the important thing of a ship. Look at Voyager of the Seas, she once was the biggest ship in the world, and i never heard things about her in TV.

I agree, but more passengers cruise each week on the five Voyagers than in the QM2. QM2 has certainly captured the headlines, but the Voyagers pull in the crowds.

I think, the maximum is reached with FOTS, the cruise lines should concentrate on building beautiful, smaller ships.

I'd certainly like to see more smaller ships in addition to the giant ones. However, I'm not sure there is a size limit. Every time they build the 'biggest' people say it's too big, then it becomes a runaway success, and they build a bigger one!

[ 06-04-2005: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 06-04-2005 03:10 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vikingcrown:
Just what we need - a 5000 passenger ship!

I think the cruising public need it - just watch the flood of bookings when she enters service. Just watch the number of post about her here.

Patsy said: It will be interesting to see if this ever becomes a reality (and what they call it!).

There has already been much talk about Carnival's (not Cunard's) Pinnacle Project . It's going to happen. I think QM2 designer, Stephen Payne is involved?

[ 06-04-2005: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Panos
First Class Passenger
Member # 1022

posted 06-04-2005 03:12 PM      Profile for Panos     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Interesting

But what about safety?

Yes, it is the case that the larger the ship becomes the more "means for emergency" she has but I think that a capacity of 5000 would hinder safety in case of emergency.

Imagine how many rescuers will be required, how would it be made possible to rescue so many people withing resticted time limits?

Posts: 443 | From: Cyprus | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Waynaro
First Class Passenger
Member # 3484

posted 06-04-2005 05:31 PM      Profile for Waynaro   Email Waynaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't imagine any ship bigger than QM2 and FREEDOM of the SEAS....It was only a decade ago when Princess introduced their SUN-class ships which were the largest cruise ships in the world at ~ 78,000 tons; then followed by CARNIVAL DESTINY (101,000 tons!) a year later!

Maybe it will take a "disasterous accident" before cruise lines stop building jumbo ships..

[ 06-04-2005: Message edited by: Keitaro ]

Posts: 6108 | From: Vallejo,CA : California Maritime Academy!!! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
lasuvidaboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4527

posted 06-04-2005 05:55 PM      Profile for lasuvidaboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From what I have read the mega ships of over 100,000 tons do not burn that much more fuel at 20 knots than a cruise ship of say 50,000 tons. The logical step for the cruise lines is to keep building bigger as it is less expensive to operate huge ships carrying 3-4 thousand passengers compared to a ship of say 40,000 tons carrying 1500 passengers. Five thousand passengers along with crew is literally a small town at sea.
Posts: 7654 | From: Hollywood Hills/L.A. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Linerdan
First Class Passenger
Member # 4719

posted 06-04-2005 06:04 PM      Profile for Linerdan   Email Linerdan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gday all......

Has anyone seen any renderings on what these new so called giants will look like?.
Thanks Linderdan

Posts: 397 | From: Australia.....NSW......Jervis Bay | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
lasuvidaboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4527

posted 06-04-2005 06:16 PM      Profile for lasuvidaboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Linerdan:
Gday all......

Has anyone seen any renderings on what these new so called giants will look like?.
Thanks Linderdan

Freedom looks like a slightly longer Voyager Class ship. From the renderings, they will look virtually the same to the average cruise passenger. There have been a few renderings of the Carnival ship but I cannot locate them. To me, most cruise ships look the same today-a short bow followed by multiple decks of verandahs and ending with a chopped-off unattractive square stern. Not terribly beautiful or exciting to me at least.

Posts: 7654 | From: Hollywood Hills/L.A. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Linerdan
First Class Passenger
Member # 4719

posted 06-04-2005 06:28 PM      Profile for Linerdan   Email Linerdan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks lasuvidaboy
I guess i should of known better that it would just be another block of flats with more people.
I was just hoping something more traditional and eye appealing was on the drawing boards
Regards Linerdan.

Posts: 397 | From: Australia.....NSW......Jervis Bay | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 06-04-2005 06:33 PM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree with Malcolm about smaller ships. After all, in Cunard's heyday, they had varying sizes operating out of Liverpool and Southampton. Though the only thing that puzzles me about this is why Cunard? I'd have thought if anyone went for the 'bigger one', it would be Carnival themselves.

And with ships getting bigger what does everyone think the likelihood of Liverpool's large cruise ship call visions are (QM2 and Grand Princess have been mentioned)? My dad's from Liverpool and thinks they're deluding themselves.

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 06-04-2005 06:50 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patsy:
Though the only thing that puzzles me about this is why Cunard? I'd have thought if anyone went for the 'bigger one', it would be Carnival themselves.

The Pinnacle project is Carnival's. Read the report carefully:

Not to be outdone, Cunard bosses are drawing up plans for a mega cruise ship that would dwarf them both.

The report says 'Cunard Bosses' which are 'Carnival'. I suppose they put it this way because not so many Brits have heard of Carnival, but many know Cunard. In addition Cunard/Princess/Carnival - there is a big overlap of staff these days.

And with ships getting bigger what does everyone think the likelihood of Liverpool's large cruise ship call visions are..

As cruising continues to grow in the UK, I think many of the UK's passenger ports which fell on lean times with the seath of the Ocean Liner will grow once again, including Liverpool.

Atlcruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4586

posted 06-04-2005 06:50 PM      Profile for Atlcruiser   Email Atlcruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Pinnacle rumor has been around now for a while. It is doubtful that it will go to Cunard but more along the lines of Carnival to compete head on with RCI.

Knowing Carnival it will just be a larger version of the chopped up Conquest class. Carnival seems to have a hard time coming up with something innovative or new. Also 5000 passengers is not that much of a difference than the Conquest class which holds 3700 when all berths are full. Talk about crowded you have it on this ship as I have experienced first hand. One of the worst designed ships afloat IMHO.

My problem with carrying this many passengers is how will the crew handle an evacuation of over 5000 passengers in an emergency? How fast and safely can they get it done? I think that it's time for the Coast Guard to step in and say enough is enough and place a limit on the number of passengers.

I for one have no plans to cruise on anything that large. I do have to say that I love the Voyager class from RCI. Not a crowded feeling at all.

Gordon

[ 06-04-2005: Message edited by: Atlcruiser ]

[ 06-04-2005: Message edited by: Atlcruiser ]

Posts: 916 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 06-04-2005 07:05 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atlcruiser:
My problem with carrying this many passengers is how will the crew handle an evacuation of over 5000 passengers in an emergency?

I’m very reluctant to say a ship is ‘too big’. After all what size is too big? Is 2000 passengers O.K? How about 2500 or 3000? I really could not define a limit.

The key is good design. Some small ships which only carry 500 passengers can feel very crowded; others that carry 2500 can feel very spacious.

The same applies to safety. I think that is a matter of good design, good crew training and passengers who take the drills seriously.

Steve Read (sread)
First Class Passenger
Member # 788

posted 06-04-2005 08:49 PM      Profile for Steve Read (sread)   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Read (sread)   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If it goes ahead, I wonder what time the last suitcase will be delivered to the cabins. Three days into the cruise, I expect.

And imagine the queues at check-in ...

Posts: 926 | From: Locksbottom, Kent, England | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 06-04-2005 09:19 PM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sread:
If it goes ahead, I wonder what time the last suitcase will be delivered to the cabins. Three days into the cruise, I expect.

And imagine the queues at check-in ...

Exactly. If they ever build a ship that size it will overwhelm the ports it visits and I just don't believe you can have 5,000 people on a ship without having people tripping over each other.

Joe at TravelPage.com

Posts: 29976 | From: Great Falls, Virginia | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
vikingcrown
First Class Passenger
Member # 3437

posted 06-04-2005 10:52 PM      Profile for vikingcrown     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will take a financial disaster before the lines stop building mega mega mega ships. How do they possibly plan to fill 5,000 berths on one voyage. Lines have a hard enough time filling just 2,000. Stop the madness!
Posts: 341 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Waynaro
First Class Passenger
Member # 3484

posted 06-05-2005 12:09 AM      Profile for Waynaro   Email Waynaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by joe at travelpage:

Exactly. If they ever build a ship that size it will overwhelm the ports it visits and I just don't believe you can have 5,000 people on a ship without having people tripping over each other.

Joe at TravelPage.com

Agree Joe, and also I doubt many ports of call/ports facilities can handle such monsters!

Posts: 6108 | From: Vallejo,CA : California Maritime Academy!!! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 06-05-2005 09:25 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by joe at travelpage:
If they ever build a ship that size it will overwhelm the ports it visits and I just don't believe you can have 5,000 people on a ship without having people tripping over each other.

I hate to disagree with the boss, but I must!

I’m neither pro or anti a 5000 person ship, but I do think it is very possible. Many of us mocked the Destiny class, the Grand Princess, Voyager and QM2, at the time. I remember many of us commenting how Cunard would ever fill all of those QM2 cabins, well they appear to be doing so.

Many ports already receive say six ships, with 2000 plus passengers each. That's more than two 'Pinnacles'. As long as limits are set, the problem of overcrowded islands/ports should not get any worse than it is now. Of course the ship itself should become the destination.

Passenger space onboard will be determined by the ships design. I recall Ernie saying that the 'Voyager' class for example, was well designed, with few bottle necks compared to many smaller ships which carry a lot less people.

Suit case delivery will depend on the number crew, the ships design and the ports embarkation facilities. Lines at the check-ins are often due to inefficient systems which are very manual. There are often simply not enough check-in desks, too. All of this could be put right with good design and adequate staffing.

Of course I do agree, that if they do NOT get the design and all of the logistics right, that will equal ‘maritime gridlock’.

[ 06-05-2005: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 06-05-2005 09:29 AM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I personally hate the idea of a ship for 5000 people.

BUT there are ports which can handle 5000 passengers a day and there are also itineries where such a ship could be filled ->

What is the difference for a port between two ships with 2500 passengers in port at the same time - and this already exists - and one ship for 5000 ? Also some of these ships do the same itinery in paralell. So from that point of view it would not make much difference - only the operator of the ship(s) could save money, as the per passengers costs are probably lower for a bigger ship.

Again: I personally hate this idea, and I find some of the already existing ship too big. Also, there are other restrictions which make it difficult or not reasonable to build such a big ship today.

Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 06-05-2005 09:36 AM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keitaro:
Agree Joe, and also I doubt many ports of call/ports facilities can handle such monsters!

This is precisely the question I was asking about Liverpool since it has the bar, locks, and needs more dredging than most and why my dad (whose father and one of his brothers worked in the docks there in the heyday of ocean travel) thinks all their bragging in the local papers about getting these big ships won't happen. As far as he can see, they can build whatever they like to try and accommodate them but for 90% of the year the facilities will be lying idle for cruise ships. He'd love to see Liverpool have a resurgance as much as anyone but is doubtful, in this day and age with all their drawbacks, they will. London's never recovered and that too used to be a main port, and that's more convenient for the fjords and other places.

Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 06-05-2005 09:42 AM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patsy:
Though the only thing that puzzles me about this is why Cunard? I'd have thought if anyone went for the 'bigger one', it would be Carnival themselves.

The Pinnacle project is Carnival's. Read the report carefully:

The report says 'Cunard Bosses' which are 'Carnival'. I suppose they put it this way because not so many Brits have heard of Carnival, but many know Cunard. In addition Cunard/Princess/Carnival - there is a big overlap of staff these days.

And with ships getting bigger what does everyone think the likelihood of Liverpool's large cruise ship call visions are..

As cruising continues to grow in the UK, I think many of the UK's passenger ports which fell on lean times with the seath of the Ocean Liner will grow once again, including Liverpool.

I do know Cunard are Carnival, which is more than a lot of the general public do from listening to them chatting away as if they're the fount of all knowledge (they don't even know P&O and Princess were the same company or that they're now also owned by Carnival). If the ship will be Carnival, it should just say that in the piece to avoid confusing people like me. LOL! Well we'll have to see if this monster ever gets built - and floats!

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 06-05-2005 10:15 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patsy:
LOL! Well we'll have to see if this monster ever gets built - and floats!

The Pinnacle project WILL be built, it's Carnival's turn to outdo RCI's 'Freedom of the Seas' project. The only question is how big will she be and when wll she be built. There was talk of 2008 at the earliest.

See this from March: Pinnacle

[ 06-05-2005: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.