- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Carnival Corporation today announced that 100% of its ships across the global fleet are equipped with Starlink's high-speed, low-latency global internet connectivity. The completed installation further enhances Carnival Corporation's onboard experience for its guests and crew to provide even faster service, greater capacity, and more reliable Wi-Fi on its fleet of 90-plus ships across its portfolio...

Latest News...Villa Vie Residences, a leading innovator in modern-day residential cruising, proudly announces the new Endless Horizons program, transforming the concept of retirement for adventurers who dream of traveling the world without the hassle of planning or ongoing expenses. With a one-time payment of $299,999 USD for single occupancy and $499,999 USD for double occupancy,...

Latest News...Setting sail today for her debut season from Southampton, Celebrity Cruises’ award-winning ship, Celebrity Apex, is turning heads as she becomes the first ship in the revolutionary Edge Series to call the United Kingdom home. Celebrity Apex will kick off her European season from Southampton with an eight-night Norwegian Fjords cruise. This serene sailing will visit idyllic locations...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Lines   » NCL BUYS UNITED STATES AND INDEPENDENCE!? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: NCL BUYS UNITED STATES AND INDEPENDENCE!?
Fairsky
First Class Passenger
Member # 781

posted 04-14-2003 02:12 PM      Profile for Fairsky   Email Fairsky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is this a joke? Somebody please confirm this:

NCL acquires United States, Independence
14/4/2003

In a startling move, Norwegian Cruise Line has acquired the vintage ocean liner S/S United States as well as the S/S Independence and plans to refurbish both ships for cruise operations.
NCL said it will convert the 1950-built United States into a modern vessel that will likely offer mainland US itineraries ‘where cruise products are currently not available.’ The refurbishment of the hull and superstructure will be done at US shipyards with the outfitting completed overseas.

‘The ship is a classic, she was built in America and is eligible to operate in domestic service under existing law and regulation,’ said NCL president and ceo Colin Veitch. ‘The S/S United States would be a phenomenal addition to our US flag operation down the road.’ Veitch said NCL remains focused on completing Project America for Hawaii, ‘but we will now organize a project team to work with US yards, naval engineers and architects to develop plans for what should be the fourth vessel in our US flagged fleet.’

On her maiden voyage, the United States set an unbroken record by crossing the North Atlantic Ocean in three days, 10 hours and 42 minutes. Her service speed exceeded 35 knots and she was rumored to be capable of 50 knots.

NCL also said it had purchased the Independence from the US Maritime Administration at auction, saving her from almost certain scrapping. The company said the potential addition of the Independence as a fifth vessel in its US-flag operation is being evaluated.

Posts: 1685 | From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
cruiseny
First Class Passenger
Member # 2928

posted 04-14-2003 02:15 PM      Profile for cruiseny     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Goodness me! I just saw something on this in another group and ran over here to tell everyone!

I do NOT think it is a joke!

THREE CHEERS FOR NCL!!!

Posts: 4730 | From: New York, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fairsky
First Class Passenger
Member # 781

posted 04-14-2003 02:24 PM      Profile for Fairsky   Email Fairsky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If true this is AMAZING, UNBELIEVABLE, and THE BIGGEST NEWS SINCE CUNARD ANNOUNCED THE QM2!

The question I have is how much will it cost NCL to convert these very old ships into effecient, competitive, and modern cruise liners? I imagine the Big U requires everything from new engines to an entirely new superstructure. NCL appears to be taking a huge gamble on the US flagged cruise line idea. If it fails it won't be long before Carnivor takes over the NCL brand.

Ðraikar
First Class Passenger
Member # 1153

posted 04-14-2003 02:25 PM      Profile for Ðraikar   Email Ðraikar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Must be a joke
Posts: 1710 | From: USA, New York | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cunardcoll
First Class Passenger
Member # 1226

posted 04-14-2003 02:26 PM      Profile for Cunardcoll   Author's Homepage   Email Cunardcoll   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is true , finally something good is done with US and Independence.

Great News

Jochen

Posts: 947 | From: Belgium | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jekyll
First Class Passenger
Member # 1878

posted 04-14-2003 02:29 PM      Profile for Jekyll   Email Jekyll   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The following is direct from NCL's website - looks like it is TRUE:

Norwegian Cruise Line Acquires U.S. Flagship S/S United States

Company to Build on New U.S.-flag Operation

Miami, April 14 - Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) announced today it has purchased the S/S United States, one of the country's most venerable ships built in the glory days of trans-Atlantic sea travel. NCL intends to convert the vessel to a state-of-the art, modern cruise ship and to add her to NCL's planned US flagged fleet. A relaunched S/S United States will add more than 1,000 American maritime jobs and 5,000 shoreside jobs to the 3,000 maritime jobs and 17,000 shoreside jobs that NCL's US flag initiative with Project America is predicted to generate.

Widely considered to be the greatest superliner ever built in this country, the S/S United States was engineered to be faster, safer and more technologically advanced than anything else afloat when she was christened. To this day, her Atlantic crossing record has never been matched and she remains the holder of the fabled Blue Riband.

Knowing that S/S United States faced an uncertain future, NCL moved swiftly to purchase the vessel. NCL is now evaluating options for use of the ship under US flag and determining the extent of renovations needed to convert her to a state-of-the-art, modern cruise ship that will appeal to today's vacationer. The ship is expected to offer mainland US itineraries where cruise products are not currently available. The refurbishment of the hull and superstructure will be done at US shipyards with the outfitting completed overseas. NCL is no stranger to such conversions, having converted the fabled North Atlantic liner the S/S France into cruising's first Caribbean megaship, S/S Norway.

"When we discovered this American icon was in jeopardy, we saw a unique opportunity and acted immediately. The ship is a classic, she was built in America and is eligible to operate in domestic service under existing law and regulation," said Colin Veitch, NCL's president and CEO. "The S/S United States would be a phenomenal addition to our US flag operation down the road. We remain focused on completing Project America and successfully introducing our innovative US flag cruise ships in Hawaii, but we will now organize a project team to work with US yards, naval engineers and architects to develop plans for what should be the fourth vessel in our US flagged fleet."

The announcement comes on the heels of NCL's recent commitment to begin a US flag operation in Hawaii. A new federal law will allow NCL to complete the stalled Project America as a US flagged and US manned operation for inter-island Hawaii cruise service. NCL purchased the partially completed first Project America ship and substantial materials and related components for the second Project America ship from Northrop Grumman Ship Systems (NGSS) in September 2002. The legislative initiative was designed to recover the US investment in Project America, generating hundreds of millions of dollars in economic activity and tax receipts, and creating more than 20,000 US jobs.

On her maiden voyage, the S/S United States set an unbroken record by crossing the North Atlantic Ocean in 3 days, 10 hours and 42 minutes. Her service speed exceeded 35 knots and she was rumored to be capable of 50 knots. Designed by William Francis Gibbs, the ship is the longest passenger vessel ever built in the United States, at 990'6", was considered an engineering marvel at the time, and held a near perfect operating schedule.

NCL also announced today the purchase of another classic, American-built ship, the S/S Independence, which until October 2001 was sailing in the Hawaii trade but which was a victim of its owner's post-September 11th bankruptcy. NCL purchased the vessel at federal auction from the US Maritime Administration saving her from almost certain scrapping. The potential addition of the S/S Independence as a fifth vessel in NCL's US flag operation is being evaluated.

Norwegian Cruise Line pioneered the modern cruise industry beginning in 1966 with the first dedicated cruise ships in the Caribbean and is recognized for innovation in the industry, most recently with its popular Freestyle Cruising concept. NCL also has a history of developing creative itineraries as the first company to acquire its own Caribbean island, with the development of the 7-day Hawaii/Fanning Island itinerary, and now with its Homeland Cruising program, where 13 North American port cities host NCL ships

Posts: 1524 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
cruiseny
First Class Passenger
Member # 2928

posted 04-14-2003 02:30 PM      Profile for cruiseny     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ðraikar:
Must be a joke

If it is... It is a sick joke... Seeing it is not 1 April which is when I posted mine ... But I do not think it is! This is downright surreal but NCL is a daring company and furthermore I have seen it posted - not as a rumor but as a fact - by a respected member who is in the travel industry on another group.

I am not saying it is true - we of course cannot be for sure right now - but there is a good chance it is, I think, though it sounds unbelievable to me.

I agree with Fairsky though - I sure hope it all works out... Or it could be the end of NCL. While INDEPENDENCE is basically in turn-key condition... SSUS would of course take a huge investment to get up and running... I am guessing they will put in new engines... And she will thus be basically a new ship... But we will have to see.

This is bigger news than QM2 I think... Because that we could see coming and it was not a surprise (at least to me). This sounds like a crazy if exhilirating idea and aside from my April Fool's joke (believe me I did not know anything ) there was of course no indication - not even idle speculation - that such a thing might happen.

But, stranger things have happened...

I am holding my breath right now...

Fairsky
First Class Passenger
Member # 781

posted 04-14-2003 02:31 PM      Profile for Fairsky   Email Fairsky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is official. But I wonder if NCL just moved in and purchased the ships to keep their options open... they may see after inspection that the cost of rebuilding the ships will be too high. Here is a quote from the press release that makes it sound like the Big U is just a possibility right now- nothing for sure:

Colin Veitch, NCL's president and CEO, said. "The S/S United States WOULD BE a phenomenal addition to our US flag operation down the road. "

"We will now organize a project team to work with US yards, naval engineers and architects to develop plans for what SHOULD BE the fourth vessel in our US flagged fleet."

-emphasis mine

[ 04-14-2003: Message edited by: Fairsky ]

[ 04-14-2003: Message edited by: Fairsky ]

Ðraikar
First Class Passenger
Member # 1153

posted 04-14-2003 02:35 PM      Profile for Ðraikar   Email Ðraikar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't imagine a modern cruise line today buys such old ships, its just not done anymore !!!
CGT
First Class Passenger
Member # 3531

posted 04-14-2003 02:37 PM      Profile for CGT        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While I think it is good that ANY line is buying the S.S. United States and Independence, I wish it were not NCL. I mean, it is well known by anyone who has read my posts that I hate Foodcourt/Freestlyle Dining. However, maybe NCL's US Flagged operation will merely be owned by NCL Corporate, and the new line (with a new name?) will be more traditional as would be befitting classic ships? After all, the Norway stil has traditional dining in lieu of Foodcourt Dining, right?

CGT

Posts: 2760 | From: New York, New York, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
cruiseny
First Class Passenger
Member # 2928

posted 04-14-2003 02:39 PM      Profile for cruiseny     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It will be interesting to see as you have pointed out CGT whether these ships get the "Freestyle" product (NO! NCL! PLEASE DON'T DO IT...) or "traditional" like NORWAY. I hope it is the latter...

Even so, I'd rather see SSUS as a "Freestyle" boat than languishing away at Philadelphia like that... At least she would be living her life out usefully and with some dignity!

CGT
First Class Passenger
Member # 3531

posted 04-14-2003 02:42 PM      Profile for CGT        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is just really amazing news, that just has me FLOORED. Who saw this coming? They sure did a good job of keeping it secret!!!

CGT

Posts: 2760 | From: New York, New York, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jekyll
First Class Passenger
Member # 1878

posted 04-14-2003 02:45 PM      Profile for Jekyll   Email Jekyll   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey Draikar & Onno:

Can we see your renditions of how you think these two liners will look - or how you envision them?

Anyone else? Could be very interesting to see if/ how they will be interpreted.

Posts: 1524 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ðraikar
First Class Passenger
Member # 1153

posted 04-14-2003 02:49 PM      Profile for Ðraikar   Email Ðraikar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a grate day for SS UNITED STATES and SS INDEPENDENCE. I can't wait for more info, i wander how there were no leaks in the press since this is such big news ?

quote:
Can we see your renditions of how you think these two liners will look - or how you envision them?

I'll start on it

Thad
First Class Passenger
Member # 1224

posted 04-14-2003 03:09 PM      Profile for Thad   Email Thad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am shocked, amazed, excited. All I can say is wow! What a happy way to start the week....

Thad

Posts: 1967 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 04-14-2003 03:22 PM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sure someone hasn't 'hacked' NCL's site?
I'm amazed.
CGT..isn't 'foodcourt' dining where Mum, Dad and each of the kids get food from different outlets whatever takes their fancy and sit down at one table together? Not Freestyle.
Anyhow, if it's true, it's great, but I honestly can't believe it to be honest.
Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 04-14-2003 03:28 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congrats to Ray on Liners List for being the first to break this amazing news. It seems he knew even before those that keep up with all the old ocean liner happenings! Not even a faint rumor escaped
about this. Good for him.

I'm quite jubilant and just waiting to find out where I can sign up for a cruise on the SSUS! I do also think of poor QM2, I think this will put a damper on her being the PR story of the year. Sorry Cunard, but I think this even one-up's the QM2. The timing is great, as of course American's are in a very patriotic mood at the moment and what better PR move then to bring back the pride of United States Lines and sail her around the US. NCL's "homeland"
cruising at it's very best. Of course this all sounds so amazing that I'm just waiting for the release saying it's not true. I hope that doesn't happen.

One last thing to all the members out there ready to pounce on NCL for how they will deface SSUS.. please don't. I really don't care if NCL has to add balconies or what ever as this is a dream come
true... especially in this age of laying up anything old (like the recent Concorde announcement). NCL will obviously have to make some significant changes to SSUS to make her a viable cruise ship that can compete with what is out there today (NORWAY unfortunately, is not as is reflected in her pricing). Just remember what the alternative might have been ..... we could have all been shaving
with the SSUS.

Ok, let the refurbishment debates begin. I hope NCL contacts Onno, as he already has a great SSUS reincarnation plan that blends the
best of the old and new.

Best,
Ernie - still wondering if this is all true or not!

Posts: 7046 | From: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
CGT
First Class Passenger
Member # 3531

posted 04-14-2003 03:28 PM      Profile for CGT        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CGT..isn't 'foodcourt' dining where Mum, Dad and each of the kids get food from different outlets whatever takes their fancy and sit down at one table together? Not Freestyle.

Yes Pam. "Foodcourt Dining" is my sarcastic name for "Freestyle Dining".

CGT

Onno
First Class Passenger
Member # 3071

posted 04-14-2003 03:38 PM      Profile for Onno   Author's Homepage   Email Onno   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Has the world turned upside-down!!! Who ever imagined that this would happen. Is this the ultimate weapon in trying to compete with Cunards history heritage and retro QM2? Is QM2 and the weal spread layer of nostalgia giving the companies without a heritage the scares? If the Big U is really going to be in service again she may change totally or maybe not because the market and the waters where she is going to be place in is no competition so no need to add all sorts of marketing gimmicks.

I have a bid of a hard time thinking what will be come of the ships will they loose every little sparkle of originality that they have left or will they be restored to original beauty. Either ways it is a very big gamble even more so then QM2. At the time of QM2 I had a feeling it could succeed but this time my feeling says me that it is too big of a gamble and there won’t be a profit. The only problem is that if this won’t be success full a cruise company is more likely to get rid of the losing objects that easily that selling them for scrap is more easily don then the current condition that Big U is under.

Best, Onno (still confused)

Posts: 3583 | From: the Netherlands (Berenbotje ging uit varen...) | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
cruiseny
First Class Passenger
Member # 2928

posted 04-14-2003 03:44 PM      Profile for cruiseny     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Onno:
Who ever imagined that this would happen.

Me, I guess . Well, not really... Mine was just an April Fools joke, I certainly never imagined that it could really happen!

I have just gotten an e-mail from Martin Cox, the owner of Maritime Matters... Someone had been e-mailing this story to him all day and he insisted that it was only my April Fools' joke . I would have said the same thing though... It just doesn't sound true!

That said, if this is a hoax, it is an awfully elaborate one that includes hacking into the NCL site, and into user accounts on message boards (on another forum a respected member said he called NCL and they confirmed it) and so on. So I would say, it must be true. Otherwise, someone really has far too much time on their hands to implement such a hoax which would be very difficult and time consuming !

Beezo
First Class Passenger
Member # 1505

posted 04-14-2003 04:05 PM      Profile for Beezo   Author's Homepage   Email Beezo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by eroller:
One last thing to all the members out there ready to pounce on NCL for how they will deface SSUS.. please don't. I really don't care if NCL has to add balconies or what ever as this is a dream come true... especially in this age of laying up anything old (like the recent Concorde announcement). NCL will obviously have to make some significant changes to SSUS to make her a viable cruise ship that can compete with what is out there today (NORWAY unfortunately, is not as is reflected in her pricing). Just remember what the alternative might have been ..... we could have all been shaving
with the SSUS.

Couldnt agree with you anymore! I AM SOOO HAPPY she will be sailing once again! GO NCL!!!!!!!

~Brian~

P.S.--I wonder now if they will do anything refurbishments with the S/S Norway?

Posts: 865 | From: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 04-14-2003 04:05 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

I have a bid of a hard time thinking what will be come of the ships will they loose every little sparkle of originality that they have left or will they be restored to original beauty. Either ways it is a very big gamble even more so then QM2. At the time of QM2 I had a feeling it could succeed but this time my feeling says me that it is too big of a gamble and there won’t be a profit.

I am much more optimistic. NCL has been an innovator in the past, and going forward it looks as though they will be an innovator again. All this brings back memories of NCL purchasing FRANCE and turning her into the longest running, and probably most successful ship in NCL's history. NORWAY changed the cruising industry forever, at a time when large ships cruising the Caribbean were unheard of. People scoffed at the conversion plan, but look how long NORWAY as survived.

Of course times have changed, but that does not mean there is no room in this world for forward and innovative thinkers.

I truly think the US flagged ships (1 or 2 newbuilds from Project America), ssUS, and INDEPENDENCE will all come under a new brand NOT to be called NCL. NCL will be the parent, just as Cunard Line Ltd. is the parent of Cunard and Seabourn.

I'm sure this new name will be forthcoming soon from NCL, once they get all their plans finalized. My guess is that preliminary plans for INDEPENDENCE and ssUS have already been created, along with
profit forecasts etc. Star Cruises does not just throw their money away on frivolous acquisitions. I'm certain NCL has a sound business plan in place for these great ships, or they would have never purchased them to begin with.

Best,
Ernie

eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 04-14-2003 04:14 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cruiseny:

Me, I guess . Well, not really... Mine was just an April Fools joke, I certainly never imagined that it could really happen!

!

I think any ship lover hoped this would happen in the back of our hearts, but never imagined it would.

Ernie

Fairsky
First Class Passenger
Member # 781

posted 04-14-2003 04:18 PM      Profile for Fairsky   Email Fairsky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I agree that the ships will fall under a new brand name... perhaps even "United States Lines". I'd expect the Big U to keep her name "United States", and perhaps the "Independence" will as well. The two Project America ships will likely follow the naming trend- perhaps "Freedom" and "Liberty". But if the Independence is not entered into service again I would name the new Project America ships "Constitution" and "Independence". The foreign built ship that will be reflagged may carry the name "America".

But I still have no idea how NCL plans to make a profit running old ships, with expensive US crews, and no casinos- especially when others have tried and failed. But I wish them luck.

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 04-14-2003 04:22 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have a bid of a hard time thinking what will be come of the ships will they loose every little sparkle of originality that they have left or will they be restored to original beauty.

I was onboard the SS Norway speaking to an American guy. He was telling me how much he love the ship and the original feel, which is still left in some public rooms.

I asked him which cabin he had booked (thinking that he would have selected one of originl first class one) and he replied one of the new veranda suites which was added in the refit. He said would not be comfortable in a tiny dark old cabin!

It would probably be a big mistake (and waste of money) for NCL to try and exactly recreate the original SS United States interiors. On the other hand, it would be an even bigger mistake to completely ignore her heritage.

They should at least attempt to recreate the feel of some of her best public rooms, combining them with modern facilities.

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.