- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Carnival Corporation today announced that 100% of its ships across the global fleet are equipped with Starlink's high-speed, low-latency global internet connectivity. The completed installation further enhances Carnival Corporation's onboard experience for its guests and crew to provide even faster service, greater capacity, and more reliable Wi-Fi on its fleet of 90-plus ships across its portfolio...

Latest News...Villa Vie Residences, a leading innovator in modern-day residential cruising, proudly announces the new Endless Horizons program, transforming the concept of retirement for adventurers who dream of traveling the world without the hassle of planning or ongoing expenses. With a one-time payment of $299,999 USD for single occupancy and $499,999 USD for double occupancy,...

Latest News...Setting sail today for her debut season from Southampton, Celebrity Cruises’ award-winning ship, Celebrity Apex, is turning heads as she becomes the first ship in the revolutionary Edge Series to call the United Kingdom home. Celebrity Apex will kick off her European season from Southampton with an eight-night Norwegian Fjords cruise. This serene sailing will visit idyllic locations...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Most Awesome Cruise Liner on The Sea. (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Most Awesome Cruise Liner on The Sea.
CruiseLiner
First Class Passenger
Member # 29185

posted 11-17-2009 12:00 AM      Profile for CruiseLiner        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good day folks.

I'm a new member here so please go easy on me!

In my judgement the Oasis of The Seas is the greatest cruise liner to date. From everything that I've read and pictures that I've seen about her so far, she is number one. This great cruise liner has proven that she can take a pounding from sixty foot swells crossing the Atlantic and she is quite capable of doing this crossing 'umteen' times even though she will just be plying the Caribbean waters.

I look forward to cruising on her some day and really enjoying her.

All the best, folk.

Posts: 16 | From: hawaii | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
lasuvidaboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4527

posted 11-17-2009 01:29 AM      Profile for lasuvidaboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She is a great cruise ship but not really able to handle the wild North Atlantic. For one thing her boats are to low and possibly would be ripped off or severly damaged should she encounter a real North Atlantic storm. In comparison, QM2s boats are about approx 4-decks higher to keep them far above the waves. Oasis was designed to cruise the calm Caribbean where she should be a great success.
Posts: 7654 | From: Hollywood Hills/L.A. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Vaccaro
First Class Passenger
Member # 465

posted 11-17-2009 03:29 AM      Profile for Vaccaro   Author's Homepage   Email Vaccaro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While I'm impressed by her size in all the photos I've seen and while I think she's quite a technical achievement that sparkes my interest a lot, I would never say she's "the greatest cruise liner ever"!
At least not yet.

That's way too early for that, only time will tell. Let's several reviews about how life aboard really is and how she behaves come in first, during at leat several months, and then perhaps we'll be able to come to a statement about her.

Besides, as Lasuvidaboy pointed out, she was not designed to endure North Atlantic crossings on regular basis. It IS perfectly normal a ship that size can sustain bad wather like she had during her first crossing (the contrary would have been really upsetting and abnormal to say the least) and remember, a lifeboat was even slightly damaged during that crossing (well, some "pure" liners of the past have had some damages during crossings too anyway, but a ship like say QM2 is certainly more designed for that task, even if I've full confidence on how OotS is designed maritime wise).

So in closing I'd say: For "the greatest cruise liner ever", let's wait and see.

[ 11-17-2009: Message edited by: Vaccaro ]

Posts: 1193 | From: France ...where the greatest liners ever are born, ...by far! | Registered: Feb 99  |  IP: Logged
TC@Sea
First Class Passenger
Member # 20076

posted 11-17-2009 08:45 AM      Profile for TC@Sea   Email TC@Sea   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree 100%. Oasis probably is the greatest "Cruise Liner” ever built. Innovative, revolutionary and awe inspiring. She is without doubt an engineering Marvel.

As far as the greatest Ocean Liner ever built, well that's something completely different.

Queen Mary used to ply the N.Atlantic at 30 knots and held the blue ribbon on more than one occasion. As a troop ship in December 1942, the Queen Mary carried exactly 16,082 American troops from New York to Great Britain, a standing record for the most passengers ever transported on one vessel.

While 700 miles from Scotland during a gale, she was suddenly hit broadside by a rogue wave that may have reached a height of 28 metres (92 ft). It was calculated later that the ship tilted 52 degrees, and would have capsized had she rolled another 3 degrees. The incident inspired Paul Gallico to write his story, The Poseidon Adventure.

During the Second World War she carried a zillion troops across the Atlantic and back again whilst evading the might of the German submarine fleet and according to Churchill, along with her sister ship the Queen Elizabeth she shortened the Second World War by two years. Among all that she carried fair paying passengers for 31 years and crossed the Atlantic more than 1000 times before her retirement at Long Beach.

She gets my vote as the greatest ship ever built never mind Cruise liner or Ocean Liner.

I wonder whether Oasis would capsize if she tilted 52 degrees or how she would handle being hit broadside by a 92 foot wave?

[ 11-17-2009: Message edited by: TC@Sea ]

Posts: 22 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
mike sa
First Class Passenger
Member # 5957

posted 11-17-2009 09:30 AM      Profile for mike sa   Author's Homepage   Email mike sa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well if the "greatest cruise liner" ever is judged by innovation and size etc you need to add the term "SO FAR", no doubt something bigger and more innovative will come along eventually.

There are things about her I am not keen on, the idea of the boardwalk and central balconies are a real turn off for me personally - no privacy at all. The decor of the boardwalk is too end of pier and not a real ship but that is just personal. That said there is a lot of things about her I do like, the choice of restaurants for instance.

I am not really happy though calling her a cruise liner or even cruise ship, she is truely the first resort at sea, perhaps cruise resort would suit her better.

Posts: 2272 | From: Durban, South Africa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 11-17-2009 09:30 AM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TC@Sea:
[....]

I wonder whether Oasis would capsize if she tilted 52 degrees or how she would handle being hit broadside by a 92 foot wave?

The angle is not so relevant here - the same wave would cause Oasis of the Seas to 'tilt' to a different angle than e.g. Queen Mary.
Oasis of the Seas is much larger (and wider - since we talk about waves coming from the side) so I guess it's safe to say that she could handle what Queen Mary could handle. I am also pretty confident that her seakeeping abilities are far superior to Queen Mary (she is finally substantially larger).

Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cunard Fan
First Class Passenger
Member # 7530

posted 11-17-2009 12:16 PM      Profile for Cunard Fan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TC@Sea:

She gets my vote as the greatest ship ever built never mind Cruise liner or Ocean Liner.

Mine as well! QM was and still is the greatest!!

Posts: 2327 | From: Pasadena just north of Queen Mary | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
buddhaJoe
First Class Passenger
Member # 4356

posted 11-17-2009 02:52 PM      Profile for buddhaJoe   Email buddhaJoe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hi there,

it looks like BIG size is all for you..

personally i like smaller ships much more

think Seabourn Odyssey, Le Boreal, Le Levant, Funchal, Mermoz and go on and on

the Oasis of the Seas is pretty ugly and monstrous in size

i rather prefer a detached property than to live
in an appartment building of 16 stories high

best regards,
b. Joe

Posts: 366 | From: De Goorn, small village in The Netherlands | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 11-17-2009 03:42 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard Mr.cruiseliner.

Is it just me, but I hate the term 'cruise liner'. As far as I'm concerned there are 'cruise ships' and 'ocean liners'. Mr. cruiseliner, do you know the difference. If/when you do, you will understand why many of us rate the 'Queen Mary 2' so highly.

Oasis is of course a very impressive 'cruise ship' but she will probably be superseded in size and facilities in the next 10 years. The QM2 will almost certainly continue to be the biggest Ocean Liner for decades.

[ 11-17-2009: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 11-17-2009 04:31 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:

Is it just me, but I hate the term 'cruise liner'. As far as I'm concerned there are 'cruise ships' and 'ocean liners'. Mr. cruiseliner, do you know the difference. If/when you do, you will understand why many of us rate the 'Queen Mary 2' so highly.[...]

Well, Malcolm, can you explain the difference?

The term cruise liner is perfectly fine giving that cruise ships gradually evolved from liners and that there are NO technical features that distinguish a liner form a cruise ship.

A 'liner' is defined as a ship that serves on 'line voyages' - nothing more and nothing less.

Of course a ship built for that purpose will be different than a passenger ship intended for cruise vacations BUT there is no principal difference - both are passenger ships.

The recent use of the term 'liner' is a bit odd. Actually, there are still many 'liners' around these days - most ferries certainly full-fill the criteria of that definition but as you know, the term 'liner' is usually not used for these ships. It actually applies more to passenger ships of the past when there was still a strong emphasis on traveling and not so much 'pleasure'. As you know, passenger ships specifically dedicated to 'pleasure travel' - cruise ships - gradually evolved from these 'liners'. However, today many ship enthusiasts use the term 'liner' to distinguish a well built, fast ships from 'cruise ships' which seems to be the direct consequence of Cunard marketing and some coffee table book. It seems as if these days the term 'liner' is often confused with what would be an 'express transatlantic liner'. Many people are very ignorant of the fact that there were other 'liners' beside those serving in the Atlantic!

QM2 is of course a fine ship, and yes, she is fast and specifically built to serve on the Atlantic. However, not every 'liner' was built for that purpose (fast transatlantic service) and in fact many cruise ships would easily 'outdo' many of the historic liners - even those meant to be express transatlantic liners.

QM2 is actually a ship built with a strong emphasis on 'pleasure' and not so much transportation like most other cruise ships. She is admirable because she is faster etc. but this is not a reason to insist on putting her in another category and it can certainly not be justified by any features she has and cruise ships don't have (or the other way around) - 'just' because she is a very well built ship does not make her fundamentally different.

bearbuns
First Class Passenger
Member # 6418

posted 11-17-2009 05:20 PM      Profile for bearbuns        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Right up front I have to say I am QM2's biggest fan. She is an amazing LINER...not a cruise ship...not a cruiseliner.

On her westbound crossing a couple of weeks ago she encountered such a fierce storm that she detoured over 200 miles to avoid the worst of it and still had 30-40 ft waves to contend with for several days. I had friends onboard..they said it was "interesting". The weather cleared and she turned on that awesome speed she is capable of....no cruise ship can do that....and she docked in NY exactly on time...as a liner is expected to do. Not 2 days late as Oasis did.

I just spoke to friends who were on the westbound crossing that landed in NY today...after the same storm that Oasis encountered it would seem. They were in the bridge observation area and watched 2 huge waves sweep up her bow and wash over the bridge windows...then she went down a trough that had their stomachs around their feet at the end. And she kept going, and not at 7 knots as was reported I believe that Oasis did in the storm. And this morning, on schedule, she arrived in NY...right on time.

That is a liner....and one of the reasons I love that ship and will take my 7th voyage on her next year. My crossing history is in liners from the past....for as many years as I am able I will sail on QM2 as often as I can afford.

Oasis, in my opinion, is a floating resort....innovative no doubt but not something that would ever entice me. I go to sea to be on the sea...to see it, to walk the promenade and feel the essence of the ocean envelop me, and to know that I am on a ship for the ages.

Cheers, Penny

Posts: 82 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 11-17-2009 05:44 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bearbuns:
Right up front I have to say I am QM2's biggest fan. She is an amazing LINER...not a cruise ship...not a cruiseliner.

On her westbound crossing a couple of weeks ago she encountered such a fierce storm that she detoured over 200 miles to avoid the worst of it and still had 30-40 ft waves to contend with for several days. I had friends onboard..they said it was "interesting". The weather cleared and she turned on that awesome speed she is capable of....no cruise ship can do that....and she docked in NY exactly on time...as a liner is expected to do. Not 2 days late as Oasis did.

I just spoke to friends who were on the westbound crossing that landed in NY today...after the same storm that Oasis encountered it would seem. They were in the bridge observation area and watched 2 huge waves sweep up her bow and wash over the bridge windows...then she went down a trough that had their stomachs around their feet at the end. And she kept going, and not at 7 knots as was reported I believe that Oasis did in the storm. And this morning, on schedule, she arrived in NY...right on time.

Nobody denies that QM2 is a marvelous ship with fantastic capabilities. However, she is still a passenger ship. Of course Oasis of the Seas can not go as fast as QM2 (generally and trough a storm) and she had to slow down more than QM2 has to slow down (and of course QM2 also reduced her speed). However, I very much doubt that Oasis of the Seas behaved badly in that storm. I would assume that for those aboard there was no significant difference between QM2 and Oasis of the Seas - in such a storm you can get seasick aboard both ships. Also, let's not forget that work was underway aboard Oasis of the Seas - they had to keep her as calm as possible.

quote:
Originally posted by bearbuns:

Oasis, in my opinion, is a floating resort....innovative no doubt but not something that would ever entice me. [...]

Yes, she is a floating resort but like it or not QM2 is also a floating resort - it's just a different theme. And as said, from a technical point of view both Oasis of the Seas and QM2 are passenger ships - different (!) passenger ships but still passenger ships.

[ 11-17-2009: Message edited by: Ernst ]

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 11-17-2009 06:00 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ernst:
A 'liner' is defined as a ship that serves on 'line voyages' - nothing more and nothing less.

Agreed, but as modern cruise ships rarely tend to do 'line voyages', the term 'cruise liner' is very unsuitable as far as I'm concerned.

However as the QM2 was built for 'line-voyages' and 'cruises' (like the QE2) I suppose she could be called a 'cruise liner', but I still don't like the term.

I'm not talking pure science here Ernst, I'm talking personal preference - human emotion.

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
lasuvidaboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4527

posted 11-17-2009 06:21 PM      Profile for lasuvidaboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

However as the QM2 was built for 'line-voyages' and 'cruises' (like the QE2) I suppose she could be called a 'cruise liner', but I still don't like the term.

QM2 was designed and built to be an express liner/cruise ship just like QE2 was 45-years ago. QM2s hull design, unique placement of the lifeboats and other design features ensure that she is able to transport her passengers from point A to B on schedule in all types of weather conditions. As fabulous is Oasis is (and she is freak'in amazing) she is a fun in the sun cruise ship not designed to handle rough weather weather on an ongoing basis-unless RCI wants all her boats missing.

Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 11-17-2009 06:26 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Agreed, but as modern cruise ships rarely tend to do 'line voyages', the term 'cruise liner' is very unsuitable as far as I'm concerned.[...]

Actually, the repetitive itinerary of many cruise ships is very similar to what some 'liners' did.

The only thing that disturbs me is the 'arrogance' involved in using the term 'liner'. I have nothing against using the term for marketing or in an 'emotional' context but often people come up with pseudo facts and use it to e.g. imply that (other) 'cruise ships' in general are inferior.

[ 11-17-2009: Message edited by: Ernst ]

buddhaJoe
First Class Passenger
Member # 4356

posted 11-17-2009 07:10 PM      Profile for buddhaJoe   Email buddhaJoe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
o dear o dear

there we go again liner. ship or whatelse

guys, that's not the question/issue what it is about

you are losing yourselves in an semantical word discussion

for travel from a to b, we take the plane..
ferries still exist, lines are something of the past century

best regards
b. Joe

Posts: 366 | From: De Goorn, small village in The Netherlands | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
lasuvidaboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4527

posted 11-17-2009 07:14 PM      Profile for lasuvidaboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by buddhaJoe:

for travel from a to b, we take the plane..

But what about all those passengers traveling between say Southampton (point A) and NYC (point B)? They did'nt take the plane and quite a few even do the round trip returning by ship back to their original departure point.

Sutho
First Class Passenger
Member # 6234

posted 11-17-2009 07:21 PM      Profile for Sutho   Email Sutho   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You would really want to be carefull describing it as biggest, best, greatest. Isnt that what they said about Titanic and look where it ended up.
Posts: 1055 | From: Newcastle, Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
CruiseLiner
First Class Passenger
Member # 29185

posted 11-17-2009 07:27 PM      Profile for CruiseLiner        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the welcome Malcom.

It's like calling a car an automobile, one in the same. Either ship is built of similar steel welded together, asipod or in line propulsion, swimming pools, food, entertainment, you name it there is very little difference. So in my book, the Oasis is the world's greatest Cruise Liner, Ocean Liner or Cruise Ship so far, whatever one wishes to call her.

On another note, my wife and myself spent thirty four days on the Amsterdam from Vancouver to Sydney and it was a great cruise on that Ocean Liner. We are ready to go again.

quote:

Is it just me, but I hate the term 'cruise liner'. As far as I'm concerned there are 'cruise ships' and 'ocean liners'. Mr. cruiseliner, do you know the difference. If/when you do, you will understand why many of us rate the 'Queen Mary 2' so highly.

Oasis is of course a very impressive 'cruise ship' but she will probably be superseded in size and facilities in the next 10 years. The QM2 will almost certainly continue to be the biggest Ocean Liner for decades.

[ 11-17-2009: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Carlos Fernandez
First Class Passenger
Member # 6432

posted 11-17-2009 09:48 PM      Profile for Carlos Fernandez   Author's Homepage   Email Carlos Fernandez   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome Cruise Liner, yes Oasis is an amazing ship.

The terms ocean liner, cruise liner, etc. are very subjective. Cruise ships evolved from ocean liners so to many they still are one and the same.

She is a ship after all. What many people don't seem to understand is that she was built purposely for a market which is evolving were ships are becoming the destination themselves, and destinations are becoming of second importance. Oasis of the Seas will clinch this idea and will bring many people into cruising because of the ship because there's always Spirit Airlines that could fly you over to Jamaica. Yes, she's not for everybody but she does pick up the larger percentage of "cruisers". I see her as the future of cruise ships which will of course continue evolving.

Posts: 1325 | From: Miami, Florida (Cruise Capital of the World) | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
CruiseLiner
First Class Passenger
Member # 29185

posted 11-17-2009 11:47 PM      Profile for CruiseLiner        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carlos Fernandez:
Welcome Cruise Liner, yes Oasis is an amazing ship.

Thank you Carlos.

I always enjoy reading your posts and looking at your pictures.

LaLa
First Class Passenger
Member # 5684

posted 11-18-2009 12:16 AM      Profile for LaLa     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sutho:
You would really want to be carefull describing it as biggest, best, greatest. Isnt that what they said about Titanic and look where it ended up.

Debbie Downer....

Posts: 132 | From: Delaware | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 11-18-2009 06:02 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CruiseLiner:
Either ship is built of similar steel welded together, asipod or in line propulsion, swimming pools, food, entertainment, you name it there is very little difference.

No! There is a world of difference technically between the QM2 (Ocean Liner) and Oasis (a cruise ship).

The QM2 cost 50% more to build, than if she was just a regular cruise ship of the same size. The strength of the hull is double the normal thickness in places. She can achieve considerably higher speeds (around 30 knots) than any cruise ship, allowing her to cross the pond in 6 nights (or less). Oasis’s top speed is around 22.6 Knots, hence the long crosiing and having to take a 'sheltered' route.

The QM2’s superstructure has been designed to be able to withstand the rigours of the North Atlantic better. She is constructed completely of steel unlike some ships which have an aluminium upper superstructure (the Voyager class does, the QE2 dis, does Oasis?) She also has a very high bridge, a bow 'break-water' and many sheltered balcony cabins. Her lifeboats are also situated higher (at 27 metres) than on regular cruise ships to protect them.

If a conventional cruise ship undertook regular crossings of the North Atlantic, as the QM2 does, (especially in winter) structural damage would be a major risk.

[ 11-18-2009: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Magic Pipe
First Class Passenger
Member # 6994

posted 11-18-2009 06:36 AM      Profile for Magic Pipe     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

No! There is a world of difference technically between the QM2 (Ocean Liner) and Oasis (a cruise ship).

The QM2 cost 50% more to build, than if she was just a regular cruise ship of the same size. The strength of the hull is double the normal thickness in places.

If a conventional cruise ship undertook regular crossings of the North Atlantic, as the QM2 does, (especially in winter) structural damage would be a major risk.

This is a commonly spread myth about the QM2. The 50% premium is based on per cabin, not the ship it self. The QM2 actually cost about $30 million less than Freedom of the Seas, it is just that QM2 has fewer cabins to spread that cost over. And the QM2 contains a similar amount of steel as other cruise ships of similar size, which tend to have very thick plating in the bow.

Posts: 213 | From: NYC | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 11-18-2009 07:19 AM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
[...]

Sorry, but that's not even remotely true.

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.