- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Carnival Cruise Line said today that while rescue and remediation efforts continue in Baltimore Harbor following the collapse of the Key Bridge, it will temporarily move Carnival Legend’s Baltimore operations to Norfolk, Virginia. Carnival Legend is scheduled to return from its current voyage on Sunday, March 31. It will now return to Norfolk on Sunday, and guests will...

Latest News...Carnival Corporation & plc today announced it has signed an agreement with Meyer Werft shipyard for a fifth Excel-class cruise ship for its namesake Carnival Cruise Line brand, with the delivery set for 2028. In mid-February Carnival Corporation had announced the first newbuild order placed in five years with news that a fourth Excel-class ship would join the Carnival Cruise Line...

Latest News...Four Seasons, together with luxury yachting company Marc-Henry Cruise Holdings Ltd, Joint Owner/Operator, Four Seasons Yachts, and venerated Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri, continues to chart a new course of luxury at sea. As momentum builds towards the inaugural season of Four Seasons Yachts, the first 10 unique voyages are unveiled, each inviting travellers to make the iconic islands...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Veendam gets ducktail! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Veendam gets ducktail!
Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 04-05-2009 07:59 AM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dougnewman:
I think HAL lost sight of that c. 1999 when it had Mary Kate and Ashley name one of its ships - ZAANDAM was it?

Or maybe right after Carnival bought it when it stupidly commissioned Joe Farcus to design some public rooms for the S-class ships. The last of these are set to go in this latest round of refits for the S-class, mercifully! (Too bad their replacements will all have the incredibly awful name "The Showroom at Sea." What's next - "The Restaurant at Sea," "The Bar at Sea," etc.?)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that HAL has lost sight of its core clientele a few times already.

The Olsen twins where asked to dedicate the ship in light with there new kid/teenager program, the Zaandam was promoted as the family ship. So whats wrong to ask these girls. After that HAL vessels where dedicated in line as is custom in Cruise Land. They even have 2 Royal dedications beside Cunard maybe P&O no other line cane say that.

Farcus indeed designed 2 public rooms, but after the Show lounge a/b Statendam was ready, Big Boss Ted Arrison and the design team fore the vessels quickly decided to change the design. And VFD redone the entire room (some say that the room looks like a bathroom with so much tiles) They also removed him from the Crow's Nest and used the plans by VFD. So This Little mistake was solved before only 1 passenger boarded the vessel.

I really don't like the stern. It's hmm how I put this friendly out of balance, fore this class it reminds me of the previous Westerdam (Costa Europa)
The Lanai rooms I like, hope they will use Wooden Doors. The Promenade deck I think will not suffer to much of this addition.

Greetings Ben.

Posts: 4695 | From: Rotterdam home of the tss. Rotterdam. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Fairsky
First Class Passenger
Member # 781

posted 04-06-2009 03:14 PM      Profile for Fairsky   Email Fairsky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A new image from the HAL blog. (I really love that blog. A real jewel for ship lovers...well done, HAL.) This photo shows the Veendam in drydock. The large metal plate to the left of the hull is part of the ducktail to be welded into place. Notice how long it is. They aren't merely putting a lip along the after waterline. This is a large addition. Should look horrible.

Posts: 1685 | From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
shipcafe
First Class Passenger
Member # 3959

posted 04-07-2009 02:34 PM      Profile for shipcafe   Author's Homepage   Email shipcafe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I seriously doubt (and hope) that any changes made on Veendam will come close to what happened to the Carnival Sensation.
Posts: 314 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
dmwnc1
Cruise Director
Member # 3785

posted 04-07-2009 03:24 PM      Profile for dmwnc1   Email dmwnc1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shipcafe:
I seriously doubt (and hope) that any changes made on Veendam will come close to what happened to the Carnival Sensation.

Agreed. I can see the Sensation on the Nassau webcam and even at a distance the added balconies look like a freakin mess. Hate the same is going to happen to some more of the Fantasy-class. Crying shame.

Posts: 5650 | From: Clarksburg WV | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sutho
First Class Passenger
Member # 6234

posted 04-08-2009 07:44 AM      Profile for Sutho   Email Sutho   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is it at all possible that these refits with extra cabins can make the ship unappealing and make the cruise harder to sell, or dont people who cruise care about comfort and crowds?

Also the loyal following who dont like what HAL is doing with extra cabins, will they eventually go to more upmarket luxury lines to get what HAL cant offer?

I dont have a problem with HAL, but I am in my 20's and have always seen it as a cruise line that caters predominately to the much older generation. Due to those impressions I am unlikely to sail on their ships.

This is probably a stupid question but do any of the cruise lines under the Carnival banner actually care about what the passengers like and want and place a stronger emphasis on passenger satisfaction opposed to revenue and cramming them all in and stuffing in extra cabins where they can fit them?

Posts: 1055 | From: Newcastle, Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
mike sa
First Class Passenger
Member # 5957

posted 04-08-2009 10:22 AM      Profile for mike sa   Author's Homepage   Email mike sa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We should remember that cruising today is by far away the cheapest it has ever been, I have seen HAL advertsing 7 days in Alaska for $499 - for Alaska that is unheard of, I have also seen Caribbean for $399.

If cruise lines are to survive in current circumstances they need to make the very most of every ship. I seriously doubt that a few extra cabins on Veendam will make that much difference. And the ongoing investment in almost all of the Carnival Corp. ships and lines (I actually can't think of one of their lines that is not currently spending huge sums on updating their fleets) clearly indicates that they are determined to give their pax what they obviously want.

As for Carnival caring, well you travel on Carnival ships all the time, and results speak for themselves, they are still here, they are under no threat whatsoever, their share price is 3 times that of their nearest rival and 25 times that of the number 3 company. If you look at the figures the amount of space on Carnival Corp. ships compare very well with those of its competition. And at the end of the day if they were not doing something right they would not be the biggest, most successful cruise line ever.

And I note they have developed their local Aussie market in a stunning manner, the soon to be 4 ships plus the 2 Princess ships based full time in Aussie is a far cry from the Fairstar. No other major cruise line has placed even 1 ship in this market full time never mind 6.

So by almost all measures I have to say that Carnival do listen and do care - even if only to ensure they stay at the top of the heap.

Posts: 2272 | From: Durban, South Africa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
DEIx15x8
First Class Passenger
Member # 14958

posted 04-08-2009 11:53 AM      Profile for DEIx15x8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Part of Carnival's latest advertising campaign is based on new ships. They consider the Sensation a new ship in that ad so they clearly believe that these renovations to add cabins and balconies give them the ability to falsely advertise these ships as new.
Posts: 521 | From: Kutztown, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
Fairsky
First Class Passenger
Member # 781

posted 04-08-2009 12:47 PM      Profile for Fairsky   Email Fairsky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't blame Carnival for renovating ships, adding balconies, or generating new revenue sources. They are in the business to make money after all.

My problem is the way Carnival makes these changes without any consideration to aesthetics. For example, I don't mind that Sensation had those balconies added, but the design could have been more integrated, the balcony extensions more elegantly incorporated or blended. As is, they look horrible.

Consider Costa Victoria. The forward and aft ends of her new balconies are rounded into the hull--not just bluntly side slabbed like Sensation. Or why didn't they opt for a french balcony solution like Seabourn? Again, a far better option.

Sutho
First Class Passenger
Member # 6234

posted 04-08-2009 06:04 PM      Profile for Sutho   Email Sutho   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fortunately I was a passenger of P&O and Princess before the Carnival merger. I still sail with those lines, but the name Carnival is certainly not held in high esteem in my opinion or allot of other passengers I have met on cruises. If for example Carnival started doing things to the ships that made them unappealing for me to sail on I would be finding another company.

I can see by comments here that people are not impressed where HAL is going, not being a HAL passenger I dont know what their main appeal is, but if Carnival removes that appeal HAL has over its regulars is it in danger of losing passengers over gaining them.

I am not a big fan of saying it is a cruise lines aim to make money (everyone has to do it to stay in business) but its a pretty poor businuss grounding if that is their main concern and not passenger satisfaction. Allot of passengers go to have a good holiday and allot wont put up with second rate service.

To give an example if Aurora or Oriana had refits and lost the terrace decks I would never go back to them period. I know it wont happen because it would be impossible with weight seakeeping etc, but that is a good reason that will stop me cruising on my favourite ships.

bcscot
First Class Passenger
Member # 22351

posted 04-08-2009 11:46 PM      Profile for bcscot        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think that Carnival has a lower percentage of repeat passengers than HAL & more of them may be more interested in the 'party scene' & the 'fun' than in the ship itself. I think that HAL passengers are interested in the ship & it's looks. I would think that Carnival would be well aware of this & would take this into account. They have shown themselves to be very succesful in the market place & I imagine that they will know their market for their various lines.

I have to say that we have always been impressed by how much attention HAL have paid to our opinions & feedback. Although obviously others have agreed with us, it has become a bit of a joke that whatever we complain about in the questionnaire, it is corrected by the next cruise!

Whatever the negative comments about Carnival, I always try to remember that without them, we may no longer have HAL & Cunard, no QM2 & maybe far more expensive cruises.

Graham.

Posts: 266 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sutho
First Class Passenger
Member # 6234

posted 04-09-2009 12:51 AM      Profile for Sutho   Email Sutho   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Having not sailed on HAL I have not seen first hand what they do and offer, but I suspect it is an American type version of P&O's British equivelant. A line dedicated to longer voyages and attracting people interested in the ship being their home away from home and visiting exotic destinations.

I recently sailed on Arcadia one of the Vista class ships and I actually did not mind the ship at all. It was good to sail on, had a good layout and some really good public rooms (I have not seen the tacky Vista's of HAL that everyone hates). The refit gave extra deck space which is allot better than it used to be, however the ship is noticably crowded in the buffet restaurant with lots of passengers left without a seat during peak periods of breakfast and lunch. That is one negative effect of extra passengers.

What I would like to know is are HAL's passengers the type that will accept a ships change like that with extra cabins and extra people crowding the ship or would they not care.

If it were P&O and it happened to Aurora or Oriana I would bet money on it that there would be a massive outcry with loads of passengers vowing not to return.

oslo dutch
First Class Passenger
Member # 4669

posted 04-09-2009 07:58 AM      Profile for oslo dutch     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sutho:
Having not sailed on HAL I have not seen first hand what they do and offer, but I suspect it is an American type version of P&O's British equivelant. A line dedicated to longer voyages and attracting people interested in the ship being their home away from home and visiting exotic destinations.

I recently sailed on Arcadia one of the Vista class ships and I actually did not mind the ship at all. It was good to sail on, had a good layout and some really good public rooms (I have not seen the tacky Vista's of HAL that everyone hates). The refit gave extra deck space which is allot better than it used to be, however the ship is noticably crowded in the buffet restaurant with lots of passengers left without a seat during peak periods of breakfast and lunch. That is one negative effect of extra passengers.

What I would like to know is are HAL's passengers the type that will accept a ships change like that with extra cabins and extra people crowding the ship or would they not care.

If it were P&O and it happened to Aurora or Oriana I would bet money on it that there would be a massive outcry with loads of passengers vowing not to return.

Only having sailed on P&O twice about 9 years ago I would rate them higher than HAL. HAL is a bit bland in food and service. Their ships interior wise are by no means as nice as P&O. (A bit of Netherlands kitschy bling bling Rembrandt coloured Vegas on steroids). Crew is nice but a bit robotic ally trained
I was very underwhelmed by the Eurodam itself. Some of the furnishings were more suitable to a ferry than an actual cruise ship. However it was a little better than f e Zuiderdam which is even more wacko.

This was an RSVP charter with a different clientele it was designed for but it wasn't crowded at all. You could see the crew waking up out of their regular brainwashed routine halfway down the week and actually start enjoying it.
But in general they are comfortable ships.

On the Veendam you can see the onboard revenue department in charge again. Absolutely no space for aesthetics. The promenade deck is sacrificed for more onboard revenue. (no more space to sit and relax in a deck chair there) . Let's hope they get the theatre in shape. These Delft blue tiles are horrible.
But there should be a good (exotic) market for these smaller mid sized ships.

Posts: 349 | From: Oslo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
dougnewman
First Class Passenger
Member # 11349

posted 04-09-2009 06:34 PM      Profile for dougnewman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Maasdam:
The Olsen twins where asked to dedicate the ship in light with there new kid/teenager program, the Zaandam was promoted as the family ship. So whats wrong to ask these girls.
Nothing in particular, they just did not appeal to HAL's "core clientele."

quote:
Originally posted by Maasdam:
Farcus indeed designed 2 public rooms, but after the Show lounge a/b Statendam was ready, Big Boss Ted Arrison and the design team fore the vessels quickly decided to change the design. And VFD redone the entire room (some say that the room looks like a bathroom with so much tiles) They also removed him from the Crow's Nest and used the plans by VFD. So This Little mistake was solved before only 1 passenger boarded the vessel.
Although the original decor on STATENDAM was revised before the ship entered service, I believe the final designs of the Crow's Nest and show lounge on STATENDAM were still Farcus designs as were those rooms on MAASDAM and RYNDAM and the show lounge on VEENDAM. The first ship (other than the much older 'N' twins) with the Crow's Nest designed by VFD was VEENDAM and the first one with the show lounge designed by VFD was ROTTERDAM. There is a very distinct difference in design between e.g. the show lounge on the S-class ships and that on the R-class ships.

This is why in the first round of Signature of Excellence refits, the Crow's Nests on STATENDAM, MAASDAM and RYNDAM were totally rebuilt, this time to a design by Yran & Storbraaten.

quote:
They already have, e.g. VOLENDAM, ZAANDAM and AMSTERDAM carry more passengers in the same size ship as ROTTERDAM (at least until ROTTERDAM gets the Signature of Excellence 2 treatment) and NOORDAM was built with the more built-out stern that has been refitted to ARCADIA and the earlier Vista-class ships (the last one to be done is OOSTERDAM which is in drydock for this right now).

[ 04-09-2009: Message edited by: dougnewman ]

Posts: 2072 | From: Long Island, NY, USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
bcscot
First Class Passenger
Member # 22351

posted 04-09-2009 10:42 PM      Profile for bcscot        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We thought that the show lounge on Ryndam was particularly spectacular, in a black & white art deco style. Not at all Farcusian, to my mind.

Graham.

shipcafe
First Class Passenger
Member # 3959

posted 04-14-2009 11:44 AM      Profile for shipcafe   Author's Homepage   Email shipcafe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This doesn't look nearly as bad as I may have thought.

The duck tail also looks better than expected.

lasuvidaboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4527

posted 04-14-2009 12:14 PM      Profile for lasuvidaboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shipcafe:

Looks better than the mis-matched penthouses that are on QE2. The design of the first ones did'nt match the aft ones installed in the mid-1980s and the QE and QM suites looked even worse from the exterior. I wonder who was in charge of that design mess?

Posts: 7654 | From: Hollywood Hills/L.A. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Fairsky
First Class Passenger
Member # 781

posted 04-14-2009 01:12 PM      Profile for Fairsky   Email Fairsky   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, the new balconies look nice. This proves my earlier point about the nasty looking balconies added to Carnival Sensation. Balcony additions don't have to look bad, as long as they are tastefully integrated. Well done, HAL.

Where did you see a photo of the ducktail? I haven't seen one with it attached yet.

eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 04-18-2009 10:50 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a cool pic taken from the VEENDAM blog. Away goes the aft pool. A feature I felt was one of the best on the ship. In it's place? More revenue producing cabins of course!

Ernie

Posts: 7046 | From: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sutho
First Class Passenger
Member # 6234

posted 04-20-2009 03:59 AM      Profile for Sutho   Email Sutho   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have just taken a look at the before and after deck plans. My opinion is not impressed. If that ship was a favourite of mine then I certainly would not be back.

I cant see the point of removing once usefull passenger recreational deck space for more cabins.

This is supposedly a line that prides itself on lengthy sea days. Well what are passengers supposed to to at sea when their pools and facilities are gradually taken away?

I am afraid in my opinion they have literally butchered that ship and I hope they get a lack of passenger interest in the ship just to teach these reckless executives that passenger facilities and comfort is what comes first on a cruise ship not revenue. If it has been operating successfully for years then why change it.

Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 04-20-2009 05:08 AM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Seaside deck is already replaced by a larger one. This new sea side pool complete with pool (subject fore discussion :confused) is larger then the previous removed one.
Here a picture of the new deck under construction.

Similar to the Vista's configuration.

Greetings Ben.

[ 04-20-2009: Message edited by: Maasdam ]

Posts: 4695 | From: Rotterdam home of the tss. Rotterdam. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sutho
First Class Passenger
Member # 6234

posted 04-20-2009 07:09 AM      Profile for Sutho   Email Sutho   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On the deck plans it has "The retreat". Is that where the pool is going to be? and if it is will it be open to all passengers free of charge or will this be a pay to enter area of what was normally free to go to?
Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 04-20-2009 01:16 PM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
On the deck plans it has "The retreat". Is that where the pool is going to be? and if it is will it be open to all passengers free of charge or will this be a pay to enter area of what was normally free to go to?

On board the S class the Sea View pool is renamed Retreat and is in place of the Sea View pool. Only the whole deck is lifted to the level of Lido deck (as on Amsterdam and the Vista's) in the place created the new added cabins will find there place. This deck will be adult only. This deck is free of charge and open to all passengers.

Kids cane use the lido pool and the small pool on there own outside deck on sky deck behind the funnel.

Greetings Ben.

eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 04-20-2009 08:22 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well the problem with this so-called pool titled "The Retreat" is that it's not really a pool at all. At least not one you can swim in. It's only about a foot deep, so basically you can dip your feet. HAL will put chairs in this foot deep pool so you can sit and watch programs on the large outdoor TV screen. So now the ships will really only have one pool where you can really swim.

Of course by not having a real pool, it means there is no pool well into the deck below, which opens up more space for revenue producing cabins.

Personally I'm not impressed. At least if HAL were going to do this they could make it look classy. Instead it really looks like Carnival's waterworks. It's a little tacky looking IMO (at least from the renderings)

Who knows, maybe in person it will be very nice. I'm just sad to see one of the nicest (and quietest) areas of the ship be taken over by a wading pool and large screen TV.

Ernie

Posts: 7046 | From: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
bcscot
First Class Passenger
Member # 22351

posted 04-21-2009 12:19 AM      Profile for bcscot        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
At least if you can still get out to the bow, you are a step ahead of most ships & in what I think is the quietest area on the S-Class ships (although the forward observation area on the Eurodam is quite nice too).

Graham.

shipcafe
First Class Passenger
Member # 3959

posted 04-24-2009 11:32 AM      Profile for shipcafe   Author's Homepage   Email shipcafe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.