- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Carnival Corporation today announced that 100% of its ships across the global fleet are equipped with Starlink's high-speed, low-latency global internet connectivity. The completed installation further enhances Carnival Corporation's onboard experience for its guests and crew to provide even faster service, greater capacity, and more reliable Wi-Fi on its fleet of 90-plus ships across its portfolio...

Latest News...Villa Vie Residences, a leading innovator in modern-day residential cruising, proudly announces the new Endless Horizons program, transforming the concept of retirement for adventurers who dream of traveling the world without the hassle of planning or ongoing expenses. With a one-time payment of $299,999 USD for single occupancy and $499,999 USD for double occupancy,...

Latest News...Setting sail today for her debut season from Southampton, Celebrity Cruises’ award-winning ship, Celebrity Apex, is turning heads as she becomes the first ship in the revolutionary Edge Series to call the United Kingdom home. Celebrity Apex will kick off her European season from Southampton with an eight-night Norwegian Fjords cruise. This serene sailing will visit idyllic locations...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Oasis - unrevealed (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Oasis - unrevealed
AKer builder
First Class Passenger
Member # 6412

posted 11-18-2008 04:22 PM      Profile for AKer builder   Email AKer builder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there something more to reveale?
Is RCI holding back one more secret?

Below two images of port side minigolf court deck 15!

[ 11-18-2008: Message edited by: AKer builder ]

Posts: 256 | From: Turku | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Noordam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3811

posted 11-18-2008 04:40 PM      Profile for Noordam   Email Noordam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like a perfectly sized platform for the Nordic Prince or Song of Norway VIKING CROWN lounge.

Would be awesome!

Posts: 441 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
shipcafe
First Class Passenger
Member # 3959

posted 11-18-2008 04:58 PM      Profile for shipcafe   Author's Homepage   Email shipcafe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Noordam:
Looks like a perfectly sized platform for the Nordic Prince or Song of Norway VIKING CROWN lounge.

Would be awesome!

Yes that would be an incredible tribute!

Posts: 314 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
jsea
First Class Passenger
Member # 3816

posted 11-18-2008 04:59 PM      Profile for jsea     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Noordam:

Would be awesome!

Agreed. Especially if they kept the original decor.

Posts: 644 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brian131489
First Class Passenger
Member # 11769

posted 11-18-2008 05:09 PM      Profile for Brian131489     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AKer builder:
Is there something more to reveale?
Is RCI holding back one more secret?

Below two images of port side minigolf court deck 15!

[ 11-18-2008: Message edited by: AKer builder ]

Do you have any other photos of that area, some better angles maybe?

Posts: 32 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 11-18-2008 05:36 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know, I noticed on the OASIS deck plans a long time ago a circular structure that was behind the port side flow rider near the miniature golf course. It looked like a structure that connected the golf course to the deck below. I thought maybe it was a kid's slide or something. Anyway, when Royal Caribbean released the renderings of the aft decks it wasn't shown, so I figured they decided against whatever it was. I guess I was wrong!

Ernie

Posts: 7046 | From: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
lasuvidaboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4527

posted 11-18-2008 06:29 PM      Profile for lasuvidaboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is that some sort of exhaust vent between the two pools?
Posts: 7654 | From: Hollywood Hills/L.A. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
LeBarryboat
First Class Passenger
Member # 5308

posted 11-18-2008 06:37 PM      Profile for LeBarryboat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's probably the smoothy bar for refreshing drinks.
Posts: 1955 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 11-18-2008 07:07 PM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeBarryboat:
It's probably the smoothy bar for refreshing drinks.

Nope. That is already someplace else. I think it will be sports oriented since everything on those aft decks revolves around sports. Perhaps trampolines or something along those lines. Looks like part of the miniature golf course will be underneath it, and I think some stairs will be added to go on top of that platform.

Ernie

dolfan
First Class Passenger
Member # 5819

posted 11-18-2008 07:29 PM      Profile for dolfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont get it...please help.

All the round platform thing looks like to me is the beginning of the sports cafe and angular mast thing on top of it.

What is every one looking at that they cannot figure out...?

Posts: 33 | From: Shelton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
jsea
First Class Passenger
Member # 3816

posted 11-18-2008 07:34 PM      Profile for jsea     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is it safe to assume that this circular platform is not for a helipad? I was unable to find a decent aerial view of the bow which is of course the traditional location on RCI vessels.
Atlcruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4586

posted 11-18-2008 08:22 PM      Profile for Atlcruiser   Email Atlcruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking a bungee trampoline.
Posts: 916 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Carlos Fernandez
First Class Passenger
Member # 6432

posted 11-18-2008 08:55 PM      Profile for Carlos Fernandez   Author's Homepage   Email Carlos Fernandez   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atlcruiser:
I'm thinking a bungee trampoline.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking too.

Posts: 1325 | From: Miami, Florida (Cruise Capital of the World) | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
DEIx15x8
First Class Passenger
Member # 14958

posted 11-18-2008 09:33 PM      Profile for DEIx15x8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It may be the trampoline. I don't think it would be the helipad since the reason that RCCL put it on the bow was so that they would not have to close an area of the top deck when people are using it. If that is a helipad they would have to clear the sports deck which would be a step backwards. The trampoline idea is also a little doubtful. While it looks like it may be and that's all I can think of for it to be, having just one does not seem likely. This is RCCL, we've all been pointing out that the sports deck hasn't really innovated as much as we had hoped for. We need to start thinking outside the box, stop looking at the sea and start looking on land for something that might look like that.
Posts: 521 | From: Kutztown, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
dolfan
First Class Passenger
Member # 5819

posted 11-18-2008 10:19 PM      Profile for dolfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I GOT IT!!! MINI-BLIMP Ride!!!

Go back and look at one of the first (if not the very first) graphic video's released by RCL. If you freeze the frame of the video of this area, (where it shows the earth from space then zooms into the ocean then the Oasis) you see an image that resembles a mini blimp....

dolfan
First Class Passenger
Member # 5819

posted 11-18-2008 10:26 PM      Profile for dolfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mini-Blimp Ride

Not sure you can get a clear enough picture anymore. The video seems to be of lower quality now.

Any one remember/seen what I am talking about??

jsea
First Class Passenger
Member # 3816

posted 11-18-2008 11:15 PM      Profile for jsea     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dolfan:
Mini-Blimp Ride

Not sure you can get a clear enough picture anymore. The video seems to be of lower quality now.

Any one remember/seen what I am talking about??

Here's the screen grab from the thread way back when...

Sure looks like a mini-blimp to me.

[ 11-18-2008: Message edited by: jsea ]

The Big C
First Class Passenger
Member # 18633

posted 11-18-2008 11:58 PM      Profile for The Big C        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The ship is nice and all and its truly innovative but its just too much for me and most likely for many other cruisers out there in the cruise world. I dont know just a thought.
Posts: 51 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
mike sa
First Class Passenger
Member # 5957

posted 11-19-2008 01:41 AM      Profile for mike sa   Author's Homepage   Email mike sa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought it was where the zip line started ?
Posts: 2272 | From: Durban, South Africa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
dolfan
First Class Passenger
Member # 5819

posted 11-19-2008 04:43 AM      Profile for dolfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jsea:
Here's the screen grab from the thread way back when...

Sure looks like a mini-blimp to me.

[ 11-18-2008: Message edited by: jsea ]

jsea, YES thats it!!!!

nycruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 960

posted 11-19-2008 07:53 AM      Profile for nycruiser   Email nycruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking it is a terminus for the sip line. The round platform is probably where the coils/wire wrap around to keep the zip line secure.
Posts: 665 | From: Westchester County, NY | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
eroller
First Class Passenger
Member # 1649

posted 11-19-2008 09:32 AM      Profile for eroller     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How about a parasailing platform? Wouldn't that be cool. Parasailing off the back of OASIS while sailing. What a fantastic photo op!

Ernie

mike sa
First Class Passenger
Member # 5957

posted 11-19-2008 09:46 AM      Profile for mike sa   Author's Homepage   Email mike sa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK the penny just dropped and the light went on - we are looking at the round thing where the mini golf should be ! Thought we were looking at the the mast !

Well it is obvious - it is for the world's biggest pizza outlet on a ship.

We assume there is not one on the starboard side ?

It doesn't look like a full deck in height underneath....... an outdoor sumo ring ?

Posts: 2272 | From: Durban, South Africa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 11-19-2008 10:28 AM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From this rendering it looks like it is about where the zip line is supposed to end.

Posts: 29976 | From: Great Falls, Virginia | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
hydrojim
First Class Passenger
Member # 17351

posted 11-19-2008 10:37 AM      Profile for hydrojim     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It looks like it is covering up a major portion of where the miniature golf course is located. The golf course can still be underneath though. I like the mini blimp idea... very cool.
Posts: 58 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.