- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Princess Cruises today announced it is making a significant enhancement to the main dining options found across its fleet, designed to give guests the ultimate in flexibility and choice when it comes to their dining experience by offering three table service options – Traditional, Reservable, or Walk-in Anytime - coupled with the brand's industry...

Latest News...Carnival Cruise Line Captain Niccolo De Ranieri and his team on Mardi Gras were honored Tuesday evening by the Association for Rescue at Sea (AFRAS) for saving the lives of 16 people. De Ranieri accepted the Cruise Ship Humanitarian Assistance Award at the AFRAS annual awards ceremony in Washington, D.C., an event that recognizes heroism at sea by the U.S. Coast Guard...

Latest News...Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), the innovator in global cruise travel, today revealed fresh, new culinary and beverage experiences debuting aboard Norwegian Aqua, the Company's next evolution new build and first vessel of the expanded Prima Plus Class, setting sail in April 2025. In line with the Company's commitment to delivering the ultimate vacation experience, ...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » QV Rendering (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: QV Rendering
Thad
First Class Passenger
Member # 1224

posted 10-02-2006 09:54 AM      Profile for Thad   Email Thad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Found this rendering on the NYCruiseInfo site, thought I would pass it allong. Ship is obviously a Vista class, but still looks pretty nice I think...

Posts: 1967 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 10-02-2006 10:21 AM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oosterdam:

Bleow: Arcadia:

[ 10-02-2006: Message edited by: Malcolm @ cruisepage ]

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Carlos Fernandez
First Class Passenger
Member # 6432

posted 10-02-2006 10:27 AM      Profile for Carlos Fernandez   Author's Homepage   Email Carlos Fernandez   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The ships exterior was designed like P&O's Arcadia, which was going to be QV, but something happened and the ships was started to be built again, this rendering has a QM2 funnel. The ship will most likely look exactly like Arcadia with Cunard colors.
Posts: 1325 | From: Miami, Florida (Cruise Capital of the World) | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Thad
First Class Passenger
Member # 1224

posted 10-02-2006 10:41 AM      Profile for Thad   Email Thad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well there are a few more changes from the Arcadia to the QV. The QV will more likely be a twin to the newest HAL ships ordered, the Signature Class. These ships are a little longer than the Vista's and the QV does not have the exterior elevators that the Vista Sisters and Arcadia all have. It looks to me like the upper deck addition in front of the funnel is a different shape on the QV than on the Arcadia. All in all I am somewhat interested to see what this new ship will actually finally look like...
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 10-02-2006 10:51 AM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Only a few changes. Look at the deck plans of QV and either the HALs or Arcadia and they're still very similar. Now we have a proper artist's impression it confirms what I said all along. Clone.
Posts: 2023 | From: Hythe, Hants | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 10-02-2006 11:06 AM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HAHAHAHA this is the new ocean liner fore Cunard. I think someone at Carnival co. must be comedian. Simply vista with an Cunard touch.

Agree with Thad this is i'm affraid what the new HAL vessels will look like, maybe with the outside elevators in place. Just more frome the same number 7 and 8.

Greetings Ben.

ps. Still both QV and Oosterdam look splendith in that angel.

Posts: 4695 | From: Rotterdam home of the tss. Rotterdam. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 10-02-2006 11:14 AM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LOL! I don't like it. With the Cunard funnel it looks more ridiculous than the HALs. Still can't wait for the 2008 itineries to see if they have Vicky and Arcadia in together. Each company used to leave their own mark with their designs. With Carnival using the same ones across the board it gets stupid. You'd have thought, with the change of mind last time handing it over to P&O, they would have come up with something different, maybe based on QM2 but smaller with something to distinguish them. For all that they just might as repaint the funnel, change the name and stick one of the Dams under the Cunard banner.
cruiseshipluver
First Class Passenger
Member # 5104

posted 10-02-2006 11:34 AM      Profile for cruiseshipluver   Author's Homepage   Email cruiseshipluver   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do not like it either, it is a clear clone of the vista class...i hardly see any modifications....I would hope that Cunard is trying to keep us guessing and not having this as the final design?
cruiseshipluver

Posts: 1797 | From: Barbados--cruiseship capital of the Southern Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 10-02-2006 11:38 AM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No external lift is the main one. It looks like where they currently have Arcadia in lights (no idea about the HALs because I haven't seen them close enough) has been removed and the name's nearer the funnel. Apart from that, er....
Carlos Fernandez
First Class Passenger
Member # 6432

posted 10-02-2006 11:46 AM      Profile for Carlos Fernandez   Author's Homepage   Email Carlos Fernandez   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The older renderings looked just like Arcadia with exterior elevators and evertything else. It's true, Cunard should have done something a bit different, more like a smaller clone of QM2.
Posts: 1325 | From: Miami, Florida (Cruise Capital of the World) | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 10-02-2006 11:54 AM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well not a clone exactly but started from her basic design and made a few changes. The last Queens were sisters but different. That's what these should be. Clones seem to be what all of them do these days sadly but they should at least keep them to one brand. This is across 3 brands. How long before they all end up with one design?
Thad
First Class Passenger
Member # 1224

posted 10-02-2006 12:09 PM      Profile for Thad   Email Thad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we have to take the fact that this is a photoshop as a sign that the ship might look a little different than this. One aspect that will most likely not look like this rendering is the mast. I would think that that the QV will get the QE2 mast that both the QM and Arcadia ended up with. I do think it is interesting that the hull paint does not go as far up the hull in this rendering as it does on the HAL sisters...
Ernst
First Class Passenger
Member # 5369

posted 10-02-2006 12:14 PM      Profile for Ernst   Author's Homepage   Email Ernst   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thad:
I think we have to take the fact that this is a photoshop [..]

Exactly - just the QM2 funnel added to a HAL Vista class - a discussion on design details based on this picuture is therefore sensless.

Posts: 9746 | From: Eindhoven | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 10-02-2006 12:16 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Maasdam:
HAHAHAHA this is the new ocean liner fore Cunard. I think someone at Carnival co. must be comedian.

Or a genius!

A relatively chaep addition to the Cunard fleet and I bet the customers lap it up, especially when the QE2's gone.

M

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Pascal
First Class Passenger
Member # 5510

posted 10-02-2006 12:20 PM      Profile for Pascal     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh my goodness, they took the Oosterdam picture Malcolm posted and photoshoped it !!!! Look at the bow waves, they are exactly identical !

And yes, Cunard livery suits very well to the Vista class.

Posts: 1371 | From: Aix en Provence | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
mec1
First Class Passenger
Member # 4287

posted 10-02-2006 12:32 PM      Profile for mec1   Author's Homepage   Email mec1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When will they simply rename the P&O fleet and paint them as Cunarders?
Posts: 1675 | From: London, England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 10-02-2006 12:36 PM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Christmas? Queen Oriana? They already have Queen Arcadia.

Going on it then, Malcolm?

lasuvidaboy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4527

posted 10-02-2006 02:08 PM      Profile for lasuvidaboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It would be wonderful if Cunard installed a tall funnel (like QE2's) and mast as opposed to a stubby one line on QM2. A Vista/Spirit Class ship ship can easily handle a tall majestic stack.
Posts: 7654 | From: Hollywood Hills/L.A. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Carlos Fernandez
First Class Passenger
Member # 6432

posted 10-02-2006 02:18 PM      Profile for Carlos Fernandez   Author's Homepage   Email Carlos Fernandez   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cruise ships should not look the same, I know that's what's cheap but hey, be a bit unique. But many passengers except for poeple who really know don't really care and they are the majority.
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 10-02-2006 02:59 PM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hear, hear, Carlos. Nice to know someone else feels the same way. Apparently Royal Caribbean won't be making changes to Pullmantur so it makes me wish they'd got P&O instead. They don't put their Celebrity designs in their own fleet and vice versa so they still have some individuality among the brands. The way Carnival are going all basic hull designs will be one. They've already put theirs on the new Costas. HALs on P&O and Cunard. Grand Class Princess now with P&O. Originality has disappeared. The last one was probably QM2. I was speaking to a woman last weeked who loved Oriana and Aurora but was very disappointed with Arcadia. They can make the interiors as posh as they like with Vicky but it won't change the fact her design is already in service.
Onno
First Class Passenger
Member # 3071

posted 10-02-2006 03:29 PM      Profile for Onno   Author's Homepage   Email Onno   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As with most of Cunard’s PR material, this is no exception, the rendition is don very poorly. The QV presentation of a while back clearly showed a raised lookout/observation deck on her for deck. The person who did this sloppy allteration simply forgot to ad it or it was too dificult for him/her to do so.

Notice that the Funnel is a cut and past from QM2 (the perspective of the funnel does not match up with the ship)

Notice that the mast is in typical HAL white black white rings! Again the “artist” forgot that fact!

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy!

Don’t take this rendition as a true and honest representation of QV.

Onno

Posts: 3583 | From: the Netherlands (Berenbotje ging uit varen...) | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 10-02-2006 03:34 PM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ernst:

Exactly - just the QM2 funnel added to a HAL Vista class - a discussion on design details based on this picuture is therefore sensless.

Now come on, that has never stopped people in the past...

Those of you wishing to comment on something more substantial than a photoshopped image might find the interior renderings on the Cunard site interesting. They can be found here.

Atrium

Queens Room

Then again, some are sure to complain that this is no different than any other Carnival or HAL vista...

Joe at TravelPage.com

Posts: 29976 | From: Great Falls, Virginia | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 10-02-2006 03:52 PM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh look the man with the extra hand and woman with an arm. The brochure puts that couple from the Caronia restaurant pic for QE2 in a different place but still with the woman's arm and man's hand added. They love their photoshop these designers.

The interiors are indeed nice, Joe. It's the exterior that's the problem. That and very simialr deckplans.

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 10-02-2006 04:01 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pascal:
Oh my goodness, they took the Oosterdam picture Malcolm posted and photoshoped it!

I did NOT photoshop anything. That is HAL's reendition of ther Oosterdam, which has obviously been used for Queen Vic.

Patsy
First Class Passenger
Member # 5611

posted 10-02-2006 05:38 PM      Profile for Patsy   Author's Homepage   Email Patsy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can vouch for that. I searched Google Images and it came up on there. They did the same for Crown Princess/Ventura. Same pic, just different livery.

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.