- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Princess Cruises today announced it is making a significant enhancement to the main dining options found across its fleet, designed to give guests the ultimate in flexibility and choice when it comes to their dining experience by offering three table service options – Traditional, Reservable, or Walk-in Anytime - coupled with the brand's industry...

Latest News...Carnival Cruise Line Captain Niccolo De Ranieri and his team on Mardi Gras were honored Tuesday evening by the Association for Rescue at Sea (AFRAS) for saving the lives of 16 people. De Ranieri accepted the Cruise Ship Humanitarian Assistance Award at the AFRAS annual awards ceremony in Washington, D.C., an event that recognizes heroism at sea by the U.S. Coast Guard...

Latest News...Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), the innovator in global cruise travel, today revealed fresh, new culinary and beverage experiences debuting aboard Norwegian Aqua, the Company's next evolution new build and first vessel of the expanded Prima Plus Class, setting sail in April 2025. In line with the Company's commitment to delivering the ultimate vacation experience, ...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » links to pics of Qm2 in rotterdam?? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: links to pics of Qm2 in rotterdam??
Mr_Cunard
First Class Passenger
Member # 4649

posted 07-22-2004 08:08 AM      Profile for Mr_Cunard     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone can post the links to the pics of the Qm2 in rotterdam? My computer will not allow me to acess the photo gallery for some strange reason but i can get to it through links dont aks me why but it is just weird!! that woudl be awesome

Cheers

Posts: 132 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
RobHolland
First Class Passenger
Member # 3779

posted 07-22-2004 08:15 AM      Profile for RobHolland   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi,

These are the links:

Johan'slink: http://www.travelserver.net/travelpage/aspgallery/view_ad.asp?Ad_ID=1434

Onno'slinks:
http://www.travelserver.net/travelpage/aspgallery/view_ad.asp?Ad_ID=1436

http://www.travelserver.net/travelpage/aspgallery/view_ad.asp?Ad_ID=1437

And links to my photoalbums are:

http://www.travelserver.net/travelpage/aspgallery/view_ad.asp?Ad_ID=1430

http://www.travelserver.net/travelpage/aspgallery/view_ad.asp?Ad_ID=1432

http://www.travelserver.net/travelpage/aspgallery/view_ad.asp?Ad_ID=1433

http://www.travelserver.net/travelpage/aspgallery/view_ad.asp?Ad_ID=1435

Good luck!

Posts: 762 | From: ms Rotterdam | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
joe at travelpage
Administrator
Member # 622

posted 07-22-2004 08:15 AM      Profile for joe at travelpage   Author's Homepage   Email joe at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some versions of Norton Internet Security software prevent the Photo Gallery images from being displayed. This is a known problem and can be corrected by following these instructions.

Joe at TravelPage.com

Posts: 29976 | From: Great Falls, Virginia | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Mr_Cunard
First Class Passenger
Member # 4649

posted 07-22-2004 08:30 AM      Profile for Mr_Cunard     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you soooo much u dont knwo how long that has been bugging me and now i can see them all thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

p.s Did u guys get any photos of you as a group?

Posts: 132 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
RobHolland
First Class Passenger
Member # 3779

posted 07-22-2004 08:49 AM      Profile for RobHolland   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't meet any of the CT members, as most of them were on the chartered party boat already at the time I was there. I believe there was a plan to take a group foto so probably we can expect it soon?
Onno
First Class Passenger
Member # 3071

posted 07-22-2004 09:42 AM      Profile for Onno   Author's Homepage   Email Onno   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately I haven’t got a group shot.

Jochen and I had waited at hotel New York, we only met Chris for a few seconds (just long enough to introduce ourselves and say hello) because he had to hurry to catch his excursion bus. Later that day I said goodbye to Jochen because I had to go to the Excursion boat for boarding. Onboard I also met Ben (Maasdam) and we had enjoyable ship conversation. I did not met other CT members but honestly I would not know if I had, I talked to several people of the many present that day so It could have been possible I did.

Maybe Jochen did meet some other members, he stayed onshore to watch her depart.

Onno

Posts: 3583 | From: the Netherlands (Berenbotje ging uit varen...) | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cunardcoll
First Class Passenger
Member # 1226

posted 07-23-2004 03:57 AM      Profile for Cunardcoll   Author's Homepage   Email Cunardcoll   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I met Chris again after Onno left and also Johan.

Jochen

Posts: 947 | From: Belgium | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cunardcoll
First Class Passenger
Member # 1226

posted 07-23-2004 04:07 AM      Profile for Cunardcoll   Author's Homepage   Email Cunardcoll   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here 's one :

from left to right :
Johan , Chris Cunard and Cunardcoll

Jochen

Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 07-23-2004 07:10 AM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There where over 200.000 people on and around the Wilhelminakade. At a certain moment there was a traffic chaos. The touringcars with passengers returning to QM2 must be guided by police through the traffic chaos. Therfore QM2 depart almost 45 minutes to late. To find cruise talkers was very difficult only Onno and that was o/b the Smaragd 2. Indeed we have a enjoyeble about cruise ships and afcorse QM2.

Sadly not meet the other CT members It was to busy.

[ 07-23-2004: Message edited by: Maasdam ]

Posts: 4695 | From: Rotterdam home of the tss. Rotterdam. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
desirod7
First Class Passenger
Member # 1626

posted 07-23-2004 08:12 AM      Profile for desirod7     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wish I were there, fun memories of last December in Rotterdam
Posts: 5727 | From: Philadelphia, Pa [home of the SS United States] | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
rd77
First Class Passenger
Member # 2117

posted 07-23-2004 11:17 AM      Profile for rd77   Email rd77   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Maasdam:
There where over 200.000 people on and around the Wilhelminakade. At a certain moment there was a traffic chaos. The touringcars with passengers returning to QM2 must be guided by police through the traffic chaos. Therfore QM2 depart almost 45 minutes to late. To find cruise talkers was very difficult only Onno and that was o/b the Smaragd 2. Indeed we have a enjoyeble about cruise ships and afcorse QM2.

Sadly not meet the other CT members It was to busy.

[ 07-23-2004: Message edited by: Maasdam ]

Ben,

Did you take that picture from the Willemskade? I was there between 5 and 5.45 to watch the ship depart....

Cheers,

Ralph

Posts: 1037 | From: The Hague, Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 07-24-2004 02:48 AM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Found it [needn't reply to my previous comment in another thread], nice photo but what are the silver funnels sticking out of the grass? A children's play area?
Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
RobHolland
First Class Passenger
Member # 3779

posted 07-24-2004 03:23 AM      Profile for RobHolland   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Pam,

It's our national steam ship cemetary.

Kidding - It's art, as part of the green field at the head of the quay

Onno
First Class Passenger
Member # 3071

posted 07-24-2004 04:25 AM      Profile for Onno   Author's Homepage   Email Onno   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the arty funnels are nice but why on earth did they paint them in navy colours and not in the festive HAL livery (mustard yellow, with green/white/green bands) well I guess that is the artist prerogative.

They realy worked hard to finish it in time for QM2 because with Grand Princess there were still big dumpsters, loose bricks, sand and building equipment laying around (though the funnels have been there already for quit some time now)

Onno

[ 07-24-2004: Message edited by: Onno ]

Posts: 3583 | From: the Netherlands (Berenbotje ging uit varen...) | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 07-24-2004 04:45 AM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PamM:
Found it [needn't reply to my previous comment in another thread], nice photo but what are the silver funnels sticking out of the grass? A children's play area?
Pam

The silver colored funnels profide frech air to the the underground parking lot of the Rotterdam Port Authority building on the background..

Yes Onno i always wonder why they not give theme the HAL colors.

Posts: 4695 | From: Rotterdam home of the tss. Rotterdam. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 07-24-2004 04:54 AM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rd77:

Ben,

Did you take that picture from the Willemskade? I was there between 5 and 5.45 to watch the ship depart....

Cheers,

Ralph

Hi Ralph.

No i have not one of the Willemskade. Here is a picture frome the Westerkade taken at the headoffice of VOPAK (van Ommeren / Pakhoed) The Westerkade is just next to Willemskade.

Greatings Ben.

[ 07-24-2004: Message edited by: Maasdam ]

First Class Passenger
Member # 1157

posted 07-24-2004 05:32 AM      Profile for Guest        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really am tall arent I... lol

Still in England - leave for home tonight. More QM2 details then. As you all know QE2 has been my favorite ship for years , and still is, but QM2 is only 1% behind her in the stakes - Queen Mary 2 is a fantastic ship. More soon.

[ 07-24-2004: Message edited by: Chris Cunard ]

Posts: 1888 | From: Earth | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Onno
First Class Passenger
Member # 3071

posted 07-24-2004 06:57 AM      Profile for Onno   Author's Homepage   Email Onno   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a “group” shot of myself on the foredeck of the Smaragd II. One of my parents took it while I was checking how many digital pictures I had taken. It thought it was a nice picture with QM2 in the background while all the people onboard were waiting for her to depart. Later on I bumped into Ben (Maasdam).

Onno

rd77
First Class Passenger
Member # 2117

posted 07-31-2004 09:01 AM      Profile for rd77   Email rd77   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB]

Hi Ralph.

No i have not one of the Willemskade. Here is a picture frome the Westerkade taken at the headoffice of VOPAK (van Ommeren / Pakhoed) The Westerkade is just next to Willemskade.

Greatings Ben.

Hi Ben, I was on the Westerkade, quite close to the Veerhaven and the Maas clubhouse. I'm not a Rotterdammer, so I thought the whole stretch was called Willemskade

Posts: 1037 | From: The Hague, Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Willem
First Class Passenger
Member # 3005

posted 07-31-2004 02:55 PM      Profile for Willem        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ralph,

When you start at the east part of the city, you find along the 'Nieuwe Maas': 'Maas Boulevard' till the Willemsbrug, than till Leuvehaven it is called 'Boompjes'. At the other side. where the Spido is it is called 'Willemsplein', till Veerhaven you find 'Willemskade', walk around the Veerhaven and you will find 'Westerkade' till the beginning of Het Park. In front of Het Park is 'Parkkade'.
The clubhouse of 'Roeiersvereniging De Maas' is at the corner of Willemskade and Veerhaven, close to the World Museum (Museum voor Land- en Volkenkunde).

I visited ms Westerdam today, but cannot work on my photos till Monday.
I will let you know when the album is finished.

Regards,

Willem van der Leek

[ 07-31-2004: Message edited by: Willem H. van der Leek ]

Posts: 1469 | From: In the namesake city of Cape Hoorn. | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cunardcoll
First Class Passenger
Member # 1226

posted 07-31-2004 05:37 PM      Profile for Cunardcoll   Author's Homepage   Email Cunardcoll   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My photos are online at www.JG-adventure.cjb.net , click on trips and then Trip 50

Jochen

Maasdam
First Class Passenger
Member # 3858

posted 07-31-2004 05:58 PM      Profile for Maasdam   Author's Homepage   Email Maasdam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rd77:

Hi Ben, I was on the Westerkade, quite close to the Veerhaven and the Maas clubhouse. I'm not a Rotterdammer, so I thought the whole stretch was called Willemskade

Whops i was wrong cane happen i'm only human buth a real Rotterdammer (who cane find the light switch) It was the Willemskade on my picture. Sorry to give you wrong information. Hope you enjoy your stay in Rotterdam.

[ 07-31-2004: Message edited by: Maasdam ]

Willem
First Class Passenger
Member # 3005

posted 08-01-2004 01:25 AM      Profile for Willem        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Whops i was wrong cane happen i'm only human buth a real Rotterdammer (who cane find the light switch) .

[ 07-31-2004: Message edited by: Maasdam ]

Are you jealous Ben ? ?

Posts: 1469 | From: In the namesake city of Cape Hoorn. | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Onno
First Class Passenger
Member # 3071

posted 08-01-2004 06:01 AM      Profile for Onno   Author's Homepage   Email Onno   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Willem H. van der Leek:

Are you jealous Ben ? ?

Looks like someone is having some big mood swings lately! I haven’t seen this particular Gremlin used many times on CT over the years until recent!

[ 08-01-2004: Message edited by: Onno ]

Onno
First Class Passenger
Member # 3071

posted 08-01-2004 06:03 AM      Profile for Onno   Author's Homepage   Email Onno   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For those interested I got some newly designed QM2 background for on the Computer, here is the link: wallpapers

Onno

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.