- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...Princess Cruises today announced it is making a significant enhancement to the main dining options found across its fleet, designed to give guests the ultimate in flexibility and choice when it comes to their dining experience by offering three table service options – Traditional, Reservable, or Walk-in Anytime - coupled with the brand's industry...

Latest News...Carnival Cruise Line Captain Niccolo De Ranieri and his team on Mardi Gras were honored Tuesday evening by the Association for Rescue at Sea (AFRAS) for saving the lives of 16 people. De Ranieri accepted the Cruise Ship Humanitarian Assistance Award at the AFRAS annual awards ceremony in Washington, D.C., an event that recognizes heroism at sea by the U.S. Coast Guard...

Latest News...Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), the innovator in global cruise travel, today revealed fresh, new culinary and beverage experiences debuting aboard Norwegian Aqua, the Company's next evolution new build and first vessel of the expanded Prima Plus Class, setting sail in April 2025. In line with the Company's commitment to delivering the ultimate vacation experience, ...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Jewel of the Seas photo preview now online

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jewel of the Seas photo preview now online
Bart
First Class Passenger
Member # 1683

posted 04-05-2004 08:55 AM      Profile for Bart   Author's Homepage   Email Bart   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For those of you interested, I have uploaded a dozen or so photos of the Ems transfer of Royal Caribbean's brand new & beautiful Jewel of the Seas, including a number of interior shots.

My photos are now online in the Photo of the Week section of Passenger Ship Parade at http://www.PassengerShipParade.com .

If you have visited my site recently, you might want to reload the index page to get the latest version.

Enjoy!
Bart

Posts: 95 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Globaliser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4153

posted 04-05-2004 09:35 AM      Profile for Globaliser     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fantastic! Thank you! These must be the first pictures on the web from onboard the ship.
Posts: 1869 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
jsea
First Class Passenger
Member # 3816

posted 04-05-2004 09:44 AM      Profile for jsea     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Excellent photos, Bart.

We're looking forward to sailing on Jewel at the end of next month... she looks like a stunner.

Posts: 644 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
PamM
First Class Passenger
Member # 2127

posted 04-05-2004 09:48 AM      Profile for PamM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Superb Bart, what an experience too. She looks great, just not sure about that statue by the pool.
Pam

Posts: 12176 | From: Cambridge, UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
linerguy
First Class Passenger
Member # 4289

posted 04-05-2004 10:38 AM      Profile for linerguy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pretty standard stuff from RCI. Although they follow a formula, for some reason, I like their interiors way better than the blah interiors of Princess' ships. I really like the chairs in the Safari Club.

My only beef is, like Pam mentioned, the statues. Why do both RCI and Celebrity insist on placing statues of "plump" people around their ships? No disrespect intended.

Thanks, Bart, for the lovely pics. As always, top quality stuff from you.

Russ

Posts: 1486 | From: Bright, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Johan
First Class Passenger
Member # 4458

posted 04-05-2004 10:46 AM      Profile for Johan   Email Johan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen these statues in reality, only on photo, and they seem to me "Nikki de St-Phalle"-esque, who, although deceased, is rather popular and colourful.
Botero paints also "plump" people and is also very sought after. It is the fashion of the time perhaps.
J.

Posts: 1895 | From: Antwerpen, Belgium | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
recab
First Class Passenger
Member # 1677

posted 04-05-2004 11:16 AM      Profile for recab   Email recab   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Globaliser:
Fantastic! Thank you! These must be the first pictures on the web from onboard the ship.

Yes Globaliser, they are the first good interior pics on the web.

Posts: 730 | From: Aland, Finland | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sokker14
First Class Passenger
Member # 2944

posted 04-05-2004 12:01 PM      Profile for Sokker14   Email Sokker14   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All I can say is WOW. Shes poised to be the most beautiful RCI ship ever IMHO.
Posts: 34 | From: New Orleans | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Scottylass
First Class Passenger
Member # 420

posted 04-07-2004 12:38 PM      Profile for Scottylass   Email Scottylass   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I knew I could rely on Cruisetalk to provide pictures of the new Jewel of the Seas, but Bart has excelled himself once again. Thank's for all these wonderful photograph's, as we will be cruising on her next month it makes it all the more exciting to see these photo's.

Thank You Bart
Cheers
M.

Posts: 648 | From: Stirlingshire, Scotland | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
nathan
First Class Passenger
Member # 720

posted 04-07-2004 01:02 PM      Profile for nathan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome back Scottylass. We've missed you.
Posts: 534 | From: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Aug 99  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 04-07-2004 01:12 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Scottylass, welcome Back! I thought that you had left me forever!
Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Scottylass
First Class Passenger
Member # 420

posted 04-07-2004 01:15 PM      Profile for Scottylass   Email Scottylass   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Nathan and Malcolm

Thanks for your welcome back, oooh I wish that I had more time to visit cruisetalk every day, but since I have retired I just don't have the time, maybe I should go back to work then guys eh!!! so I can visit CT LOL....

Cheers
Mary

Posts: 648 | From: Stirlingshire, Scotland | Registered: Jul 99  |  IP: Logged
Royal Caribbean Cruiser
First Class Passenger
Member # 4310

posted 04-10-2004 02:19 AM      Profile for Royal Caribbean Cruiser   Author's Homepage   Email Royal Caribbean Cruiser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey bart, great pictures. i noticed on one of your reviews this comment, and hadnt heard much about it ever and was curious to learn more..

Only a few days before announcing that they would merge with P&O Princess Cruises to form the largest cruise company in the world, Royal Caribbean International (RCI) introduced ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS, their third mega-sized cruise ship.

can you give me any imformation on this? thanks

Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bart
First Class Passenger
Member # 1683

posted 04-10-2004 02:38 AM      Profile for Bart   Author's Homepage   Email Bart   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Royal Caribbean Cruiser:

Only a few days before announcing that they would merge with P&O Princess Cruises to form the largest cruise company in the world, Royal Caribbean International (RCI) introduced ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS, their third mega-sized cruise ship.

can you give me any imformation on this? thanks

Hi Royal Caribbean Cruiser,

This quote is from my Adventure of the Seas review, which was published in December of 2001. At that time RCI had just announced they would merge with P&O Princess. Later, P&O Princess ended up with Carnival.

I will take this sentence away from the article to avoid any misunderstandings.

Thanks to all of you for your enthusiastic posts! I will upload an expanded Jewel of the Seas preview page with more photos later this weekend.

Bart

Posts: 95 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 04-10-2004 12:31 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by linerguy:
Why do both RCI and Celebrity insist on placing statues of "plump" people around their ships?

Well it makes the guests feel thin!

The interiors are obviously a variation on the exccelent 'Brilliance of the Seas'.

If you have not been on board one of the 'Radience' class, I can assure you that they look more stunning and more tastefull in real life. The amount of light that spills into these ships, due to the large amount of glass used is just stunning. They actually have more connection with the sea than some smaller ships.

RCI are really doing a great job with these vessels. I personally would rather see ever cruise line get a 'Radience' class than a 'Vista' class.

Posts: 19210 | From: Essex (Just Outside London) | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
recab
First Class Passenger
Member # 1677

posted 04-10-2004 02:56 PM      Profile for recab   Email recab   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:

RCI are really doing a great job with these vessels. I personally would rather see ever cruise line get a 'Radience' class than a 'Vista' class.

Coming from you Malcolm, it must be the highest marks these ships can get! As you probably know by now, I can only agree.

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 04-10-2004 03:10 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by recab:
Coming from you Malcolm, it must be the highest marks these ships can get!

True, I’m not easily impressed, but my inaugural cruise on ‘Brilliance’ completely changed my opinion of big new ships.

The design has something for everyone. There is plenty of glitz, but some tasteful public rooms too. I believe that the dining room on 'Brilliance', which has a period Ocean Liner' (i.e. original Queen Mary) feel about was designed by the team that were recently employed to do the QM2's.

I can only say that you have to try one, of these astonishing vessels if you get the chance. You cannot really judge them by looking at the pictures is Not the same!

recab
First Class Passenger
Member # 1677

posted 04-10-2004 04:31 PM      Profile for recab   Email recab   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm @ cruisepage:

I can only say that you have to try one, of these astonishing vessels if you get the chance. You cannot really judge them by looking at the pictures is Not the same!

Exactely, I tried the Jewel last weekend and can highly recommend her or any of her sisters.

Malcolm @ cruisepage
Cruise Director
Member # 301

posted 04-10-2004 06:26 PM      Profile for Malcolm @ cruisepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...for example:

Internally the tons of glass spill light into every corner of the ship and offer excellent views of the Ocean, almost everwhere you walk, even in the elevators.

Externally, standing on the dock, all that glass makes the vessel look more like an office block that a ship!

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.