- Ernst's Site
- Patsy's Site
- Ben's Site
- Carlos' Site
- Chris' Site
- SRead's Site

Cruise Travel - Cruise Talk
Cruise Talk Cruise News

Welcome to Cruise Talk the Internet's most popular discussion forum dedicated to cruising. Stop by Cruise Talk anytime to post a message or find out what your fellow passengers and industry insiders are saying about a particular ship, cruise line or destination.

>>> Reader Reviews
>>> CruisePage.com Photo Gallery
>>> Join Our Cruise Club.

Latest News...She's the next in a fine line for Cunard, and today (April 19), Queen Anne officially joined the luxury cruise line's iconic fleet during a historic handover ceremony in Italy. Cunard took ownership of their stunning 3,000-guest ship during a traditional handover ceremony at the Fincantieri Marghera shipyard in Venice – where master shipbuilders have been constructing the...

Latest News...Princess Cruises and ship builder Fincantieri today announced the mutual decision to postpone the delivery of the next Sphere Class ship, Star Princess. Following a comprehensive review of the remaining construction milestones, both parties have elected to adjust the ship's delivery date from July 29, 2025 to September 26, 2025, which will result in the cancellation of the nine...

Latest News...Seabourn announced this week that the Wunambal Gaambera Traditional Owners as godparents of Seabourn Pursuit, the line's newest ultra-luxury, purpose-built expedition ship. >Seabourn is the first cruise line to appoint Traditional Owners as godparents of a ship. The naming of Wunambal Gaambera Traditional Owners as godparents of Seabourn Pursuit serves as a symbolic gesture...

More Cruise News...

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cruise Talk   » Cruise Ships   » Famous guest entertainers and/or passengers

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Famous guest entertainers and/or passengers
MagnmPI
First Class Passenger
Member # 299

posted 08-14-1999 04:45 PM      Profile for MagnmPI     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think most of us are pleasantly surprised when a famous guest with celebrity status is the featured entertainment for the night. Just wanted to take a little survey of what celebrity entertainer you had and on what cruise line.
Or if you encountered any celebrities on a cruise vacation that's o.k. too. Is it possible to be seated at the same table with them?
Now I realize that famous to one person may not be famous to another, but, that doesn't matter. Let's hear it anyways.
I'll start, I saw Charro on RCCL's Vision of the Seas, May '98 in the meditteranean. It's not Madonna but she'll do for now.

[This message has been edited by MagnmPI (edited 08-14-99).]

Posts: 545 | From: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: Aug 99
sympatico
First Class Passenger
Member # 797

posted 08-15-1999 10:04 AM      Profile for sympatico     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK Here goes - all on HAL ships. Margaret O'Brien - she was on a few times so spent some time with her. Most memorable was Marty Allen and his wife Katie (comedy duo Marty Allen/SteveRossi). They were on the Westerdam performing for 6 weeks at a time and we were on the ship in 88,89,90 with them. He was loads of fun and spoke to all the passengers and spent time with everybody - he was one of the gang, so to speak. Marnie Nixon was on many times - she did the singing voice over for many musical movies eg. King & I, My Fair Lady - nice lady. On one of our cruises a singer from our home town was on board (she used to live across the street from us) and she introduced us to Vincent Gardenia. Oh yes, Howard Duff was on our cruise in '88. He was a passenger, not an entertainer. I have never seen the entertainers sit with the pasengers at dinner although it could happen, but usually they eat with the officers/staff. If I remember correctly one of the Roosevelt sons was a guest speaker on board and I think he and his wife sat with the passengers at dinner.
Nowadays you usually find the big name stars/entertainers on the World Cruises, although I see where there are going to be some big names - maybe old names - on HAL'S millenium cruises.
edited 08-15 - my husband just reminded me that we met Richard Petty - his fan club had a cruise when he retired from car racing and he was the honored guest. That was a very rough voyage from Ft. Lauderdale to Puerto Rico and a lot of people kissed the ground when we docked.

[This message has been edited by sympatico (edited 08-15-99).]

[This message has been edited by sympatico (edited 08-15-99).]

Posts: 3305 | From: Toronto, Ont. Canada | Registered: Jul 99
DAMBROSI
First Class Passenger
Member # 100

posted 08-15-1999 01:11 PM      Profile for DAMBROSI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On both cruises we were not sailing on, but we saw a playbill
of SEALEGS on the SS NORWAY in the
early 80's and JACK JONES was slated to be an entertainer.
Also in the early 80's, when we
visited the QE2, while we were in
one of the lounges, in strolls
ART BUCHWALD, my husband cut his
hair when the TERMINAL BARBER SHOPS were in business a long time
ago. BUCHWALD was very nice and i
got his autograph. I still have it
with my many mementos i have collected over the years.

Posts: 2554 | From: Florida, USA, Where the Legend SS NORWAY sailed from. Moving back to FL next yr. | Registered: May 99
mrblanche
First Class Passenger
Member # 714

posted 08-16-1999 09:07 AM      Profile for mrblanche   Email mrblanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On our first cruise, the medical expert for ABC News, Dr. Tim Johnson, was aboard. Ran across him a number of times, sat and talked to him extensively. Really nice guy.

Also aboard that cruise was one of the engineer who had designed/built the ship (Constitution), and he had some great stories about her construction.

corinne at travelpage
First Class Passenger
Member # 537

posted 08-16-1999 12:39 PM      Profile for corinne at travelpage   Email corinne at travelpage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well... Not to impress you, but Mickey Mouse was on our cruise in April on the Disney Magic. Also aboard were Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Snow White and Chip n Dale. I'm afraid that is the best I can do.
MagnmPI
First Class Passenger
Member # 299

posted 08-16-1999 01:58 PM      Profile for MagnmPI     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmmmm, rodents so big they gave them names huh. Sounds more like a CDC problem. hehe.
Posts: 545 | From: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: Aug 99
sympatico
First Class Passenger
Member # 797

posted 08-16-1999 02:25 PM      Profile for sympatico     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Corinne - Your famous people were probably more interesting and more fun than the ones we met - that is so cute!
Posts: 3305 | From: Toronto, Ont. Canada | Registered: Jul 99
mrblanche
First Class Passenger
Member # 714

posted 08-16-1999 03:03 PM      Profile for mrblanche   Email mrblanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Goofy" has been on every cruise I've ever taken. He really gets around! Of course, he looks different on every ship...

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CruisePage

Infopop Corporation
Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.1.0.3

VACATION & CRUISE SPECIALS
Check out these great deals from CruisePage.com

Royal Caribbean - Bahamas Getaway from $129 per person
Description: Experience the beautiful ports of Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island - CocoCay on a 3-night Weekend Getaway to the Bahamas. Absorb everything island life has to offer as you snorkel with the stingrays, parasail above the serene blue waters and walk the endless white sand beaches. From Miami.
Carnival - 4-Day Bahamas from $229 per person
Description: Enjoy a wonderful 3 Day cruise to the fun-loving playground of Nassau, Bahamas. Discover Nassau, the capital city as well as the cultural, commercial and financial heart of the Bahamas. Meet the Atlantic Southern Stingrays, the guardians of Blackbeard's treasure.
NCL - Bermuda - 7 Day from $499 per person
Description: What a charming little chain of islands. Walk on pink sand beaches. Swim and snorkel in turquoise seas. Take in the historical sights. They're stoically British and very quaint. Or explore the coral reefs. You can get to them by boat or propelled by fins. You pick. Freestyle Cruising doesn't tell you where to go or what to do. Sure, you can plan ahead, or decide once onboard. After all, it's your vacation. There are no deadlines or must do's.
Holland America - Eastern Caribbean from From $599 per person
Description: White sand, black sand, talcum soft or shell strewn, the beaches of the Eastern Caribbean invite you to swim, snorkel or simply relax. For shoppers, there's duty-free St. Thomas, the Straw Market in Nassau, French perfume and Dutch chocolates on St. Maarten. For history buffs, the fascinating fusion of Caribbean, Latin and European cultures. For everyone, a day spent on HAL's award winning private island Half Moon Cay.
Celebrity - 7-Night Western Mediterranean from $549 per person
Description: For centuries people have traveled to Europe to see magnificent ruins, art treasures and natural wonders. And the best way to do so is by cruise ship. Think of it - you pack and unpack only once. No wasted time searching for hotels and negotiating train stations. Instead, you arrive at romantic ports of call relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the world.
Holland America - Alaska from From $499 per person
Description: Sail between Vancouver and Seward, departing Sundays on the ms Statendam or ms Volendam and enjoy towering mountains, actively calving glaciers and pristine wildlife habitat. Glacier Bay and College Fjord offer two completely different glacier-viewing experiences.

| Home | About Us | Suggest-a-Site | Feedback | Contact Us | Privacy |
This page, and all contents, are © 1995-2021 by Interactive Travel Guides, Inc. and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
TravelPage.com is a trademark of Interactive Travel Guides, Inc.